Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Phillip Dorset's guesses his Madden rating...

ReMeDy

Can EA do anything right?  When you show the player reactions, it might be a good idea to show what their ratings are to the viewers.  I guess they're too busy coming up with pointless gimmicks for a low quality video game.  I really hope the NFL doesn't give them another exclusive deal.  2K has an excellent basketball game and I think they'd be able to make a much better football game than EA.

Can EA do anything right? When you show the player reactions, it might be a good idea to show what their ratings are to the viewers. I guess they're too busy coming up with pointless gimmicks for a low quality video game. I really hope the NFL doesn't give them another exclusive deal. 2K has an excellent basketball game and I think they'd be able to make a much better football game than EA.

2k made football games up until 2005 (until Madden got the exclusive rights). Their game was always very good. Although, Madden was also much better back then.

2k made football games up until 2005 (until Madden got the exclusive rights). Their game was always very good. Although, Madden was also much better back then.

Yeah, I remember seeing 2K games in stores, and I believe Marvin Harrison was even a cover athlete for one of the 2K football games.  But if they can make a football game that's anything like their basketball game, I'd love to see what they could do.  Exclusive rights are never a good thing for consumers, in my opinion

Yeah, I remember seeing 2K games in stores, and I believe Marvin Harrison was even a cover athlete for one of the 2K football games. But if they can make a football game that's anything like their basketball game, I'd love to see what they could do. Exclusive rights are never a good thing for consumers, in my opinion

I don't think Marvin was ever on the cover, though, Edge was on the NFL Primetime cover and Manning was on the NFL Fever cover a couple times.

As for the bolded, there's really no doubt about that. It's a legal monopoly.

I don't think Marvin was ever on the cover. Though, Edge was on NFL Primetime cover and Manning was on NFL Fever.

You're correct on both accounts.  I thought Marvin was on the cover at one point.  My mistake.

I really hope the NFL doesn't give them another exclusive deal.  2K has an excellent basketball game and I think they'd be able to make a much better football game than EA.

yeah its blatantly obvious that EA has gotten lazy the past couple of years.  we need some competition to keep madden interesting.

Can EA do anything right? When you show the player reactions, it might be a good idea to show what their ratings are to the viewers. I guess they're too busy coming up with pointless gimmicks for a low quality video game. I really hope the NFL doesn't give them another exclusive deal. 2K has an excellent basketball game and I think they'd be able to make a much better football game than EA.

They used to have the NFL 2k games for the SEGA Dreamcast, then other consoles, it was probably my favorite NFL game ever. They were much better than Madden IMO. They do need to bring them back. Does the exclusive deal expire soon??? I have no clue.

They used to have the NFL 2k games for the SEGA Dreamcast, then other consoles, it was probably my favorite NFL game ever. They were much better than Madden IMO. They do need to bring them back. Does the exclusive deal expire soon??? I have no clue.

Not sure. I want to say this is the last year, but that's just a guess

Madden is enough to satisfy my football gaming needs, but for the last few years, we've been playing the same game, just with minor tweaks and a roster update.

Truth

Yeah I had a Dreamcast. It was great. They had a feature where you could actually create/design your own plays from scratch. Shame we can't do that anymore.

Awesome. Just a month to go. I'm always at Wal-Mart to get it the day it comes out lol.

I'd honestly tell you to save your money for something more valuable like a Colts hoodie, gloves, or socks for the winter but you seem so excited for Madden so I'll let you be :sleepy:

Can EA do anything right?  When you show the player reactions, it might be a good idea to show what their ratings are to the viewers.  I guess they're too busy coming up with pointless gimmicks for a low quality video game.  I really hope the NFL doesn't give them another exclusive deal.  2K has an excellent basketball game and I think they'd be able to make a much better football game than EA.

It is EA and Madden so of course not.

I don't think Marvin was ever on the cover, though, Edge was on the NFL Primetime cover and Manning was on the NFL Fever cover a couple times.

2K's football game was not very good before, it was pretty clunky, that was why Madden got the exclusive rights (well that and EA had more money to give the NFL for the exclusivity).

And while the exclusive agreement is not good for video games, I feel compelled to point out that is no way is a monopoly.  A monopoly would be that the NFL has the rights, they produce the video games, they own the stores/online sites where the games and be bought and they own the trucking companies, etc that are involved in the distribution of the video games.

Real world examples of monopolies are:

Apple

Utilitiy companies

Federal Government

Most state governments.

2K's football game was not very good before, it was pretty clunky, that was why Madden got the exclusive rights (well that and EA had more money to give the NFL for the exclusivity).

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox/espn-nfl-2k5

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/madden-nfl-2005

They were both good games at the time. Since losing the competition, Madden has continuously % the bed.

And I know the exclusive rights agreement isn't literally a monopoly, thanks.