Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeflateGate: Brady suspension expected (mega merge / updated)

HtownColt

And this is such a big news because

1. it's pats

2. it's tom brady

seriously.  

NY Times reports that it takes a month for Eli Manning to prep his ball.

all teams do things like this and it's no issue

GiNGKHk.gif

and when aaron rodgers want his ball 16+ psi nobody makes a big deal out it when it's a clear advantage to have a fully inflated football because

1. it's harder to catch (only skilled WRs can catch it - DBs will drop sure INTs)

2. it gives more velocity (sports science proved it)

Entire league was doing steroids in 70's.  WRs used stickums.   teams cheat salary caps.   tamper with players.

this is no issue if carson palmer did it. 

this is no issue if alex smith did it.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know, 3psi over = bricks, 2psi under = no real difference

Don't you remember "Bill" did the QB deflated ball test in practice and only the ball that was at 7.5 PSI was able to be detected by the NE QBs. All the other balls felt the same to Tom and JG.

Listen to Brady press conference. answer is there.

what you are thinking is irrelevant. we are talking about suspension here. that's player's lively hood. you can't suspend a guy when there is no clear violation.

Well, in Brady's press conference he says 12.5.

Also, nobody on the Colts forum is suspending Brady. That will be the NFL. Maybe you should write to the league. Trying to convince people on the Colts forum is fruitless. You should take this right to the top, and maybe get an audience with Troy. He might see it your way he might not, but at least you could say you tried.

Because 11 or 10.5 is not what they're supposed to be. I'm not sure if you've read the rules, but it looks like Jastremski has. He states the rule right there. I think you're conflating what Tom wants and what the rule is. If Tom really wanted them at 13, he would just ask the league to make sure they don't go over the limit. He wouldn't employ two dummies to steal the bag to get em right.

again stop making up stories.  stop the assumption. 

1. refs more probably than not do a goodl old 'squeeze' test.  seriously.   when they feel it's deflated then they put air in.  when they feel it's inflated then they deflate it.

"The majority of the time, they take air out of the football. I think that, for me, is a disadvantage." - aaron rodgers

2. you don't know if refs and brady went back and forth about ball pressure.   i don't know either

3. let's say you are right.  then he should've said ball should've been 12.5 to 13.5

4. Brady played 15 years in this league. 209 games.   this 'deflating' issue was brought up just now. this year.    so for 200+ games refs or the league didn't raise this issue because brady's ball passed the 'squeeze' test

this is a non issue if matt ryan did it. 

And this is such a big news because

1. it's pats

2. it's tom brady

seriously.

NY Times reports that it takes a month for Eli Manning to prep his ball.

all teams do things like this and it's no issue

GiNGKHk.gif

and when aaron rodgers want his ball 16+ psi nobody makes a big deal out it when it's a clear advantage to have a fully inflated football because

1. it's harder to catch (only skilled WRs can catch it - DBs will drop sure INTs)

2. it gives more velocity (sports science proved it)

Entire league was doing steroids in 70's. WRs used stickums. teams cheat salary caps. tamper with players.

this is no issue if carson palmer did it.

this is no issue if alex smith did it.

I think your confusing ball prep with conspiring to deflate football's after the refs have signed off on the balls, already prepped.

Well, in Brady's press conference he says 12.5.

Also, nobody on the Colts forum is suspending Brady. That will be the NFL. Maybe you should write to the league. Trying to convince people on the Colts forum is fruitless. You should take this right to the top, and maybe get an audience with Troy. He might see it your way he might not, but at least you could say you tried.

and they are also playing the game in front of 80k fans.  every game matters. it's do or die.     brady played with 16 psi ball on 10/16/2014.   it didn't feel right, but he played. why?  because it's NFL FOOTBALL GAME.    air pressure in football is so insignificant because you are TRYING TO WIN THE GAME.

brady is worrying about the pass rush, defense, and game plan.  he has no time to think about the air pressure during the game. 

well, that's what i think. 

I think your confusing ball prep with conspiring to deflate football's after the refs have signed off on the balls, already prepped.

heating the ball can change the air pressure.   it's called science.  and if it goes below 12.5 than it's a violation of the rule.

again stop making up stories. stop the assumption.

1. refs more probably than not do a goodl old 'squeeze' test. seriously. when they feel it's deflated then they put air in. when they feel it's inflated then they deflate it.

"The majority of the time, they take air out of the football. I think that, for me, is a disadvantage." - aaron rodgers

2. you don't know if refs and brady went back and forth about ball pressure. i don't know either

3. let's say you are right. then he should've said ball should've been 12.5 to 13.5

4. Brady played 15 years in this league. 209 games. this 'deflating' issue was brought up just now. this year. so for 200+ games refs or the league didn't raise this issue because brady's ball passed the 'squeeze' test

this is a non issue if matt ryan did it.

You don't understand what they were accused of. They conspired to let air out after inspection.

Also they didn't catch him because they give the balls away instead of retesting them after the game. I think this will change this year. Brady won't be able to pull this off again.

They will probably do like they do in racing, inspect once the event is over so it's less likely someone can cheat.

and they are also playing the game in front of 80k fans. every game matters. it's do or die. brady played with 16 psi ball on 10/16/2014. it didn't feel right, but he played. why? because it's NFL FOOTBALL GAME. air pressure in football is so insignificant because you are TRYING TO WIN THE GAME.

brady is worrying about the pass rush, defense, and game plan. he has no time to think about the air pressure during the game.

well, that's what i think.

If air pressure is insignificant, then why is Brady bribing guys to break the rules. That sounds crazy. Why risk a lengthy suspension over something so innocuous?

You don't understand what they were accused of. They conspired to let air out after inspection.

Also they didn't catch him because they give the balls away instead of retesting them after the game. I think this will change this year. Brady won't be able to pull this off again.

They will probably do like they do in racing, inspect once the event is over so it's less likely someone can cheat.

i'm not seeing the difference.  putting a needle to a ball to let air out before the game or heating the ball to let air out during the game.

cheating is cheating if you ask me.  

Actually I don't hate Tom Brady. Here's another pats fan thinking they know everything and putting words in my mouth. News flash, you don't know me, and you don't know it all.

Tom Brady is one heck of a QB. I used to have a ton of respect for him.

However, I have lost all respect for Tom Brady after this report.

He's not the greatest of all time. Matter of fact, he shouldn't even be in the top 10 now. The greats never got caught cheating and trying to cover it up. Even Rice admitted to cheating but he owned up to it.

The fact Tom Brady lied and continues to lie tarnishes his legacy.

I love how the criticism has shifted from the action itself to the assumption that he may have lied. Like everyone is so holier than thou all of a sudden...including the head honcho of liars the NFL itself...they can lie all day long to us but the second someone may lie to them? Whoa...stop the presses!!! Now everyone has to pretend to be all angry that big bad Tom Brady didn't tell them the truth!!!! Yeah...lets suspend the guy for a year for lying...good plan guys.

Please. This whole situation has degenerated into open season of nonsense and you're all leading the charge.

If air pressure is insignificant, then why is Brady bribing guys to break the rules. That sounds crazy. Why risk a lengthy suspension over something so innocuous?

again, you are assuming.  we don't know if brady said 'you 2 *s make sure ball is feels perfect'   more probably than not? yes.  but not a irrefutable proof to suspend a player.

if brady came out and admited like brady johnson did?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/21/brad-johnson-paid-a-bribe-to-tamper-with-footballs-at-the-super-bowl/

then suspend his butt.

we will never what was exchanged between those 2 boys and brady because brady decided not to share his phone.  

WOW! Thanks for clearing that up. Brady's off the hook. Good work.

[/sarcasm]

haters and media can reasonably assume brady more probably than not he knew about what's going on.   but that's not enough to suspend a guy because all the things that i've said above.

you can call him a cheater all you want, but you can't suspend a guy because there is zero proof that brady ordered them to make the ball 11psi.

it's always convenient to ignore some of the critical details. Pg 90 of wells report.

https://twitter.com/MarkDanielsPJ/status/597461247894757376/photo/1

it's ridiculous if you ask me. so one thing is certain - Brady wanted 13psi on 10/16/2014. the day he threw 16psi ball against the Jets. He of course threw 3tds 0ints that day. lesson learned. haters will always hate no matter what.

The problem with all of this is, which you seen to be forgetting, is that Tom himself said he had no idea about psi and the pressure in the balls and how they felt, that he couldn't tell the difference. This was during the press conference after the story came out. It is clear that he was lying and had been until these details came out. He knew exactly what he wanted and how the balls felt.

i'm not seeing the difference. putting a needle to a ball to let air out before the game or heating the ball to let air out during the game.

cheating is cheating if you ask me.

Well the NFL warned teams in December of 2014 not to warm their balls. McNally got caught in January of 2015, and they hid it from the league. Just like spygate Patriots never heed the warning, and get caught conspiring then obstructing and lying.

haters and media can reasonably assume brady more probably than not he knew about what's going on. but that's not enough to suspend a guy because all the things that i've said above.

you can call him a cheater all you want, but you can't suspend a guy because there is zero proof that brady ordered them to make the ball 11psi.

Again, the Colts fan forum can't stop this suspension. You should write this up and give it to the league. I think most people here disagree with you, but maybe Troy sees it your way.

haters and media can reasonably assume brady more probably than not he knew about what's going on. but that's not enough to suspend a guy because all the things that i've said above.

Just curious, what do you think McNally and Jastremski were doing?

The problem with all of this is, which you seen to be forgetting, is that Tom himself said he had no idea about psi and the pressure in the balls and how they felt, that he couldn't tell the difference. This was during the press conference after the story came out. It is clear that he was lying and had been until these details came out. He knew exactly what he wanted and how the balls felt.

Brady said he likes 12.5.  he likes it softer because it has a better grip.    and he is right he wouldn't know the difference between 11.5 vs. 12.5.  or 12.5 vs. 13.5. why?  because it's hardly any different.  go to Dick's and try a little squeeze test.   you can tell a difference between 12psi to 16psi.     but you probably can't between 11psi to 12psi at dicks when there is no 80k people watching.

and when brady 'squeeze' tests football before the game, adrenaline is already all time high.  he screams and yells like he normally does and gets all pumped like he is high.   hey, some people call him 'psycho tom'.     game face is on.  fans are cheering and singing songs. all he cares about is how to dissect the D and win.  brady maybe obssessed with a ball pressure, but he is also obsessed with WINNING.    football stadium before or during game is not an ideal environment to squeeze test and determine if the ball is 11 or 12 or 13. 

but yeah when it's 16, he would know.   he is a QB after all.  nobody other than rodgers want to throw a brick. 

and obviously it's all mental.  brady played with either perfect ball or over inflated ball in 3 games

1. jets game

2. colts 2nd half

3. SB

brady played great in all 3 games.   obviously it doesn't bother brady at all whether he plays with 11psi or 13psi or 16psi.   and he probably doesn't even know the difference between ball he played in the 1st half or 2nd half in the colts game.  

this thread is pure trolling.

no one with a brain could actually think the wells report and RJ are just being h8terz

they are not hating, but they have reason to come up with some sort of verdict because if they don't it would make NFL look really bad.

remember NFL only cares about the game.   they would sacrifice brady or any high profiled player if they think it will help their image.

they dropped ball on ray rice and many issues.  it's their objective to make sure they don't look like a fool.

Just curious, what do you think McNally and Jastremski were doing?

i'll never know.  i honestly don't care what they were texting about.  did they wash hands?  are they secret lovers?  i don't care

any of these scenarios are plausible if you ask me

1. brady ordered them to deflate the ball.  but we don't know what psi at

2. brady hinted them, but never ordered them.  brady is a smart guy.   maybe brady really does care about his image and cover his butt

3. they acted their own. they know brady likes deflated balls, but they know it's illegal, so they acted their own.  'hey brady look what i did.  did you like that 11psi ball?   i'll do it again if you hook me up with signed cleats. if you don't hook me up i'll make it a watermelon'

again, my point is the whole world other than pats fans want brady to be suspended.   i just think you can't suspend a guy when there is no proof of wrong doing.   knowing and doing are 2 different thing.

i inclined to believe Brady likes the softer ball, but he would never do it illegally on his own. and  he probably doesn't mind 2 dudes who kinda read his mind acted their own.  brady may say things like 'dudes, what da hell happened to the ball last week? it felt like bricks!'

brady is a company man and he is a brand.  and every move is dissected and watched.  Brady hates paparazzi for that reason.   he said it multiple times.  brady's favorite thing is a privacy.   brady is the most dissected and followed athlete in the NFL.  so i inclined to believe taht  he knows how to protect himself.  

they are not hating, but they have reason to come up with some sort of verdict because if they don't it would make NFL look really bad.

remember NFL only cares about the game.   they would sacrifice brady or any high profiled player if they think it will help their image.

they dropped ball on ray rice and many issues.  it's their objective to make sure they don't look like a fool.

Congrats on your most ridiculous post yet. Let me get this right... correct me if I'm wrong . 

The NFL couldn't have just told Wells to do a 3rd party investigation and submit the results. Why would they look so bad if the report showed no wrong doing by any member of the NE team ? Grigson registered a complaint and the balls tested were all at illegal PSI. What would be the huge black eye for the league to say Grigson's allegations were unfounded and it was more likely the weather and excessive rubbing of the balls caused the below standard PSI ? 

I fail to even remotely see where you have a plausible point. That's not even mentioning the fact that what you are pretty much saying is the NFL is framing Brady , By telling Wells to slant the report it would essentially be doing this. That would be just great for the league if one of the Wells team sold that story to someone. 

You really need to grow up and use that thing on your shudders a bit before you go off on these silly tangents.

I love how the criticism has shifted from the action itself to the assumption that he may have lied. Like everyone is so holier than thou all of a sudden...including the head honcho of liars the NFL itself...they can lie all day long to us but the second someone may lie to them? Whoa...stop the presses!!! Now everyone has to pretend to be all angry that big bad Tom Brady didn't tell them the truth!!!! Yeah...lets suspend the guy for a year for lying...good plan guys.

Please. This whole situation has degenerated into open season of nonsense and you're all leading the charge.

Trouble is Brady did lie. The text in the Wells report shows that. Brady even said himself he didn't know who the name of the equipment guy was but still sends him text. And also the payoffs with game balls and shoes. If the guy wasn't doing something for Brady then why would he be accepting gifts from him and why would Brady pay him off in gifts? The old saying is where's there smoke there is fire holds true in this case. If Brady and the Patriots didn't have something to hide then why not cooperate with the NFL? The Wells report did find something that Brady and the Patriots didn't want to be found and shut their end of their cooperation down. It does not take a rocket scientist to know when you refuse to cooperate there is something to hide. A lot of the negative attitude on the Patriots has been brought up on themselves and their actions or lack there of.

i'll never know. i honestly don't care what they were texting about.

Ah, but you do care. Your on a Colts forum trying to let Colts fans know Brady is being railroaded. If you've read anything on these forums you know most of us believe the Wells report.

I feel bad for hard core fans of Brady, such as yourself. I'm sure Bonds fans and ARod fans went through the same thing. This will pass. Eventually it will be just something Brady did to get ahead and people will stop taking about it. The suspension is inevitable at this point. I hope you find peace in this, but I realize that will be hard without Brady telling everybody what really happened.

Good luck with your mission, and hopefully we get some answers from Brady, if not we can't control any of this, so maybe one day you'll be able to let it go.

i'll never know. i honestly don't care what they were texting about. did they wash hands? are they secret lovers? i don't care

any of these scenarios are plausible if you ask me

1. brady ordered them to deflate the ball. but we don't know what psi at

2. brady hinted them, but never ordered them. brady is a smart guy. maybe brady really does care about his image and cover his butt

3. they acted their own. they know brady likes deflated balls, but they know it's illegal, so they acted their own. 'hey brady look what i did. did you like that 11psi ball? i'll do it again if you hook me up with signed cleats. if you don't hook me up i'll make it a watermelon'

again, my point is the whole world other than pats fans want brady to be suspended. i just think you can't suspend a guy when there is no proof of wrong doing. knowing and doing are 2 different thing.

i inclined to believe Brady likes the softer ball, but he would never do it illegally on his own. and he probably doesn't mind 2 dudes who kinda read his mind acted their own. brady may say things like 'dudes, what da hell happened to the ball last week? it felt like bricks!'

brady is a company man and he is a brand. and every move is dissected and watched. Brady hates paparazzi for that reason. he said it multiple times. brady's favorite thing is a privacy. brady is the most dissected and followed athlete in the NFL. so i inclined to believe taht he knows how to protect himself.

WOW...

I would normally shed a tear, as this is a new level of sad...

But I couldn't stop laughing long enough...

I understand that, but many of you guys are sitting around making it sound like anyone who has the audacity to question is just a low iq New England homer. The NFL will do what they want, you're right, but that doesn't mean we aren't allowed to question, that doesn't make us stupid for wondering why this turned into a matter of national security when previous comparable situations did not. The fact is, there is 0 proof of Brady's involvement to the level that many are claiming, and as mentioned in the article I posted, we aren't crazy for calling foul at how the whole thing has been handled.

All this could have been avoided had Brady been up front about it in the first place. When you lie and are not truthful it looks bad. Had Brady owned up he would have drew his token fine and moved on. Because he chose to lie and act like nothing ever happened is why all this is happening. In his first public response he mentioned this wasn't Isis and no one got killed. Really? Was that very smart? He is the one who made himself seem arrogant with his own comments. When this first was brought out the Patriot fans pointed fingers at the Colts and tried to turn this around like the Colts did something wrong. Maybe it's time to face the truth and accept that your team is not quite as clean as you think they are. Where there is smoke there is fire. Sad part is the Patriots were and are talented enough not to have to go to extreme to insure they have the upper hand. They have taken the saying if your not cheating your not trying to a whole new level. Also why do a lot of Patriot fans feel the need to always bring up other players and teams in an effort to deflect the spot light on themselves?

You know why its shifting that way?  Because Brady doesn't have the balls to come out and say it.  I think fans are starting to see... oh hey ball deflation... sucks and is cheating and probably effected around 10 years worth of games.  But really isn't all that bad.  THE ONE MAKING IT WORSE IS BRADY HIMSELF.  He refuses to say he did it and the organization acts like they are owed.  As if they were the NFL.  And that arrogance, is what makes fans hope he crashes and burns.

It's one thing to cheat accept and move on.  It's another to cheat pretend it's the rule enforcers fault for you cheating and tell everyone else its sour grapes.  Now your just being a dirty person.

I disagree. It was a big deal before the denial.

You should really read the Wells Report.

The Wells Report for all intent and purposes was strictly intended to describe the events that took place the night of January 18, 1015. However, the information gathered brought to light a more troubling situation, and had Ted Wells been paid to conduct a study based on the entire season then this report would be very interesting.

The ball deflating, cheating, has been going on for a very long time, and possibly dates back to 2006.

The fact that brady lied about it only makes it worse. We are reaching Pete Rose levels when you add in the lies.

Hey BlueShoe, was that Tom Brady's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather's ghost from 1-18-1015 coming back to haunt him?

:) the thing jumped off the page at me! :)

My biggest issue with what he's done is that A) he didn't need to cheat, he's good enough to beat anyone and B) the payoffs and cover ups.

Leading the charge???

BWAHAHAHAHA...

seriously discussing shady Brady on a football message board, leading the charge??? bwahahahaha

Insecurities & seeing your hero turn into a person without integrity gets people to say funny things...

My biggest issue with what he's done is that A) he didn't need to cheat, he's good enough to beat anyone and B) the payoffs and cover ups.

Not in my book.  I'll never know if he was good enough or not.  But then again that is just my personal opinion.  He has clearly cheated for years.  And who's to say he doesn't buckle under the pressure of those RB's not fumbling those balls, or his receivers not fumbling or he not being able to throw some of those "accurate passes".  In my book he is nothing. 

Leading the charge???

BWAHAHAHAHA...

seriously discussing shady Brady on a football message board, leading the charge??? bwahahahaha

Insecurities & seeing your hero turn into a person without integrity gets people to say funny things...

Seems like all these Pats fans need to get off their knees and stop worshipping a cheater.

It's one thing to support your tearm, it's one thing to debate a report but dang some of these posts by Pats fans are so far out in left field, they're risking falling out of the galaxy. I'm beginning to suspect these account are the same person...who's quite looney.

I support the Colts, have throughout the good and bad. However, if thus was Luck or even Manning or any other colt player, I'd be the first to condemn it and demand punishment. I'd also think the organization should punish as well. Just like I called out the issues with some on our roster. But no, these pats fans seem to believe their team are gods and worship them.

Not in my book. I'll never know if he was good enough or not. But then again that is just my personal opinion. He has clearly cheated for years. And who's to say he doesn't buckle under the pressure of those RB's not fumbling those balls, or his receivers not fumbling or he not being able to throw some of those "accurate passes". In my book he is nothing.

Valid points for sure. But that's the issue As well. We don't know for sure when this started. I've read the report entirely. I draw the conclusion this has been going on for years as well.

But I like I said, Brady's reputation just took a huge hit and may fall farther if more facts come out.

Seems like all these Pats fans need to get off their knees and stop worshipping a cheater.

It's one thing to support your tearm, it's one thing to debate a report but dang some of these posts by Pats fans are so far out in left field, they're risking falling out of the galaxy. I'm beginning to suspect these account are the same person...who's quite looney.

I support the Colts, have throughout the good and bad. However, if thus was Luck or even Manning or any other colt player, I'd be the first to condemn it and demand punishment. I'd also think the organization should punish as well. Just like I called out the issues with some on our roster. But no, these pats fans seem to believe their team are gods and worship them.

You don't think the New England fan-base would stoop to [stnalp]? Nah. That would be a very deflating thing to do.

You know, you keep going back to this. You have Hernandez, the worst of all, who Belichick and Kraft knew dang well the guy could be trouble, but they think they are smarter than everyone else, and could handle this guy. Well, the ol' cigar had a load in it, and it blew up in their faces. now, that being said, all teams have personnel issue guys. What we are talking about here, is rampant cheating at an organizational level, utilizing any scheme they can come up with to gain an unfair advantage. In my opinion, Kraft, Belichick, and Brady should get the baseball steroid treatment for cheating, and not be voted on in the HOF. 

And we released Hernandez upon his request unlike the Ravens who only seemed to realize this season after the Ray Rice fiasco, the worst incident by far the NFL has had to deal with spawning then to have to create a DV policy, that you should not keep players that do heinous things.

Keep dreaming about the Pats legacy being effected by camera location and ball pressure issues. Even the most staunch Patriot haters have come and said ball pressure had zero effect on the AFCCG and that this investigation has been ridiculous. Now if we want to talk about organizational cheating, why don't you take a look at your team's history, http://yourteamcheats.com/BAL

FYI spoiler alert - your own QB Jeff Blake admitted to routinely taking air out of footballs ...