Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fox Chris Landry

ace_6900

I was listening to fox radio in Phoenix Arizona Chris Landry said the Colts would trade up to get Andrew Luck if they ended up getting the #2 pick. Isn't that the stupidest thing you ever heard. Please tell me Jim Irsay would not do something that dumb.

Wow that would be completely *ic to do. If they wanted him that bad they could always play Painter at QB the whole game and play the backups as well.

I strongly strongly strongly disagree with that choice. How does Landry know this?

he was speculating is my guess saying Irsay wants luck so badly it would not matter what he had to give up to give him. I heard that 2 days ago on fox sports radio and this morning on espn radio the local broadcast said the same thing about the colts trading back up to get him.

Let me get this straight, a radio host from Arizona knows that if we get the 2nd pick we will trade up one spot?! This guy is crazy and if I was Irsay, I would never do that. We would have to give up picks and players for one player who will sit on the bench for the next 5 years. Wow..

Edit: And he probably suggested the Colts should trade up. I highly doubt he knows the Colts organization well.

Let me get this straight, a radio host from Arizona knows that if we get the 2nd pick we will trade up one spot?! This guy is crazy and if I was Irsay, I would never do that. We would have to give up picks and players for one player who will sit on the bench for the next 5 years. Wow..

Edit: And he probably suggested the Colts should trade up. I highly doubt he knows the Colts organization well.

He knows even less than Mel, and if you go back and review some of his predictions, he's hardly ever right either.

I was listening to fox radio in Phoenix Arizona Chris Landry said the Colts would trade up to get Andrew Luck if they ended up getting the #2 pick. Isn't that the stupidest thing you ever heard. Please tell me Jim Irsay would not do something that dumb.

That would NEVER HAPPEN. Got to love these reporters!! ^chiz^ I can make up stories to.

Manning next 5 years, yeah right, perhaps pre-neck surgies. If Jim wans Luck that bad, maybe he'll trade up- What are we suposed to do at 2nd pick, get another OT or a DB, those positions can get later on-and the OT or CB are not going to do much differenec for the team unless the D changes away from that dreadful Tampa 2-

Manning next 5 years, yeah right, perhaps pre-neck surgies. If Jim wans Luck that bad, maybe he'll trade up- What are we suposed to do at 2nd pick, get another OT or a DB, those positions can get later on-and the OT or CB are not going to do much differenec for the team unless the D changes away from that dreadful Tampa 2-

If he wants him that bad then he tells Caldwell to take a dive. Why throw away extra draft picks for something you can get on your own. That would be like passing up the 300.00 Black Friday Laptop to pay 900 for it a week later.

Depends on what the price is and it would make sense. The Rams are almost going to be forced to trade the pick or not take Luck. Like Manning Bradford makes him just about untradeable and unlikes Manning he's still a younger QB.

So if the Colts really want Luck it's realistic to think they might make the trade to go up and get him. If the Colts really honestly think he's going to be as good as he is being advertised to be there would worse moves in the world made. It all depends on the cost. The second overall pick would have some value too and if there is a guy the Rams are in love with that is a top five pick they might very well be willing to deal for less than some of the rumors out there.

Depends on what the price is and it would make sense. The Rams are almost going to be forced to trade the pick or not take Luck. Like Manning Bradford makes him just about untradeable and unlikes Manning he's still a younger QB.

So if the Colts really want Luck it's realistic to think they might make the trade to go up and get him. If the Colts really honestly think he's going to be as good as he is being advertised to be there would worse moves in the world made. It all depends on the cost. The second overall pick would have some value too and if there is a guy the Rams are in love with that is a top five pick they might very well be willing to deal for less than some of the rumors out there.

I really don't think the Colts will trade for him if they have the #2 pick. Cleveland has 2 #1 picks and I don't think anyone up there thinks McCoy is their answer. Like you said, it depends on the cost and IMO it's too expensive.

I really don't think the Colts will trade for him if they have the #2 pick. Cleveland has 2 #1 picks and I don't think anyone up there thinks McCoy is their answer. Like you said, it depends on the cost and IMO it's too expensive.

could very well be right. Then Again if Irsay really wants Luck who knows what he will give up to get him. I would say this if the Colts offer a the first rounder this year, their frist rounder next year, and a second rounder or third rounder this year the Rams might listen to that and if Luck is as good as people think he's going to be it might very well be worth it

Let me get this straight, you know Manning is going to play uninterrupted for 5 more years?

Are you a radio host as well?

You should probably do some background on the guy before bashing. He was a former NFL scout and worked in the front office of the Titans. I would say he knows the game and the Colts pretty well.

could very well be right. Then Again if Irsay really wants Luck who knows what he will give up to get him. I would say this if the Colts offer a the first rounder this year, their frist rounder next year, and a second rounder or third rounder this year the Rams might listen to that and if Luck is as good as people think he's going to be it might very well be worth it

The asking price is going to be a heck of a lot higher then that. When you have teams like the Browns, Seahawks, and Redskins in the bidding war it will just push the asking price up even more. It would probably end up more like 2 1sts 2 2nds and a 3rd to move up to draft Luck.

We have an aging roster and we cannot afford to be throwing away multiple first and second round picks to just get a QB that might have to sit multiple years. We might as well just trade Manning to get back the multiple picks that we will have to give up to get Luck.

I would just have to laugh if we did trade given the fact all we had to do was just lose one freaking game and we would not have to give up multiple picks.

If he wants him that bad then he tells Caldwell to take a dive. Why throw away extra draft picks for something you can get on your own. That would be like passing up the 300.00 Black Friday Laptop to pay 900 for it a week later.

Whike I totally agree with you, the analogy....sigh....

It would be more like passing up the $300.00 Black Friday Laptop, while already paying $1000.00 per month for the laptop you currently have (which will still perform better than the new one we are window shopping), to pay $900.00 for it a week later. Only it wasn't just sitting there waiting to be had for cheaper, because someone would have to purposely skip work and risk being fired to actually get it for $300.00.

:-)

I honestly believe the Rams could take Luck and then see if Bradford is able to play and stay healthy next season, if he can and he plays like his rookie year, he can either be kept or traded and then the team can trade the other one left over to any team for next years #1 pick and other draft picks. The difference in our situation to do that is Manning can't be traded with his cap hit. Our only solution is to either take Luck and cut PM (only if he is damaged beyond NFL arm standards) or trade luck for picks and hope the right choice is made. The Rams are in a better position to take Luck and decide whether or not to keep or trade him after the pick because of Bradfords age and that he has shown he can sling the ball as a high calibur NFL can. The Rams need a set of receivers for whichever QB they have.

Next man up.... RG3

The asking price is going to be a heck of a lot higher then that. When you have teams like the Browns, Seahawks, and Redskins in the bidding war it will just push the asking price up even more. It would probably end up more like 2 1sts 2 2nds and a 3rd to move up to draft Luck.

We have an aging roster and we cannot afford to be throwing away multiple first and second round picks to just get a QB that might have to sit multiple years. We might as well just trade Manning to get back the multiple picks that we will have to give up to get Luck.

I would just have to laugh if we did trade given the fact all we had to do was just lose one freaking game and we would not have to give up multiple picks.

We'll see everyone is guessing right now, no one knows for sure. We'll see what the asking price is. Lots of things factor in like who do the Rams want in the draft (remember the 2nd overall pick is going to have value too) and do teams get scared off by the asking price. Maybe Luck's value slips a little bit with a bad camp, of course it could also go the other way if he has good workouts. Maybe someone else comes flying up the draft boards that the Rams would love to have. Lots of unknowns remain to be seen. Also unlike the Colts the Rams pretty much have to trade the pick or take someone other than Luck, that will drive down their asking price just a little bit because teams know they have to trade the pick because unlike the Colts they can't cut or trade their current QB without really hurting the franchise and they can't just let Luck sit on the bench till their current QB is done playing.

If it's too rich like people are guessing it's going to be then yes we might not do it. With that said if Irsay really wants the guy because he's seen how much a franchise QB means to this team who knows what he'll give up or make Polian give up to go get him.

who is Chris Landry and why were you listening to him?