Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeflateGate: Brady suspension expected (mega merge / updated)

HtownColt

I disagree with the post. I do think the report casts aspersions against Brady but it fails to show him responsible for anything pertaining to the AFCCG. If you want to say his ball boys were acting according to his wishes for a softer ball, I can buy that. But at no point are they instructed to deflate lower than 12.5. In fact, just the opposite. After the Jets game when the balls were at 16 psi, they made sure to double check the rule book on inflation and make sure they were presented to the refs at 12.5 so they would not add any air and that was per Brady's request.

IMO Hogwash

Double check the rule book why not bring it to the attention to the league ?

I'll tell you why a culture of corruption has existed & has been festering in Patriot land since 2000 according to Roger Goodell &

in the Paranoid fantasy world where the mindset of the management & fans exist in New England its us against the world bunker mentality &  that really is disgusting .

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Or maybe the Colts will beat the crap out of NE and win a Super Bowl.  Why cower so much when we have great players and excellent new additions while NE has lost their stellar CB's.  How about a little belief in our guys for a change? Heck,depending on the suspensions, NE might not even be in the playoffs next year.  We have Baltimore, Pitt, Denver, Miami, NY Jets, Buffalo and the Texans to worry about! 

I think we will be right there....I do feel like this is our season...but there is just a whole bunch of attitude on this forum and I'm just thinking some humility might be in good order....besides...this isn't a good thing no matter how you look at it. It is a sad thing and could have been totally avoided and hopefully people learn from this. We never know...next time it could involve one of our players or coaches so we shouldn't rush to point fingers and stir the pot.

BTW, Don Yee has been everywhere this week - CNN, Mike and Mike, Dan Patrick and he was just on our local afternoon show. It is clear that he and Brady believe this report is bogus and will fight any league discipline.

Good luck with that

IMO Hogwash

Double check the rule book why not bring it to the attention to the league ?

I'll tell you why a culture of corruption has existed & has been festering in Patriot land since 2000 according to Roger Goodell &

in the Paranoid fantasy world where the mindset of the management & fans exist in New England its us against the world bunker mentality &  that really is disgusting .

Oh please. Stop already. What you got for this cheating culture? Camera location and air pressure?  Get a grip ...

Never admit guilt.

Pausible deniability.

When innocent, yell it at the top of your lungs. When guilty yell even louder.

Whatever happened to taking responsibility for your actions?

Seems our parents were wrong. Just ask your lawyer.

BTW, Don Yee has been everywhere this week - CNN, Mike and Mike, Dan Patrick and he was just on our local afternoon show. It is clear that he and Brady believe this report is bogus and will fight any league discipline.

Why can't Brady speak instead of having his daddy, his agent, his owner, his 0 IQ tight end speak.

"Daddy I got in trouble can you please go to the principal's office for me??"

Yee realizes that this isn't a courtroom right? Probable is plenty in a private company.

Players have done a ton of time for much less.

To your last graph, why? It is the league that went on this witch hunt over ball pressure and blew it up into a national story with this ridiculous investigation. The burden has always been on them to prove it and IMO they have failed with this report. There is no reason for the Pats to say anything as the report did not find any smoking gun as Kraft said it wouldn't. Not to mention they were trying to find a history of it and failed on that too and revealed that their own ref at the Jets game blew up games to an illegal limit.

amfootball, c'mon now. Since being a member of the Colts forums since October of last year, I've read many of your posts. I respect your opinions and well thought out synopses sometimes on various subjects. But I gotta tell ya, this one cannot be waived off with fancy words and conclusions of denial. I understand how you feel. Believe me, I do. However, sometimes in life (and you know this) you just have to buck up and swallow the medicine. I know it's a bitter, bitter taste. Face it and open widely with nostrils shut and drink it down.

The effects of it will go a long way in the eyes of many here including myself. Let it go and live for another day. Okay? I hope you will.

Yes the one that says maybe, probably and likely all over it ...

You know that's just language the NFL requires right? It's the standard the NFL requires their reports to be written as. Bill Polian has explained this numerous times.

If there was a "smoking gun" the report would still read "more probable than not."

amfootball, c'mon now. Since being a member of the Colts forums since October of last year, I've read many of your posts. I respect your opinions and well thought out synopses...

Then you haven't read enough of those posts.

Oh please. Stop already. What you got for this cheating culture? Camera location and air pressure?  Get a grip ...

1 grip coming up ..imagine you telling anyone to get a grip how often does that ever happen ..

When Mcnally was asked about the bathroom ' he stated he entered , dropped the balls to his left , And used the urinal to his right ,  The report  points out "that bathroom has no urinals "  afterwards he claimed he did'nt know what type of fixture he used "

A smoking gun IMO such great recall the first go around then all of a sudden alzheimers no wonder they wanted to talk to him again .

And Kraft new this IMO thats why the Patriots would not allow any more conversations there afraid of the truth .

I haven't read all the posts about this topic since this all started, but the part that surprised me was the fact that each team has their own game day footballs.  I guess a rule change could prevent this.  There is one set of game balls, managed by the officials.  Done.

If these QBs and receivers are so good they can all use balls that are all inflated to the exact prescribed pressure and they can be checked at the beginning of every qtr or something.

I haven't read all the posts about this topic since this all started, but the part that surprised me was the fact that each team has their own game day footballs. I guess a rule change could prevent this. There is one set of game balls, managed by the officials. Done.

If these QBs and receivers are so good they can all use balls that are all inflated to the exact prescribed pressure and they can be checked at the beginning of every qtr or something.

Manning and Brady lobbied to make that change I want to say around 2007? Not sure if the exact date.

I haven't read all the posts about this topic since this all started, but the part that surprised me was the fact that each team has their own game day footballs. I guess a rule change could prevent this. There is one set of game balls, managed by the officials. Done.

According to The Herd, The rule where teams get their own game day footballs is a fairly recent rule. Peyton Manning was one of the players that pushed for the current rule, he mentioned that Brady also was for the rule change.

According to The Herd, The rule where teams get their own game day footballs is a fairly recent rule. Peyton Manning was one of the players that pushed for the current rule, he mentioned that Brady also was for the rule change.

yes both Brady and Manning championed the rule change allowing QB and teams to provide their own footballs, I believe it goes back to 2006.

3..2..1. Time for am to now blame Peyton. haha

You are too level-headed. Lol. After I posted that comment, I did believe that I went too far in saying that his actions are on the same level as those of some PED users. But he did break the rules and he probably has been doing it for a while. You just wonder what else yet to be discovered that he and the Patriots have done to gain a competitive advantage.

You should go to the game

this year. It should be a good one and the Colts should win.

Its just my simple opinion...my views aren't any better than anyone elses. I can understand the outrage to a certain extent...but then it goes too far....like 40 pages too far lol. Most threads are only a couple pages on most boards besides ours. It doesn't need to be this big conspiracy and doesn't need to be some big black ops secret. This isn't watergate...its a football...a player trying to alter the pressure...and its a game...a kids game.

I do think the Colts have a great chance this season....but I rule nothing out that night against NE....I am going to be holding my breath....and without this incident I would say the motivation would have all been on our side for that game....now its on theirs...and even if they fall early because of a possible suspension...that night would be their SB in my opinion.

Dude if lying & covering up can bring down a sitting President it can bring down a lying cheating QB of a football team .

Tom like Lance is a bold faced liar & that makes people losers these 2 are perfect examples .

Thats fine...thats a pretty strong opinion....let those that have not sinned cast the first stone. Just because he is in the public spotlight doesn't mean he isn't human and can make mistakes. Both of them. Look I don't condone it...I think they should be punished but I don't just assume they are bad people or "losers"...they are human. I'm willing to forgive if he is to ask. If your not...thats your opinion...but I imagine we all have some things we've wished we hadn't done....and people have forgiven us....Tom I think deserves the same.

I haven't read all the posts about this topic since this all started, but the part that surprised me was the fact that each team has their own game day footballs.  I guess a rule change could prevent this.  There is one set of game balls, managed by the officials.  Done.

I'm pretty sure that's how it used to be done. One of the people who proposed the change to our current system was Tom Brady...

1 grip coming up ..imagine you telling anyone to get a grip how often does that ever happen ..

When Mcnally was asked about the bathroom ' he stated he entered , dropped the balls to his left , And used the urinal to his right ,  The report  points out "that bathroom has no urinals "  afterwards he claimed he did'nt know what type of fixture he used "

A smoking gun IMO such great recall the first go around then all of a sudden alzheimers no wonder they wanted to talk to him again .

And Kraft new this IMO thats why the Patriots would not allow any more conversations there afraid of the truth .

I think the most interesting part of this is yet to come in terms of the punishment and how much Brady fights it.

Thats fine...thats a pretty strong opinion....let those that have not sinned cast the first stone. Just because he is in the public spotlight doesn't mean he isn't human and can make mistakes. Both of them. Look I don't condone it...I think they should be punished but I don't just assume they are bad people or "losers"...they are human. I'm willing to forgive if he is to ask. If your not...thats your opinion...but I imagine we all have some things we've wished we hadn't done....and people have forgiven us....Tom I think deserves the same.

He deserves nothing if he can't be honest .  We are born in sin so whos gonna throw it ?

R e l a x

Exactly! I think a lot of people on here should do just that...I can't see how what happened deserves the outrage and fake indignation that is on the board. Fine him, suspend him, whatever...and lets move on and play football.

I did not understand that post . It went over my head . I was serious the way it read I can't tell what you meant ..

Ah. No I wasn't calling you a liar. Just that not wanting to believe negative things about your team/players isn't limited to just Pats fans.

And yeah, I post at the planet so I know how angry they are.

But be honest, if the roles were reversed here how many of us would just automatically believe that Manning/Luck did something like this?

Its just my simple opinion...my views aren't any better than anyone elses. I can understand the outrage to a certain extent...but then it goes too far....like 40 pages too far lol. Most threads are only a couple pages on most boards besides ours. It doesn't need to be this big conspiracy and doesn't need to be some big black ops secret. This isn't watergate...its a football...a player trying to alter the pressure...and its a game...a kids game.

I do think the Colts have a great chance this season....but I rule nothing out that night against NE....I am going to be holding my breath....and without this incident I would say the motivation would have all been on our side for that game....now its on theirs...and even if they fall early because of a possible suspension...that night would be their SB in my opinion.

40+ pages doesn't equal outrage. 40+ pages equals interest.