Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts bring in a pair of safeties for a visit.

Matt Miller from BR has a man crush on Tartt. I watched a bit of film on him and I can see why. He's great. 

Campbell is decent. Not really someone who I would want to start right away but could develop into a nice player. 

Matt Miller from BR has a man crush on Tartt. I watched a bit of film on him and I can see why. He's great. 

Campbell is decent. Not really someone who I would want to start right away but could develop into a nice player.

even though there is not a lot of film on Tartt I love what I see.

I personally want 2 Safties cause I don't wanna put full trust in Adams having another great season at his age and I'm not a fan of Lowery at all

I agree. I definetly wouldn't be opposed to drafting a player like Collins in the first and a player like Eric Rowe or Ifo in the second. That way we'd get 1 pure safety and another player who offers versatility as a CB and FS

I agree. I definetly wouldn't be opposed to drafting a player like Collins in the first and a player like Eric Rowe or Ifo in the second. That way we'd get 1 pure safety and another player who offers versatility as a CB and FS

yeah same here I still like the project idea of Holliman later tho

I would love Rowe in the second, but he's been sneaking into the end of the 1st in a lot of mocks ... hopefully his stock really isn't bottom of the 1st by the draft. 

Anyone else slightly bothered by the fact we showed no intrest in drafting a S until the weakest S class in awhile? Grigs can really * you off sometimes.

People were saying it was just as weak last year.

post was not for homers it was for people who are realistic about the franchise. Ones who actually see Grigson makes plenty of mistakes I know alot here think he does nothing wrong tho.

We all know he makes mistakes. But his results are hard to argue against. 

We all know he makes mistakes. But his results are hard to argue against.

Having Andrew Luck to makes us look better then we really are and winning us games we shouldn't?? He really hasn't done much. His first draft was good and the Vontae trade was good other then that hasn't been any better than average.

Having Andrew Luck to makes us look better then we really are and winning us games we shouldn't?? He really hasn't done much. His first draft was good and the Vontae trade was good other then that hasn't been any better than average.

I love this argument. Especially when you look at games like Cleveland and Houston and realize that without the defense playing well we would have been crushed with the utter mediocrity emanating from the offense in those games.  

I love this argument. Especially when you look at games like Cleveland and Houston and realize that without the defense playing well we would have been crushed with the utter mediocrity emanating from the offense in those games.

those ganes weren't really about the defense being that good more of the other teams offense being garbage

Mewhort, TY, Fleener, Allen. . . all really good pick. Have been as good in FA but his drafts have been much better than average.

Anyone else slightly bothered by the fact we showed no intrest in drafting a S until the weakest S class in awhile? Grigs can really * you off sometimes.

How would you know how much interest he had last year?

None of us really knows....   he talked about wanting to draft one prior to the draft. 

But there was a run on safeties and by the time it came to our first pick at 59,  the best ones were gone.

We took Mewhort which was a priority need and he paid off.

A couple of safeties went before we took Moncrief at the bottom of the 3rd.     And more were taken in the 4th where we didn't have a pick.     We targeted Newsome in the 5th.

We only had 3 picks to do some damage and unfortunately things didn't break our way.....

I have issues with Grigson over safeties...   but I'm not sure this is one of them.

Mewhort, TY, Fleener, Allen. . . all really good pick. Have been as good in FA but his drafts have been much better than average.

well 3 of your picks were from the first draft I said was good. Mewhort has been good too but he has failed with his first picks and trades other then Vontae. And his FA has been very average and meh.

None of us really knows....   he talked about wanting to draft one prior to the draft. 

But there was a run on safeties and by the time it came to our first pick at 59,  the best ones were gone.

A couple of safeties went before we took Moncrief at the bottom of the 3rd.     And more were taken in the 4th where we didn't have a pick.     We targeted Newsome in the 5th.

We only had 3 picks to do some damage and it unfortunately things didn't break our way.....

I have issues with Grigson over safeties...   but I'm not sure this is one of them.

So what you are saying is a GM just cant snap his finger and get any and every player he wants? Makes too much sense. To read what some have to say Grigson is at the bottom of the NFL as far as being a GM is concerned. It gets ridiculous at times.

None of us really knows.... he talked about wanting to draft one prior to the draft.

But there was a run on safeties and by the time it came to our first pick at 59, the best ones were gone.

A couple of safeties went before we took Moncrief at the bottom of the 3rd. And more were taken in the 4th where we didn't have a pick. We targeted Newsome in the 5th.

We only had 3 picks to do some damage and it unfortunately things didn't break our way.....

I have issues with Grigson over safeties... but I'm not sure this is one of them.

I just hate all the good young FA S he has passed up like I said I hope all of them just didnt wanna come here

But I also I am in the same boat as Dustin when it comes to Grigson now

I just hate all the good young FA S he has passed up like I said I hope all of them just didnt wanna come here

But I also I am in the same boat as Dustin when it comes to Grigson now

Well....   some of them Grigson passed on because they were too expensive.

I doubt many players don't come here because they don't want to.    At least, I hope not.

I don't know why you'd be in the same boat....   I don't think he makes a compelling argument on Grigson and I think that boat is small right now....

It may get bigger someday....  but I think it's a small raft at this point....

Well.... some of them Grigson passed on because they were too expensive.

I doubt many players don't come here because they don't want to. At least, I hope not.

I don't know why you'd be in the same boat.... I don't think he makes a compelling argument on Grigson and I think that boat is small right now....

It may get bigger someday.... but I think it's a small raft at this point....

most got signed for some pretty good deals such as Moore who isn't an all pro but still talented signed for a good deal in Houston

Him whiffing on our 1st picks don't help and I haven't been a fan of his FA moves he goes for quantity over quality but I'm not claiming to know anything JMO

The 2013 draft was a hot mess. But I really like our 2014 Draft a lot. Mewhort, Moncrief, and Newsome. We only had 5 picks and we hit on 3 of them. I really think you shouldn't complain about a GM as a whole unless he absolutely isn't getting the job done and you can't say that with Grigson. But we'll see how he does this year. Keep in mind that he's only had 3 drafts after we completely overhauled our roster. I'd say he's done a fine job.

The 2013 draft was a hot mess. But I really like our 2014 Draft a lot. Mewhort, Moncrief, and Newsome. We only had 5 picks and we hit on 3 of them. I really think you shouldn't complain about a GM as a whole unless he absolutely isn't getting the job done and you can't say that with Grigson. But we'll see how he does this year. Keep in mind that he's only had 3 drafts after we completely overhauled our roster. I'd say he's done a fine job.

I guess he just needs to start hitting on 1st rounders bad and I'm personally not a fan of his free agencies all the money he has had I just feel we should have more difference makers then just Vontae

Whole 2013 off-season was a mess tbh. Basically set us back an entire year. 

I guess he just needs to start hitting on 1st rounders bad and I'm personally not a fan of his free agencies all the money he has had I just feel we should have more difference makers then just Vontae

Yeah but he's only ever had 2 first rounders. You can't really get big time difference makers in FA without spending a lot of money. And you can only have the luxury of spending that much money on 1 or 2 people if you don't have gaping holes everywhere else. Grigs's approach is to use FA to fill in the holes and use the Draft to build the superstars. In my view, Grigs has only made 2 huge mistakes. Bjorn and T rich. But I don't know if we can blame him for the T rich thing because we were desperate and 75% of the media and this forum thought we were getting the next Jim Brown. 

Yeah, you would think knowing it's a weak draft class he would have addressed the S position in Free Agency and we could use the picks on higher rated players in other positions.

well 3 of your picks were from the first draft I said was good. Mewhort has been good too but he has failed with his first picks and trades other then Vontae. And his FA has been very average and meh.

FA has been meh, but that was mostly by design. Serviceable vets are needed when you completely turn a roster over. There were obvious misses like Landry, and he obviously expected RJF to take a bigger leap.

FA has been meh, but that was mostly by design. Serviceable vets are needed when you completely turn a roster over. There were obvious misses like Landry, and he obviously expected RJF to take a bigger leap.

I think we should go for quality over quantity it's better to get less good players then a bunch of bad to average players

Yeah I'm with Dustin on this. This 2015 draft will let me know Grigson's future with the Colts.

He needs to upgrade the line and the safety positions first and foremost. As weak as people say this safety class is, there are some great prospects this year including the two being talked about in this topic.

He gets a pass last year, but there is no reason whatsoever that he shouldn't draft a safety in at least the first 4 rounds this year.