Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm starting to believe that only the Denver Broncos can stop the Patriots from AFC supremacy

coltkingABC

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah not really, nothing compares to "I bleed red and blue I'm a die hard texans fan, but I'm also a loyal Denver and patriots fan" lmao

He never said that he said he liked them as well, but the Texans were his favorite team! Nothing wrong with that at all. ( I still think the Texans and Dallas should be in the same division talk about a missed opportunity for a rivalry!)

"Fan of the Patriots" is not saying "diehard loyal Patriots fan." I can like other teams while having my own favorite team that I'm completely loyal too. But you know that. You and jvan both seem to suffer from the same kind of ignorance when it comes to common sports practices.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda, yeah, I know.  I think the Colts could have beaten the Patriots a couple of weeks ago.  A couple of stupid calls kept them from it.

I think Indy has the talent on the team to beat Denver but I don't think it's likely yet.   If it weren't for the Wade Philips (who I wanted to replace Manusky in the offseason last year) defense, Denver would likely be 4-4.

If both NE and Cincy go 16-0, Cincy will get HFA based on tougher schedule?.

We do know till the end of the season.   It will come down to the 4th tiebreaker. 

Here are the 4th and 5th tiebreakers and they will be the same as the both would win all of their games (the same results only happen with 16-0 teams):

4) Strength of victory - which is the win/loss % of the teams you beat

5) Strength of schedule - which is the win/loss % of all the teams you play.

So if they both go 16-0 it comes down to the win/loss % of the teams they beat respectively.   As they won all of their respective games it would actually be the same as tiebreaker #5 as it would include all of their opponents as they beat all of them.   This is the only time these two tiebreakers would be the same result.  Normally one has two 11-5 teams and one just looks at the win/loss percentage of the 11 opponents each team beat, if tied then we go to TB#5 and see what happens.

Regardless the tiebreakers are based on this year results and at the end of season records, so it does not matter what the opponents did in 2014, or for that matter where the opponents are presently standing.  

TB#6 deals with points and we go on from there if they are still tied.

I know I've been doubtful and tough on the Bengals, but yes, it is clear that they are the only ones who pose a threat to New England in the AFC. Their playoff performance is yet to be determined of course, but they are tearing through teams this season.

I know I've been doubtful and tough on the Bengals, but yes, it is clear that they are the only ones who pose a threat to New England in the AFC. Their playoff performance is yet to be determined of course, but they are tearing through teams this season.

They should have lost to Pitt, Big Ben bow ties that victory for them.

• 3 weeks later...

I am really not sure why the Pats fans are so confident they can win in Mile High. Denver will win that game and I would bet any of them. Peyton beat them by 10 in the AFC Title Game just a little over a year ago. I would actually be surprised if Denver lost that game and I am not even being biased toward Peyton.

Please tell me who will win the Super Bowl. haha You seem to be right in all your predictions.

Please tell me who will win the Super Bowl. haha You seem to be right in all your predictions.

Thanks for the compliment NFL but I have had my share of wrong picks too. I had the Broncos vs Packers at the beginning of the season with Broncos winning but with Peyton's status up in the air and the Packers struggling I may be wrong on both of those. I do still like the Broncos pick a lot though, especially after last night. I usually pick the Colts every week so the last 3 weeks have been kind to me there too.