Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts bring in a pair of safeties for a visit.

With Adams and Lowery on board the Colts have two vet starters, no immediate hole at S. They can afford to get one in the mid rounds and have him develop and get a lot of PT near the end of the season, rather than having them start day 1.

I've wanted Rowe since January but he'll probably be gone by #61 now. I'd rather have Tartt or Campbell at their proper value slot than I would Rowe or Randall at #29.

Trade down to mid second and pick up a mid third and still get Rowe with our first pick (like #45) would be nice.

I think we should go for quality over quantity it's better to get less good players then a bunch of bad to average players

You have to go for quantity when you overturn an entire roster.  And when you're dealing with a 2 win team, you have to turn the entire thing upside down.  There wasn't a single young, good player on the team outside of Castanzo.

Hmm don't know alot about either but good to see us showing intrest cause I'm no fan of lowery

The Colts also reportedly went to visit Demarious Randall too. Grigs is approaching this the right way, IMO. Sign Lowery to fill a hole in the roster knowing that he really wants a talent upgrade at S. He has the luxury of drafting one of the safties at their proper value rather than having to go get Collins or someone else out of an immediate need.

As far as your other post about wanting quality over quantity, I agree too, but I'm not sure there is much of a difference in players between #29 and #50 in this draft...no real impact player at #29. So why not trade down and have picks #45, #61, #77, and #93. Some of the BPAs at RT, ILB, DT, and even RB or CB could also be picked in that range. Of course, trading down requires a partner.

Hmm don't know alot about either but good to see us showing intrest cause I'm no fan of lowery

I'm not following nearly like I did last year, but check their rankings now and again.  On Scouts Inc. draft board, Randall has a grade of 77 and an early 3rd projection.  Tartt has grade of 69 and a late 3rd or early 4th round projection.  Campbell has a grade of 57 and late 4th or early 5th round projection.  I've seen the name Geathers mentioned on here elsewhere and his grade is 62, or late 3rd round or early 4th round projection.

Collins has a grade of 90 and a late round 1, early round 2 projection by comparison. And Eric Rowe has a grade of 81 at cornerback as a late round 2 projection.

With Adams and Lowery on board the Colts have two vet starters, no immediate hole at S. They can afford to get one in the mid rounds and have him develop and get a lot of PT near the end of the season, rather than having them start day 1.

I've wanted Rowe since January but he'll probably be gone by #61 now. I'd rather have Tartt or Campbell at their proper value slot than I would Rowe or Randall at #29.

Trade down to mid second and pick up a mid third and still get Rowe with our first pick (like #45) would be nice.

Rowe and Tartt in the 2nd and 3rd rounds without a trade-down would be really great if we can snag either Goldman or Kendricks at #29. 

But I agree.....if Goldman and Kendricks are gone at #29, along with any unforeseen plus-values at that spot....I'd also like to see us pull off a trade-down for mid-2nd and 3rd picks. Hopefully the 49ers or someone in that range will want to jump up for someone.

Grigson has made some solid picks. Where he gets blasted is for the poor choices with the Colts' first round picks outside of Luck. Trading one of them; then whiffing on the German.

But look at his very strong work on the Undrafted Free Agents and waiver pickups. That is where a GM can make a good living, and Grigson has been excellent at it.

Grigson has made some solid picks. Where he gets blasted is for the poor choices with the Colts' first round picks outside of Luck. Trading one of them; then whiffing on the German.

But look at his very strong work on the Undrafted Free Agents and waiver pickups. That is where a GM can make a good living, and Grigson has been excellent at it.

And to be honest, he doesn't even get get credit for the Luck pick because that was a Jim Irsay pick that was made before Grigson got there. Plus it wasn't a hard pick to make.

So really he's 0-2 in 1st round draft picks. This is Grigon's most important draft since 2012. He can't miss on another 1st round pick and expect to keep his job unless picks 2-6 all turn out to be stars.

No visit from Adrian Amos, but his Pro Day numbers are eye-catching:  40-yard dash: 4.37 and 4.4 seconds 

Bench press: 21 reps of 225 pounds. He is rated 3-4 round on NFL.com and 4-5 round on CBS.

Scouts Inc. has him middle late 4th round, 1 point more and right above Geathers.

And to be honest, he doesn't even get get credit for the Luck pick because that was a Jim Irsay pick that was made before Grigson got there. Plus it wasn't a hard pick to make.

So really he's 0-2 in 1st round draft picks. This is Grigon's most important draft since 2012. He can't miss on another 1st round pick and expect to keep his job unless picks 2-6 all turn out to be stars.

I agree...and to his credit, he's made some solid picks in the mid-late rounds plus the Vontae trade.

I've been a pretty ardent defender of his, but there's been enough of a "roster change" grace period. There are too many hypotheticals to know whether avoiding the TRich/Werner missteps would have pulled us even with or beyond the Patriots....but in the final analysis, we couldn't have screwed those two 1st round decisions up much worse.

Grigson has 3 straight playoff seasons and our incremental playoff advancement to show for his GM efforts, and that certainly counts for something....but the next 12 to 24 months probably hold his job security in the balance.

The Colts also reportedly went to visit Demarious Randall too. Grigs is approaching this the right way, IMO. Sign Lowery to fill a hole in the roster knowing that he really wants a talent upgrade at S. He has the luxury of drafting one of the safties at their proper value rather than having to go get Collins or someone else out of an immediate need.

As far as your other post about wanting quality over quantity, I agree too, but I'm not sure there is much of a difference in players between #29 and #50 in this draft...no real impact player at #29. So why not trade down and have picks #45, #61, #77, and #93. Some of the BPAs at RT, ILB, DT, and even RB or CB could also be picked in that range. Of course, trading down requires a partner.

the quality over quantity thing was about his free agency not drafting