Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Pep Hamilton thread [Mega-merge]

C0lts088

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not forget, that Pagano told Pep to be more aggressive in the 4th quarter and start throwing the ball more downfield than before.

This is not all on Pep........

Things are rarely that black and white.

Just saying.....

10 carries 48 yards for the game get the playbook out of this *s hands

Luck threw 40 TD's last year under Pep. Pep Isn't the problem, Luck has regressed. Luck isn't looking for his TE's. If Rodgers or Brady had Fleener he would lead the all Te's in catches, yards, and Td's. He's trying to force throws into Hilton and teams are catching on to it.

If you don't think Pep is a problem you aren't paying attention. Luck has obviously played bad, but the play calling has been just as bad if not worse.

His receivers aren't getting open. Probably due to a badly designed O.

Yes I agree. Our offense was clicking well with MH in there and the first half of the Patriots game. I just can't wrap my head around how Pep or Pagano can't see the crap that's going on.

Something has to be done with this team. And I think it starts with Pep Hamilton.  I am tired of the excusing being the talent level or offensive line.  I think in order to judge the Colts talent, you have to compare to other teams.  Ok, so offensive line.  We don't have any less talent on our oLine than the Patriots do.  Patriots are a bunch of free agents and mid level draft picks.  Don't see them having a hard time moving the ball.  Ok, so skill positions.  Overall, I don't think the Patriots have better overall talent at receivers and tight ends than we do.  But the Patriots have no problem finding guys wide open;   Frank Gore, I believe, is a better RB than what the Patriots have.     Yet, the Patriots run when they need to.    Is there anyone that doubts that if the Colt offense was run by Belichick with the 2 second drop, cross routes, picks, and drump offs out of the backfield that they Colts would be successful??  And I know Andrew Luck isn't Tom Brady right now.  But most NFL Qbs can hit wide open receivers on short routes.

This is not a talent issue.  I think it is all about Pep Hamilton and Manusky just not being top coaches..   If you look around the NFL, few teams have a good oline.  They usually a couple offensive weapons.

I think if Pagano has any say, Hamilton should be replaced tomorrow tih Chud.  Otherwise, Pagano is doomed.

What is "Chud's" philosophy and what makes you think he is the answer? He may be the upcoming interim coach at some position, but isn't he really here as Pagano's buddy? Shouldn't he be sharing his abilities to help the team already? Has he been holding the good stuff back? I doubt it.  

Look at the Panthers

Newton & Olsen are all they have and their offense is better than ours

Jags, Dolphins, Texans, & a few others have less than our offense but they do better than us

I'm just waiting for the offseason. Whatever happens this season happens, but I'm waiting on the offseason

At this rate looks like there will be a complete overhaul. I really Like Pagano. Like him as a man, as a person and have no doubt the guys play hard for him. Maybe he just isn't a very good head coach? Ultimately he has to take the blame since he's the head coach. He is in charge of Pep, the D and everything else.

Something has to be done with this team. And I think it starts with Pep Hamilton.  I am tired of the excusing being the talent level or offensive line.  I think in order to judge the Colts talent, you have to compare to other teams.  Ok, so offensive line.  We don't have any less talent on our oLine than the Patriots do.  Patriots are a bunch of free agents and mid level draft picks.  Don't see them having a hard time moving the ball.  Ok, so skill positions.  Overall, I don't think the Patriots have better overall talent at receivers and tight ends than we do.  But the Patriots have no problem finding guys wide open;   Frank Gore, I believe, is a better RB than what the Patriots have.     Yet, the Patriots run when they need to.    Is there anyone that doubts that if the Colt offense was run by Belichick with the 2 second drop, cross routes, picks, and drump offs out of the backfield that they Colts would be successful??  And I know Andrew Luck isn't Tom Brady right now.  But most NFL Qbs can hit wide open receivers on short routes.

This is not a talent issue.  I think it is all about Pep Hamilton and Manusky just not being top coaches..   If you look around the NFL, few teams have a good oline.  They usually a couple offensive weapons.

I think if Pagano has any say, Hamilton should be replaced tomorrow tih Chud.  Otherwise, Pagano is doomed.

We have a LOT less talent on the OL than the Patriots do.

The Patriots have a LOT more talent everywhere than the Colts do.

It's not even close.

It's not even close.

What? lol who do they have. Their receivers aren't close to ours and while they have a TE like no other our TE Corp as a whole is very talented. Our d line is probably more talented or close to the same. Their LB are better but our defensive backfield is better. The difference is coaching.

pep needs to go Monday, and chuck likely after the season barring a miracle playoff run, I know the season is not over yet and I might be over exaggerating a bit due to frustration, but after that performance im looking forward to a good draft pick and a complete overhaul in the offseason

It's not even close.

Really?  So Patriots 3rd LT is better than Castanzo?  The rookies they have are better the Mewhart?  I disagree with you 100%.   The Colts offense is so predictable.  Run press man, blitz an inside linebacker and the Colts are usually toast.  Because you know they will rarely screen.  You underestimate the value of a QB who gets the ball out fast.  If Brady held the ball as long as Luck does, he would get killed.   You remember when Peyton was here, we would line up Tony Ugoh at left tackle and Peyton will still rarely get sacked.    Luck holds the ball too long and Pep calls a terrible game.  When Hasselback played, he would rately get touched with the same line.

Completely agree

What? lol who do they have. Their receivers aren't close to ours and while they have a TE like no other our TE Corp as a whole is very talented. Our d line is probably more talented or close to the same. Their LB are better but our defensive backfield is better. The difference is coaching.

They have LT Nate Solder 1st R draft pick.

They have RT Sebastian Vollmer 2nd R draft pick.

And they have a boat load of 3's 4's and 5' in the interior that all perform at a very high level.    And they're very well coached.

They get a lot of bang for their buck.

Really?  So Patriots 3rd LT is better than Castanzo?  The rookies they have are better the Mewhart?  I disagree with you 100%.   The Colts offense is so predictable.  Run press man, blitz an inside linebacker and the Colts are usually toast.  Because you know they will rarely screen.  You underestimate the value of a QB who gets the ball out fast.  If Brady held the ball as long as Luck does, he would get killed.   You remember when Peyton was here, we would line up Tony Ugoh at left tackle and Peyton will still rarely get sacked.    Luck holds the ball too long and Pep calls a terrible game.  When Hasselback played, he would rately get touched with the same line.

You don't have to explain to me the problems with the Colts offense.

I called for Pep to be fired after the NY Jets game.     That was week 2.

I'm just saying the Pats have much more talent on their OL than most here even knows...

And they have a boat load of 3's 4's and 5' in the interior that all perform at a very high level. And they're very well coached.

I'm about to tell you something that is severely ignored here and no one believes.

Lucks oline has a ton of talent.

They are not well coached but they are indeed very talented. Castonzo and Mewhort have pro bowl level talent. Holmes has borderline pro bow athleticism and so does Thornton. We have tons of talent on the oline. They are asked to do some of the weirdest blocking schemes though that I have ever seen. That was dieing down early in the year but we are going right back to it.

I'm about to tell you something that is severely ignored here and no one believes.

Lucks oline has a ton of talent.

They are not well coached but they are indeed very talented. Castonzo and Mewhort have pro bowl level talent. Holmes has borderline pro bow athleticism and so does Thornton. We have tons of talent on the oline. They are asked to do some of the weirdest blocking schemes though that I have ever seen. That was dieing down early in the year but we are going right back to it.

First,  I hope you're right.

But, I'm not sure any of that has been clearly demonstrated.    And Holmes got yanked at halftime.    I don't know if it was due to performance or injury,  but I suspect it was performance.     Harrison was the center in the 2nd half.

I like both Mewhort and Thornton,  but our line has tremendous trouble pass blocking, especially up the middle.    Hard to say we have that much talent when they've had so much trouble.

You may turn out to be right.    But right now,  we're not seeing it on the playing field.

But I appreciate your post.......

First, I hope you're right.

But, I'm not sure any of that has been clearly demonstrated. And Holmes got yanked at halftime. I don't know if it was due to performance or injury, but I suspect it was performance. Harrison was the center in the 2nd half.

I like both Mewhort and Thornton, but our line has tremendous trouble pass blocking, especially up the middle. Hard to say we have that much talent when they've had so much trouble.

You may turn out to be right. But right now, we're not seeing it on the playing field.

But I appreciate your post.......

Thanks :-) better than being called skip Bayless and the usual I've gotten the past 2 weeks lol.

But I have also explained why they are showing that way. Some of these pulls and shifts and leaving olineman with no one to block is just frustrating to watch.

Throw out the two long TD passes to Hilton where the DB fell down and offensively we did NOTHING1  I know the loss is being blamed on the turnovers.  But it is not like we were going up and down the field besides that.  Had Luck not thrown the first pick, it likely would have been a punt anyways.

What did they say, like in 36 games we have scored ONCE on the opening drive.  ONCE!!  That is pathetic.

Except Solder is out for the season.  Cannon is hurt.  And they have two rookies at Center and Guard.  And they go up and down the field.

And they have a boat load of 3's 4's and 5' in the interior that all perform at a very high level.    And they're very well coached.