Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who is the best defensive lineman in the NFL in your opinion?

RockThatBlue

Some consider Watt a DE, so I'll leave him out of this.  That removes the obvious answer.  It's a tough call.  Aaron Donald came in as a rookie and was immediately one of the best DTs in the league.  Sheldon Richardson has played really well.  The Bills duo of Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus are both really good.  But if you're looking for a 3-4 NT, I'd go with Dontari Poe.

Some consider Watt a DE, so I'll leave him out of this. That removes the obvious answer. It's a tough call. Aaron Donald came in as a rookie and was immediately one of the best DTs in the league. Sheldon Richardson has played really well. The Bills duo of Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus are both really good. But if you're looking for a 3-4 NT, I'd go with Dontari Poe.

Yeah I meant to say defensive lineman, I changed it lol. But anyways I agree with your choices.

Yeah, i'll pretend Watt is a TE. That being said, are we talking all-round DL? or pass rusher? Run stopper? Block eater? 4-3, or 3-4?  Let me assume you mean in general all-round. I may have to go with Ngata.  I love his motor, and he can do it all, eat blocks, tackle well, and penetrate to put pressure on the QB.

Some consider Watt a DE, so I'll leave him out of this.  That removes the obvious answer.  It's a tough call.  Aaron Donald came in as a rookie and was immediately one of the best DTs in the league.  Sheldon Richardson has played really well.  The Bills duo of Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus are both really good.  But if you're looking for a 3-4 NT, I'd go with Dontari Poe.

Donald has the potential to be great :).

You'd take Poe over Richardson and Dareus?  And Mccoy and Suh? That is quite interesting

Donald has the potential to be great :).

You'd take Poe over Richardson and Dareus?  And Mccoy and Suh? That is quite interesting

I know Suh is a monster, but I've heard Dareus has been inconsistent throughout his career.  McCoy is also a great player.  But for a 3-4 NT, I want a massive guy who takes up blockers and is hard to move.  Just my opinion

This will sound repetitive but its JJ Watt. But If we take him out then its Suh, with McCoy a close 2nd. Then there's a few others who would be in that next group.

Best 3-4 DE - JJ Watt

Best 3-4 NT - Dontari Poe

Best 4-3 DT - Ndamukong Suh

Suh is overrated imo. It's Watt and it will be Watt no matter how annoying is every time bumps the post to say that it's Watt.

As a few referenced earlier, the scheme has to do with how good or bad a DL *is perceieved* to be. The success of their offense plays a part to even though this year's top defensive lineman squashed that theory in a rare turn of events (Watt, Bills). Anyway because of that there are some guys who don't get the credit the deserve like Quinn and Dunlap.

Suh is overrated imo. It's Watt and it will be Watt no matter how annoying is every time bumps the post to say that it's Watt.

Agree that Suh is overrated. I am curious to see if he will continue to strive success in Miami, or if he will decline. I can't forget about Albert Haynesworth when he got paid in full to go to Washington. 

Agree that Suh is overrated. I am curious to see if he will continue to strive success in Miami, or if he will decline. I can't forget about Albert Haynesworth when he got paid in full to go to Washington.

I dont see the similarities between Suh and Fat Albert