Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm starting to believe that only the Denver Broncos can stop the Patriots from AFC supremacy

coltkingABC

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ps: I think DAL would have had a decent a chance if Romo were playing. They still might put up a fight with the backup, but unlikely.

I agree. Romo never gets enough credit IMO for how good he is. The Cowboys really don't have much of a chance in general without him unless they play a horrible team. Although Weeden is not a bad back up at all. He can make all the throws, has good accuracy. They are fortunate to have him right now.

I enjoy all your posts 2006Coltsbestever and the back and forth. We expect that you would be rooting for your team to win as are we. Please continue to post your thoughts on the game and the conference.

Thanks. I try to keep it real as much as I can and I am just as much wrong as I am right with my predictions. In the Luck era the Colts haven't shown they can beat the Pats yet. So the chances are the Colts probably lose that one. I hope I am wrong. Regarding the Pats/Broncos game, Peyton although struggling a bit this season has always played the Pats well when he's been at home. 3-3 but 2 of his losses were really close. 2 of his wins were in AFCCG's. I really like the Broncos Defense and they have always been tough to beat period in MileHigh with Peyton at QB. The season will start to get interesting now. After about 5 games or so you sort of get the feel who's Good or Bad. I would say right now the Colts are better than Average but have a lot to correct on Offense and Defense. The Colts had to win 3 in a row after starting 0-2 especially with the way their schedule is coming up and they did.

Funny how I never said that.

You should read all my posts before making biased statements.

I have said Brady and his offense looks like mid season form and its going to be hard to stop them in a few of my posts. Having said that, Patriots as a whole are not unbeatable. They have glaring weakness in their defense. You don't replace Darelle Revis, Browner and Wilfork overnight.

Thanks. I try to keep it real as much as I can and I am just as much wrong as I am right with my predictions. In the Luck era the Colts haven't shown they can beat the Pats yet. So the chances are the Colts probably lose that one. I hope I am wrong. Regarding the Pats/Broncos game, Peyton although struggling a bit this season has always played the Pats well when he's been at home. 3-3 but 2 of his losses were really close. 2 of his wins were in AFCCG's. I really like the Broncos Defense and they have always been tough to beat period in MileHigh with Peyton at QB. The season will start to get interesting now. After about 5 games or so you sort of get the feel who's Good or Bad. I would say right now the Colts are better than Average but have a lot to correct on Offense and Defense. The Colts had to win 3 in a row after starting 0-2 especially with the way their schedule is coming up and they did.

We are all wrong a lot with our predictions. :)

You are right. The Colts had to win those division games and they did. The next 4 games vs the Pats, Saints, Panthers and Broncos will give you a better indication of where the team is at and where it is heading IMO. That being said, even if you lose most of those games, you still win the division unless maybe Tenn goes on a roll. They seem like they only decent team as the Jags and Texans (sorry Qwiz) are awful.

The Patriots could still go 3-13, though unlikely. No game is a given. Dallas is a good team and they are playing at home.

I don't know that I want the Pats to go undefeated. That's a lot of added pressure.

Just a thought: If Brady hadn't taken the NFL to court, he would be sitting today while Greg Hardy is playing.

In ten or less days and counting. At Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis Indiana The New England Patriots are going to walk on the field thinking they've already won, that this should be an easy 'W.' But that will be our team's mindset as well. (Perhaps not the "easy" part)

This time around, they will not walk all over us. It's time we expose who we are as a team..as a supportive fanbase..We do not presume the role of a whipped puppy already in submission. No! While some will have their doubts and rightfully so as they are entitled, those doubts must be set aside come the day of reckoning.

The Patriots will suffer their first loss of the season against our Colts. If you think/feel otherwise than my friends..*lightly rests hand on shoulder for dramatic effect*..you have already been defeated.

I'm not conceding a loss, by no means.  But by the same token, there is no reason to feel we'll get overlooked and easily snatch a win from a team that has a coach that game plans and prepares his team better than any other HC in the game.  BB will not allow them to get complacent.  He will sort out the duties of every players in the scheme, them expect them to execute it.

on another level, Tom Brady has played with a chip on his shoulder his whole career.  He was chosen in round 6 at #199.  Chad Pennington, Giovanni Carmazzi, Chris Redmond, Tee Martin (the dude that got Tenn their national championship after Peyton left), Marc Bulger, and Spergon Wynn were all taken before Tom Brady.  The 49'ers taking Carmazzi had to hurt the worst (Brady was a bay area kid that liked the 49er's).  Where are those guys now?  Only Pennington, and Bulger had decent or solid careers.  Redmond was decent as a backup.  Carmazzi could also be one of the biggest QB draft busts in history.  Brady is still playing at upper echelon level (after the media chewed him up and spit him out early last year).

Now Brady spent all off season in appeal hearings and Federal court trying to clear his name.  The team that created the circumstances for that?  The Indianapolis Colts.  Now tell me, a QB that out worked everyone else because he was pick #199 in the 2000 draft and became one of, if not the, best to play QB in the NFL won't be motivated to play his best game against the team perceived to create the whole Deflategate fiasco?  This game was marked on Brady's calendar long ago.  This is not a trap game for Brady and the Patriots. We will get Brady's, Belichick's, and the Patriots best effort.  We will need every Colt players to up their game in execution so we can compete.  I hope we do.

I'm not conceding a loss, by no means.  But by the same token, there is no reason to feel we'll get overlooked and easily snatch a win from a team that has a coach that game plans and prepares his team better than any other HC in the game.  BB will not allow them to get complacent.  He will sort out the duties of every players in the scheme, them expect them to execute it.

on another level, Tom Brady has played with a chip on his shoulder his whole career.  He was chosen in round 6 at #199.  Chad Pennington, Giovanni Carmazzi, Chris Redmond, Tee Martin (the dude that got Tenn their national championship after Peyton left), Marc Bulger, and Spergon Wynn were all taken before Tom Brady.  The 49'ers taking Carmazzi had to hurt the worst (Brady was a bay area kid that liked the 48er's).  Where are those guys now?  Only Pennington, and Bulger had decent or solid careers.  Redmond was decent as a backup.  Carmazzi could be one of the biggest QB draft busts in history.  Brady is still playing at upper echelon level (after the media chewed him up and spit him out early last year).

Now Brady spent all off season in appeal hearings and Federal court trying to clear his name.  The team that created the circumstances for that?  The Indianapolis Colts.  Now tell me, a QB that out worked everyone else because he was pick #199 in the 2000 draft and became one of, if not the, best to play QB in the NFL won't be motivated to play his best game against the team perceived to create the whole Deflategate fiasco?  This game was marked on Brady's calendar long ago.  This is not a trap game for Brady and the Patriots. We will get Brady's, Belichick's, and the Patriots best effort.  We will need every Colt players to up their game in execution so we can compete.  I hope we do.

Maybe but I'm not sure of that. He had the general chip for the 199th pick agreed.  But a chip for one game? Not sure about that. I think he just wants to win like any other game.  You usually don't play well if revenge is the motive.

You should read all my posts before making biased statements.

I have said Brady and his offense looks like mid season form and its going to be hard to stop them in a few of my posts. Having said that, Patriots as a whole are not unbeatable. They have glaring weakness in their defense. You don't replace Darelle Revis, Browner and Wilfork overnight.

LOL my posts are biased? Okay man keep flip flopping. I can't wait till the Patriots play one of those " real teams" you mentioned so those oh so glaring weaknesses can be exploited.

LOL my posts are biased? Okay man keep flip flopping. I can't wait till the Patriots play one of those " real teams" you mentioned so those oh so glaring weaknesses can be exploited.

Stop making it worse. Read my posts and comeback.

Yes, we will wait and see those games.

You said the Broncos defense can stop these guys I will buy that the only thing I disagree with is the broncos offense has to be able to put points up.

In ten or less days and counting. At Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis Indiana The New England Patriots are going to walk on the field thinking they've already won, that this should be an easy 'W.' But that will be our team's mindset as well. (Perhaps not the "easy" part)

This time around, they will not walk all over us. It's time we expose who we are as a team..as a supportive fanbase..We do not presume the role of a whipped puppy already in submission. No! While some will have their doubts and rightfully so as they are entitled, those doubts must be set aside come the day of reckoning.

The Patriots will suffer their first loss of the season against our Colts. If you think/feel otherwise than my friends..*lightly rests hand on shoulder for dramatic effect*..you have already been defeated.

With me it's just the unknown. Will Andrew play? Will our Secondary be healthy?, etc.. If we bring our A game sure we could beat the Pats. At the beginning of the season I even predicted this would be the season we finally beat them but then we started slow and Andrew gets injured on top of it. Thankfully for us Hass has played well and our run Defense of all things has been good. One thing we have done in the Luck/Pagano era is win the games we are suppose too anyway. As in we have always beaten the teams that are Average to Bad which will usually get you in the Playoffs. Beating the Patriots would be a season changer, the type of win that could propel the Colts into a long winning streak which if we beat them the streak would already be at 4. Despite our Division being weak, winning 16 straight games against Division opponents is still a heck of an accomplishment (it's an NFL record). It's a record that the Pats don't even have and the AFC East has been weak quite a bit over the years as well.

You said the Broncos defense can stop these guys I will buy that the only thing I disagree with is the broncos offense has to be able to put points up.

Yeah, Denver has gotten lucky in a few of their games this year. I do believe they are the best challengers to the patriots in the AFC though. Does that mean they will? We'll see.

I told you to read my previous posts. Stop nitpicking and make half judgements. Do you want to argue for the sake of it? Are you bored?.

The post I quoted has nothing to do with any previous posts you made. I pointed out that post's flaws, that's all, and did it in a constructive, non argumentative way. You're the one who had to blow things out of proportion. If you gave the Patriots props before, kudos to you.

Yeah, another Brady vs Peyton thread, which I am sure this will derail into :).

I don't think we can do another Peyton vs Brady thread. We would get ripped to shreds on that one. What I see is a 39.5 year old QB that has pretty much nothing left. Those passes flutter and hang forever. He can still throw to the right receiver and manage a game but physically he is cooked.

I have almost no fear of Denver after today. The Cowboys Dline was all over Brady and he still hung 30 on them going 20 for 27. He has historically owned Phillips as well. Unless something drastic happens and the Denver offense starts to put up points, the AFC is coming down to the Pats and Cincy most likely.

Pats look like the team to beat but they do play Denver in MileHigh and Denver's Defense has played out of its mind so far. If Denver can get HFA they will be very tough to beat. I honestly think there is no way Peyton can keep playing this bad. Sooner or later he will get in a groove. He still had 266 Yards passing today but 2 Picks and no TD's. That last pick by Woodson was just an incredible play though, had Woodson not leaped and grabbed that it would've been a TD because nobody was behind Thomas on the sideline. He would've been gone.

Please stop treating the Pats like they are some unbeatable team. They are playing very well, but they could surely be beat. It takes a team that isn't afraid of the success they've had, and a team that is confident in their own abilities to take it to the Pats.

Does it make it tougher that the Pats have undoubtedly the best coaching staff? Yes. But player wise they aren't even top 5 in talent so a team wanting to beat them needs to not beat themselves with turnovers, and control the clock keeping Brady on the sideline.

If the Colts can get back to playing press coverage with Davis, Toler, and Butler, they have a good shot at beating the Pats. I think their run defense is much improved from last year with the additions of Parry and Anderson. Also Pep needs to continue this quick passing game that's he's incorporated with Hasselbeck when Luck is back, and that will most definitely cut down on turnovers.

Cincy were very impressive today, to come back down 17 against that D? That's always been the knock on Dalton, he can't do it in big moments, maybe that's changed. I think currently it's between them and the Cardinals for the best all round roster depth. 

However as everyone else says, until they break the voodoo curse and win a playoff game people won't take them completely seriously. Can you imagine if they go 14-2/14-3 get a bye and then still lose in their first postseason game. 

The post I quoted has nothing to do with any previous posts you made. I pointed out that post's flaws, that's all, and did it in a constructive, non argumentative way. You're the one who had to blow things out of proportion. If you gave the Patriots props before, kudos to you.

I stand by what I quoted. You can call it flaw. I am not blowing, its you who quoted my post.

On a side note, I am disappointed with Texans defense. Watt is my favorite player and I feel for him.

Cincy were very impressive today, to come back down 17 against that D? That's always been the knock on Dalton, he can't do it in big moments, maybe that's changed. I think currently it's between them and the Cardinals for the best all round roster depth. 

However as everyone else says, until they break the voodoo curse and win a playoff game people won't take them completely seriously. Can you imagine if they go 14-2/14-3 get a bye and then still lose in their first postseason game. 

That was my feeling too. That is a game they typically lose. Down big against a tough opponent. Dalton played great. That will give them confidence come January. They have a great chance this year of getting a bye. They play Denver so that could be the swing game for them to get it.

I am really not sure why the Pats fans are so confident they can win in Mile High. Denver will win that game and I would bet any of them. Peyton beat them by 10 in the AFC Title Game just a little over a year ago. I would actually be surprised if Denver lost that game and I am not even being biased toward Peyton.

I think this game will play out a lot like yesterday (for both teams).  Stout Denver defense withers as the game progresses while Manning and the offense put up a couple FGs.  I suspect Manning will look pretty old by the end of November and we all know what happens to Belichick's teams in the second half of the season.

In the mean time, it's on to Indy.

Pitt is the team I fear the least if they should make it in. The Pats and Brady have literally owned them since 2001. Bell would not have made a difference in Foxboro as the Pitt D could not even get lined up. Had that game been played later and the Pats O was even more sync they would have put 50 on the Steelers.

You do not watch games.........and your hubris is worse

I think the Broncos need to figure out their running game to have a better chance, but the Defense certainly is playing lights-out. There are many on the forum that will say they haven't really been tested (the Defense), but they are number one right now (or at least near number one). As Colts fans, over the years, we always heard Defense wins championships. The Defense is already formidable, if they find some rhythm on the Offense, they will be a contender for sure.