Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which draft pick do you think will contribute the most this year?

RockThatBlue

I'll go with Henry Anderson. Feel like his snaps will gradually increase through the year because of how good I think he'll be. But I expect dorsett to see quite a few snaps too but not sure he'll see the field as much as Anderson will on defense IMO.

Thank God a new thread lol. Slow couple days. This is a tough one IMO, because I think we'll have multiple rookies have a big impact. But I'm going to say Henry Anderson too. I think he's going to be an absolute beast. I also think Dorsett, Smith, and Geathers will all have a impact as well, but with the depth we have at CB and WR I think Anderson has the better chance to get a lot of snaps and maybe, possibly even win a starting spot. In fact I kind of expect him to be starting at some point considering Art Jones can play NT. I think we got something special with Anderson, and I think this is a pretty special draft class in general. I honestly think that the year after this one, we'll have 4 guys from this class starting. Smith, Anderson, Dorsett, and Geathers. And I think at least Robinson, Herrerra, and Celiscar will all be really good backups/rotational guys. Maybe even a few more than that depending on a few more of our UDFA class and Goode. But yeah. I'm pretty jacked about this draft. Cant wait til football season. Only what, 4 months?

I think Anderson will have the biggest impact out of the gate, and could be pushing for a major share of the playing time by playoff time. I think Smith will make some big contributions in the later stages of the season, but I don't expect him to do much at first

if he don't this forum will explode.

I don't know about exploding. I think most know it takes a receiver a little time to get use to the speed of the NFL. Receivers normally take a couple of years before they shine. I think at this point he is the #4 receiver so his numbers will show that. He may make a bigger impact on kick returns.

I'm going to go with D'joun Smith also....

He he can come out and play at a high level out secondary depth becomes huge. Our secondary sometime gets beat up and Butler isn't very good unless he is at nickel. If Smith can fill the gap on the outside or at the nickel our secondary will be much better off than in past seasons! I think he and Anderson are key to the defense this year. Letting Geathers and Parry get occasional work would also help!

I still don't expect Dorsett to have a big year at all and im not thinking Robinson is going to get his chance and if he does the offensive line won't give him one..... We will have to wait and see.

I think is gonna be Smith, this is why:

1.- Our Offense is gonna score a lot of points every game so we are gonna see a lot of teams fall behind and try to come back with nickel sets. (So Anderson is gonna take the D-L interior spot for passing situations).

2.- Toler isn't the healthiest guy on our team (although i hope he can be healthy for the whole season).

3.- This guy can TACKLE!!

I think Dorsett is gonna be a special player alongside with T.Y., what do you think about having Desean Jackson and T.Y.?, well we might have a very similar tandem with Dorsett and T.Y.(With out the off-field issues) but i could take time.

I don't know about exploding. I think most know it takes a receiver a little time to get use to the speed of the NFL. Receivers normally take a couple of years before they shine. I think at this point he is the #4 receiver so his numbers will show that. He may make a bigger impact on kick returns.

Not only is he buried in the depth chart at the 4th spot, but Luck and TY were brought in at the same time. They developed together and built that chemistry together from day 1.

Dorsett is coming into a situation where Andrew already has that chemistry with TY (and Moncrief) and of course AJ is gonna be on the field a lot too. Expecting Dorsett to put up TY rookie numbers would be very unfair.

I'll go with Henry Anderson. Feel like his snaps will gradually increase through the year because of how good I think he'll be. But I expect dorsett to see quite a few snaps too but not sure he'll see the field as much as Anderson will on defense IMO.

I would agree, we're pretty thin on the DL as it is.  So he should have no problem seeing alot of snaps.  

Would love to see Smith and Geathers make impacts in the secondary.  But Smith might have a hard time getting much time as a rookie unless there is an injury.  Davis is an elite CB and Toler and Butler are solid vets.  Unless of course he switches to safety but I don't know if he has the skill set to make that switch.  

I agree, that Anderson should see a good amount of snaps. 

I want Dorsett to do well BEFORE Luck marches on the field. So I hope his special teams contributions are major.

I REALLY REALLY hope Anderson and Smith make the most of their snaps though. Just bat down passes and take down runners.

That's all I could ask for.

David Parry will  be the surprise. He is one of the reasons Anderson is so good.

I think he'll be the "value" pick of the draft as it seems if he and Anderson can duplicate their play together in College as well as Luck and Fleener have, it could be a boom for our D-Line!  Wishful thinking for sure, but man would it be nice for him to turn into a star at his position.   It happens for other teams, perhaps one of our low picks/UDFA's will finally be a grand slam!