Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kravitz: "growing Disconnect Between Ryan Grigson And Chuck Pagano"

Dustin

Our staff didn't necessarily do anything noteworthy to beat the Broncos, but their game plans were woefully uninspired on both sides of the ball.

I never said they did, but everything I said in how/why we beat Denver was straight facts. After the 1st qtr, we outscored them 24-6. That's a strangle hold like I said. 

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not think Irsay would pay the money the first two would demand and I doubt that he would consider anyone with a Patriot connection. Hiring another defense coordinator is most likely.

He has made few players the highest paid players at their position....what makes you think he would be cheap when hiring a coach? Or just throwing a out more garbage?

I tell you one thing, if the Colts season is not very good and either do not make the playoffs or lose in the first round, the only disconnect between the two will be who helps who pack up each other's house when  they both get fired.  This season is it for the both of them in my opinion. 

He has made few players the highest paid players at their position....what makes you think he would be cheap when hiring a coach? Or just throwing a out more garbage?

He has not made a habit of hiring name coaches. Dungy was an exception. I don't have any problem with what he has done, it has worked for the most part. I was just commenting that I don't think bringing in a big name college coach is an option for Irsay.

He has not made a habit of hiring name coaches. Dungy was an exception. I don't have any problem with what he has done, it has worked for the most part. I was just commenting that I don't think bringing in a big name college coach is an option for Irsay.

Huh???

Jim pretty much took over when Robert passed away. Since that time the coaches have been Mora, Dungy, Caldwell, & now Pagano, so no Dungy wasn't an exception....

Mora was a very well known commodity, & Caldwell was promoted from within...

If that is true, then my opinion of Grigson has dropped somewhat.

Meh Shipley was not nearly as good as many on the forum made him out to be, He missed on multiple line calls(Which can be known by looking at how the defense lines up and how the O Line shifts to cover the defense overloaded to one side. Many times if they don't its because either the Center just did not see it. Also he missed on some late blitzes.). Harrison does have the bigger upside as well(stronger and just as mobile.)He has snapping issues and it don't matter what the line call is if you cant snap the ball

I think Harrison should have continued to start and learn honestly, Growing pains would have been had and were being had but we all know Shipley is, A decent back up Center

Meh Shipley was not nearly as good as many on the forum made him out to be, He missed on multiple line calls(Which can be known by looking at how the defense lines up and how the O Line shifts to cover the defense overloaded to one side. Many times if they don't its because either the Center just did not see it. Also he missed on some late blitzes.). Harrison does have the bigger upside as well(stronger and just as mobile.)He has snapping issues and it don't matter what the line call is if you cant snap the ball

I think Harrison should have continued to start and learn honestly, Growing pains would have been had and were being had but we all know Shipley is, A decent back up Center

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I meant if Grigson is forcing depth chart changes in general...not specifically to the Shipley/Harrison situation.  

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I meant if Grigson is forcing depth chart changes in general...not specifically to the Shipley/Harrison situation.  

To me its a case by case basis, Example: If Samson Satele was still on the team and we have Holmes on the roster and lets say Grigson wants Holmes to start but Pagano likes Satele starting then Im siding the Grigson

To me its a case by case basis, Example: If Samson Satele was still on the team and we have Holmes on the roster and lets say Grigson wants Holmes to start but Pagano likes Satele starting then Im siding the Grigson

I understand your point but I don't think it is ever a good situation if your GM is micro managing your coaching staff like that. If Grigson feels the need to interject himself in coaching decisions such as this (on a regular basis) I think that is a bad sign. It means you have a GM who doesn't trust the coaching staff (which isn't good) or you have a coaching staff that can't be trusted. (not good either)

I realize there are situations (like the theoretical one you described) where you want Grigson to step in and overrule the coaching staff. I don't think the ends justify the means though.

With that said I don't know how much of this is true or to what extent. It is concerning though.

Edited by 21isSuperman