Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Future of Caldwell and the Polians [Mega-merge]

1959Colts

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irsay's last tweet:

"I want 2 thank all ColtsFans..here,throughout the country n abroad,4ur tremendous,loyal support all year long. Ur feedback is heard n noted"

I wonder which of ours feedback had been heard. :-)

Us Manning/Luck co-existers...judging by all the comments on the subject coming out of the front office. :whatever:

They got rid of Coyer...alot of fans wanted that one. We will find out soon about Caldwell and for the love of horseshoes please get rid of Rylewski!

Hey the patriots cheated their way to 3 SB titles and no one cares....Maybe we could do the same.

He didn't cheat omg. Its not like he illegally recruited players like at USC or got caught video tapping like the patriots. All he did was turn a blind eye to his players selling memorabilia that he led them to get while he was coach there.

He didn't cheat omg. Its not like he illegally recruited players like at USC or got caught video tapping like the patriots. All he did was turn a blind eye to his players selling memorabilia that he led them to get while he was coach there.

Lighten up... all I'm saying is in the NFL cheaters win rings. lol

Maybe Irsay took the 3 men in the room (both Polians and Caldwell) and looked at Caldwell and said, did Polian give you the tools to succeed or did he micromanage you in every aspect? When Caldwell answers with, "he gave me all the doughnuts I wanted, is that what you mean Jim? No, I meant did he tell you who to play and how to play them? Oh that, well yeah but he told me from the get go this is how it will go, he is the vice prez, HC and darn near the owner but.... Ok Jim, Bill, Chris, get your stuff and submit your keys to the secretary at the front office tomorrow. Oh and take your puppet with you, I left a weeks supply of white powdered doughnuts at the desk when your keys are returned. Caldwell runs full sprint with keys in hand to the front office and is never seen again.

Maybe Irsay took the 3 men in the room (both Polians and Caldwell) and looked at Caldwell and said, did Polian give you the tools to succeed or did he micromanage you in every aspect? When Caldwell answers with, "he gave me all the doughnuts I wanted, is that what you mean Jim? No, I meant did he tell you who to play and how to play them? Oh that, well yeah but he told me from the get go this is how it will go, he is the vice prez, HC and darn near the owner but.... Ok Jim, Bill, Chris, get your stuff and submit your keys to the secretary at the front office tomorrow. Oh and take your puppet with you, I left a weeks supply of white powdered doughnuts at the desk when your keys are returned. Caldwell runs full sprint with keys in hand to the front office and is never seen again.

Normally these three men should have been taken in that room at half of the season. At least for making an emergency talk.

That's what people fail to realize with Tressel. HE WAS A GOOD COACH. and as far as him cheating, let me breakdown like this:

Let's say you and your son are out at Mcdonalds one night after his football practice. The manager of the Mcdonalds says "O HEY YOUR THAT GUY ON OHIO STATE THAT PLAYS FOOTBALL, MEALS ON ME TONIGHT GUYS!". You both get extremely excited and proceed to smash 6 big macs. BEEP BEEP you just broke the NCAA rules. Welcome to the Jim Tressel story.

This. Tressel didn't cheat or illegally recruit players by offering them pay. He just didn't squeal when they sold some stuff. That doesn't effect talent disparities.

He has an amazing track.record as a coach, and in recruiting. Ohio State had never been more dominant over rival Michigan than they were under the sweater vest.

I would also like to throw some poo against the wall to see if it sticks.

IndyTrav is reporting the Colts will Draft #1 overall next year as well.

#1???? You are on some serious crap, we will forgo the #1 pick and draft in our regular 28-32 spot just to make some sense out of this season :bag:

I'm guessing they wanted luck,but jim has other plans.They'll go before manning does. :clap: :shake::grouphug:

lol this has nothing to do with Luck, it has to do with the men responsible for us being 2-14 this season...the Polian's for putting this team together...and Caldwell for being its leader.

I doubt they even discuss the draft...that would be better served with whoever is left to make the decisions, closer to draft day

lol this has nothing to do with Luck, it has to do with the men responsible for us being 2-14 this season...the Polian's for putting this team together...and Caldwell for being its leader.

I doubt they even discuss the draft...that would be better served with whoever is left to make the decisions, closer to draft day

I beg to differ.I bet it has everything to do with the luck/manning situation.It went alittle something like this.....

Bill,who do you want?Luck for my son.

Chris,who do you want?Luck,because i want to hitch my wagon to luck,much like my daddy did manning.

Jim,who do you want?Luck,because he's younger.

Well boys,...you see...manning is my friend,so you're all FIRED!LOL

Word on twitter announcement coming soon. Indy star reporter tweets big front office changes coming whatever that means and Jeff fisher interested in two teams us being one of them. Garçon tweeted "black Monday :("

I would be happy to see the entire group erased and starting over with new personel. We need a new vision for this team and a new voice because the Polians have become too stale and become even more stubborn over time. If Polian does get the axe, it will have everything to do with a team assembled by Polian, a coaching staff chosen by Polian/s and a failure of the combination without PM. We already know that retaining Polian and firing Caldwell means a still limited field of candidates because people established do not want to work for him. With Polian, we get another manipulated puppet and Polian is/was better at picking draft picks but he added to his resume head coach behind the curtains. Start fresh!!

Heard on NFL Network today that Jim Caldwell's job is safe in Indy. So not going to believe anybody getting fired till i see it come from the organization.

Not true I'm watching nfl network they said it could be safe he wasn't in same situation as rams bucs and chargers

Word on twitter announcement coming soon. Indy star reporter tweets big front office changes coming whatever that means and Jeff fisher interested in two teams us being one of them. Garçon tweeted "black Monday :("

Maybe that is what the tweet "heavy lifting" meant. Taking out all the higher ups and replacing them with???? We know that Fisher would have no desire to come here if it meant Polian was telling him what he had to do, he has been there done that already.

At any point, what a scary offseason this will be, a new FO, coach and even possibly a new QB. You know that Fisher would love to work with PM and I would venture to say he would tweak the offense buthe wouldn't overhaul the entire thing. I think this team needs this more so than continuity. Heck, without Polian runing it, perhaps we can attract a FA or not overspend on just above average players. :)

I've been listening to NFL network the last hr. and they haven't said a word about any of this. Seems like it would be pretty big news if there was any truth to it. I hope its true but im becoming more and more skeptical as time goes on. After all Caldwell is supposed to have a news conference in 20 minutes and if that isn't cancelled he's not going anywhere.