Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Starting Mlb

Knuckles79

Starting MLB  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who would be your choice as our starting MLB next year

• Pat Angerer
    • Gary Bracket

Pat's my vote. He's the ideal MLB. He's a great tackler and he's a big, strong guy.

In my opinion, Gary Brackett fits the weakside linebacker position better than most people in the NFL. He's a small quick great tackler who is very good in coverage. That's the ideal WLB.

They play about equal. I'd ditch Brackett. He's going to demand more money. Let Angerer have his shot. He has the "eye of the tiger" in him. I can tell. He will be a superb MLB one day.

i cant not see us keep brackett.

So you think we'll keep him then?

They play about equal. I'd ditch Brackett. He's going to demand more money. Let Angerer have his shot. He has the "eye of the tiger" in him. I can tell. He will be a superb MLB one day.

So you think we'll keep him then?

my bad.i cant see us keeping brackett

It all depends on how Brackett can do on the outside. Pat has shown he can be a decent WLB, but he is an excellent MLB. Gary has shown he is a solid MLB, but I'm not sure how he will do as a WLB. If Gary isn't a good WLB, we want to get the most value, the most bang for our buck, we would want to keep both guys on the field and leave Gary at MLB. If Gary is good at WLB, I would prefer Angerer at MLB because Angerer has played very well at that spot.

Angerer is the best linebacker this team has had since I can remember. Bringing Brackett back into the position is a huge step backwards. I am willing to be he would have no problem playing weak outside, which would be his ideal position. Brackett really never should have been a permanent solution at MLB, his work ethic and intelligence got him the job and a lack of better replacement kept it for him.

Pat's my vote. He's the ideal MLB. He's a great tackler and he's a big, strong guy.

In my opinion, Gary Brackett fits the weakside linebacker position better than most people in the NFL. He's a small quick great tackler who is very good in coverage. That's the ideal WLB.

I dont know about great tackler, bracket was never a fast LB his best skill was playing in zone coverage, hoping the colts dont play the zone much next year the colts dont need brackett

I'd much rather keep Pat than Gary. Pat has been fantastic this year at MLB and has earned his spot as a starter next season. I'd like to see the Colts try and trade Gary in the off season and see what we can get for him. A couple of draft picks would go nicely towards rebuilding the team for the future.

I didn't vote because I can't decide, but it doesn't sound like they'd save much money waiving Brackett. It would make more sense to find some way to use him.

What about what Polian said the other day when asked the question:

" It’s possible that you could move Pat (Angerer) to ‘Will,’ which is sort of the marquee position in the defense and put Gary back at middle linebacker. Pat played ‘Sam’ a year ago as a rookie. You don’t make quite as much of an impact at the ‘Sam’ position as you do at ‘Will.’"

Angerers strength has been getting to the ball and making tackles all over the field. Isn't that what the Will position is all about? Plays are funneled to that LB, and in the past this has resulted in some great statistical seasons by some ordinary LBs. So what happens if you put Angerer there? It also allows Brackett to play MB, and do that wierd "sprint back and play safety" thing 800 times a game. He's better at it than Angerer, and has always had a much bigger impact on the passing game than Angerer has this year. So maybe the question isn't which one you want to play in the middle, but who (out of Conner, Simms, and Wheeler) plays the Sam. Then there is Edds as well. You have to love the depth.

bracket is one inch shorter and the same weight as angerer! how can one be big and the other small? neither is big by any nfl standards.