Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kaepernick on the trade block?

That Guy

I hope either the Jets or Bills give up a boat load to get him ...

I think the Bills are a good QB away from winning that division.  There were some reports that Drew Brees would be traded there, but they were just speculation.  With a good QB, the Bills could be a top AFC team and a Super Bowl contender.

I think the Bills are a good QB away from winning that division.  There were some reports that Drew Brees would be traded there, but they were just speculation.  With a good QB, the Bills could be a top AFC team and a Super Bowl contender.

I don't disagree. I just don't think Kaep is that guy.

Kaep was good (I said good not HoF) until they tried to make a pocketpasser out of him, and even then he still got to 8-8. If last year ruined him then it's a shame because he could have been an all time great running quarterback. That and if last year didn't ruin him, this year will.

You know I read yesterday that Harbaugh once threw York out of a meeting because it was a men only meeting :D

Wherever he goes, I hope he fails miserably. If his Twitter conversations are any indication, he is dumb as bricks, like the time he said the deflated balls wouldn't have made a difference in the Colts vs. Patriots game anyways. No really!? YA THINK!?! You're completely missing the point, Kaep...

Totally agree with you on that, once they get a QB, they are going to be a dangerous team. 

This is complete nonsense, but I found the idea interesting.

http://columbus.suntimes.com/sf-sports/7/74/184507/colin-kaepernick-trade

Would Kaep be enough to make a team like the Texans or the Browns (who are both loaded except for the most important position) a Super Bowl favorite?

He'd make them a lot more dangerous. . . but I don't think Kap is that good to make these guys into champs.  

He's decent but he's overrated.  

I don't disagree. I just don't think Kaep is that guy.

I actually think that with the Bills D and the offensive weapons, that Kaep would be the guy that would help them take the Division.  Even if they go with EJ Manuel, i think the Bills go positive, solely because of the defense.  You get a QB like Kaep with experience in there, they could easily win 12 games on that schedule. 

May i remind you of Trent Dilfer...

I actually think that with the Bills D and the offensive weapons, that Kaep would be the guy that would help them take the Division.  Even if they go with EJ Manuel, i think the Bills go positive, solely because of the defense.  You get a QB like Kaep with experience in there, they could easily win 12 games on that schedule. 

May i remind you of Trent Dilfer...

I don't think Rex can develop QBs. I think Kaep would regress even further than he did last year.

I don't think Rex can develop QBs. I think Kaep would regress even further than he did last year.

A head coach doesn't develop a qb in most cases. The OC and QB coach do

Also Greg Roman has been Kaeps offensive coordinator his entire career. The bills make more sense than any other team.

A head coach doesn't develop a qb in most cases. The OC and QB coach do

Also Greg Roman has been Kaeps offensive coordinator his entire career. The bills make more sense than any other team.

HCs are involved in the process and some more than others as you say. But Rex is different in that he has already admitted that he does not concern himself with the offense at all hence why his offenses have struggled or been down right terrible. Like I said, a QB like Kaep that needs a lot of development would be better off away from a Rex team but I would be happy if they got him and gave up a boat load in the process.

HCs are involved in the process and some more than others as you say. But Rex is different in that he has already admitted that he does not concern himself with the offense at all hence why his offenses have struggled or been down right terrible. Like I said, a QB like Kaep that needs a lot of development would be better off away from a Rex team but I would be happy if they got him and gave up a boat load in the process.

The Jets' offenses during Rex's time there were terrible because of Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith and whoever else they've had playing at QB.  Not because Rex wasn't more involved with the offense. 

The Jets' offenses during Rex's time there were terrible because of Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith and whoever else they've had playing at QB.  Not because Rex wasn't more involved with the offense. 

That is true too which maybe speaks more to his inability to draft a good QB to begin with and then develop him. Of course right now he has Matt Cassell as his starter ... and Sanchez looked pretty good last year with Philly.

That is true too which maybe speaks more to his inability to draft a good QB to begin with

Yeah, that's the GM's job, not Rex's.

and then develop him.

And that's the job of the OC and QB coach, especially for teams with defensive-minded head coaches. 

Yeah, that's the GM's job, not Rex's.

And that's the job of the OC and QB coach, especially for teams with defensive-minded head coaches. 

HC has input on the QB. Rex was very vocal about his support of the Jets taking both Sanchez and Geno.

And a QBs development ultimately falls on the HC even if others are given power by him to develop the QB. If the QB does not progress it falls back on the HC.

HC has input on the QB. Rex was very vocal about his support of the Jets taking both Sanchez and Geno.

What the hell else would you expect him to say?  "Our GM is stupid cause Sanchez and Geno both suck.  Derp"

And a QBs development ultimately falls on the HC even if others are given power by him to develop the QB. If the QB does not progress it falls back on the HC.

Just like which QB is better is determined by superbowl rings.  Yeah, that's only in your mind.

What the hell else would you expect him to say?  "Our GM is stupid cause Sanchez and Geno both suck.  Derp"

Just like which QB is better is determined by superbowl rings.  Yeah, that's only in your mind.

I am not sure why you are so upset at me with this benign topic but I won't respond further. If you want to continue off-line feel free to PM me.

I am not sure why you are so upset at me with this benign topic but I won't respond further. If you want to continue off-line feel free to PM me.

Who says I'm upset?  I just think your perspective on this is wrong.  Teams don't hire first time defensive minded head coaches specifically to develop a QB.  They hire a defensive minded head coach to lead the team.   Do you think Bellichik was doing much QB development in Cleveland?  Dungy wasn't brought to Indy to continue developing Peyton.  If Peyton had not developed into the QB he is today, do you think people would have blamed Dungy?  If that's the case then they'd be wrong.  It was Arians (the QB coach at the time) and Tom Moore that worked with and helped Peyton develop.  Is Cowher credited with developing Big Ben?  Not that I've ever heard...it was Arians and now Haley.

Who says I'm upset?  I just think your perspective on this is wrong.  Teams don't hire first time defensive minded head coaches specifically to develop a QB.  They hire a defensive minded head coach to lead the team.   Do you think Bellichik was doing much QB development in Cleveland?  Dungy wasn't brought to Indy to continue developing Peyton.  If Peyton had not developed into the QB he is today, do you think people would have blamed Dungy?  If that's the case then they'd be wrong.  It was Arians (the QB coach at the time) and Tom Moore that worked with and helped Peyton develop.  Is Cowher credited with developing Big Ben?  Not that I've ever heard...it was Arians and now Haley.

Ok. We can disagree and not be snippy toward one another. I don't disagree with what you have posted here but Ryan has had more than one OC and yet his Qbs have not developed under him. Perhaps he has had bad OCs but in the end the buck stops with him if that position does not move forward. Either fire the OC or the QB coach or whatever has to be done but as HC he has to fix it. And you can't say like he did a couple of seasons ago that you have no involvement with the offense. As HC it is your job to manage the entire team especially if one unit is not performing well.

Ok. We can disagree and not be snippy toward one another.

Of course we can.

I don't disagree with what you have posted here but Ryan has had more than one OC and yet his Qbs have not developed under him. Perhaps he has had bad OCs but in the end the buck stops with him if that position does not move forward. Either fire the OC or the QB coach or whatever has to be done but as HC he has to fix it.

And I don't disagree with this.  However this is not what you said earlier.  You said he can't develop a QB.  It's not his job to develop the QB.  It IS his job to make sure the QB is developed properly though.  And, did he not fire his original OC and then hire a new one in Marty Mornhinweg?

And you can't say like he did a couple of seasons ago that you have no involvement with the offense.

He can say whatever he wants.  It's up to you how seriously to take him.  And I've always kind of gotten the impression that he can't be taken 100% seriously, and he probably says about 90% of what he does just to get a reaction from people.

As HC it is your job to manage the entire team especially if one unit is not performing well.

Of course it is.  And I'm sure he understands that better than anyone here.  However I'd think you'd already know that it's pretty common for defensive minded coaches to not be heavily involved in the offense and vice versa.  That's why inexperienced defensive-minded first-time head coaches tend to hire more experienced offensive coordinators and vice versa.  Probably why Rex hired OCs like Tony Sparano and Marty Mornhinweg. ;)

Of course we can.

And I don't disagree with this. However this is not what you said earlier. You said he can't develop a QB. It's not his job to develop the QB. It IS his job to make sure the QB is developed properly though. And, did he not fire his original OC and then hire a new one in Marty Mornhinweg?

He can say whatever he wants. It's up to you how seriously to take him. And I've always kind of gotten the impression that he can't be taken 100% seriously, and he probably says about 90% of what he does just to get a reaction from people.

Of course it is. And I'm sure he understands that better than anyone here. However I'd think you'd already know that it's pretty common for defensive minded coaches to not be heavily involved in the offense and vice versa. That's why inexperienced defensive-minded first-time head coaches tend to hire more experienced offensive coordinators and vice versa. Probably why Rex hired OCs like Tony Sparano and Marty Mornhinweg. ;)

Also why Pagano hired Arians