Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cause for concern?

CR91

I sleep in my luck jersey the night before the game  haha

I'm wearing my Luck-jersey and Colts hat during the game. Last season I wasn't home during the first half of Redskins game. I've arrived home for the 2nd and put on my stuff. We won the game in the 2nd half, so wearing jersey and hat is a superstition for me since then. And Guinness in the fridge of course!

Unless the league comes out with an announcement between now and kickoff tomorrow stating that for this season only they are going to go to a 1 game season which obviously wont happen then I don't really see any logic in being concerned over going 0-1

I'm not getting good vibes about the game tomorrow either.  Wouldn't surprise me to see the Colts lose.  For all of our talent and success, this team has proven to be inconsistent at times. Don't ever really know which Colts team will show up from week to week.  If we win tomorrow...I will consider it pretty impressive considering that it is a road opener against a pretty tough defensive team.

Unless the league comes out with an announcement between now and kickoff tomorrow stating that for this season only they are going to go to a 1 game season which obviously wont happen then I don't really see any logic in being concerned over going 0-1

going 0-1 puts us behind the pats right out of the gates. do you really wanna go to foxboro in january again

going 0-1 puts us behind the pats right out of the gates. do you really wanna go to foxboro in january again

Are you implying that going 0-1 means we're not getting HF advantage in the playoffs? Theres still gonna be 15 games to play. Lots can change. The Eagles were 9-3 last season and everyone thought they were a lock for the post season and look what happened. 

I'd love for the Colts to leave that stadium with Pats fans mouths gaping wide open and the sound of a pin drop being heard as they stood in silence out of the shock of the Colts knocking them out of the playoffs on their own grass......and if we execute that can happen if it has to

Are you implying that going 0-1 means we're not getting HF advantage in the playoffs? Theres still gonna be 15 games to play. Lots can change. The Eagles were 9-3 last season and everyone thought they were a lock for the post season and look what happened. 

factor in we start 0-1 and how its a similar opponent the pats face also how the pats already beat a team we play down the road,

No, not a concern at all.

What could be a concern is Rex Ryan's record in opening games: 5-1. This is relevant because it means he prepares his teams well for the start of the season, even when his team stunk. But even that isn't really a "concern," since you expect any good team to be well-prepared. You just prepare better.

Once the foot of the K touches that ball at 15:00, none of this matters.

I'd love for the Colts to leave that stadium with Pats fans mouths gaping wide open and the sound of a pin drop being heard as they stood in silence out of the shock of the Colts knocking them out of the playoffs on their own grass......and if we execute that can happen if it has to

i would love that, unfortunately we havent beaten the pats in foxboro since 06

I would like that to but the colts seem to be scared of the pats.  The ravens play them tough even on years when their team sucks.

the ravens just have pure hatred for the pats which imo gives them extra incentive to play them tough. I dont think we do.

I'm wearing my Luck-jersey and Colts hat during the game. Last season I wasn't home during the first half of Redskins game. I've arrived home for the 2nd and put on my stuff. We won the game in the 2nd half, so wearing jersey and hat is a superstition for me since then. And Guinness in the fridge of course!

Right on HCF, we need all the good luck mojo we can get. Have your Colts hat, Luck jersey, & cold bottle of Guinness at the ready brother! I've got a good feeling about this season starting tomorrow. Chalk it up to  intuition if nothing else. Repetition= Tradition & Tradition= Destiny. 

we havent won a road season opener in almost a decade. 2010 lost to the texans, 2011 lost to the texans 2012 lost to the bears 2014 lost to the broncos. we're also 4-5 since 06 in season openers overall 

2010 to 2015 does not make  a Decade.   

Relax.  We got this one tomorrow.

I was at that game... it was won pretty much from the start... we dominated them.  But Colts gear is for gameday, so go for it!

factor in we start 0-1 and how its a similar opponent the pats face also how the pats already beat a team we play down the road,

That is true. And I agree to an extent, but this season I really only see one game that can decide home field advantage come playoff time, and that's week 6 vs the Pats. Even then, anything in can happen in the other ten games after. Upsets and what not. But yeah, as far as the battle for home field, every game DOES matter.

i would love that, unfortunately we havent beaten the pats in foxboro since 06

From what I seen the Steelers put up a ton of yards on the patriots but couldn't get points on the board. Bad kicking and a bonehead call by the OC stalled the Steelers when they should have scored first. Our first game against the patriots is at home so maybe we can get some home cooking if it works out.

we havent won a road season opener in almost a decade. 2010 lost to the texans, 2011 lost to the texans 2012 lost to the bears 2014 lost to the broncos. we're also 4-5 since 06 in season openers overall

FWIW, no Bills head coach has won in the season opener in their first year with the club (0 for 17). It may be 0 for 18 after tomorrow.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2015/9/12/9315049/no-bills-coach-has-ever-won-season-opener-in-debut