Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LeGarrette Blount suspended.

Dustin

Or maybe it was for being in cahoots with the Patriots to manipulate free agency so he could get passed up in the waiver wire, then resign with the Pats anyways for a reduced salary to help the team win a Superbowl ring. Well played, Mr. Blount. Well played.

Roto:
NFL suspended Patriots RB LeGarrette Blount one game for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

Blount was arrested for marijuana possession last August. The charges were withdrawn after Blount completed 50 hours of community service....Ex-teammate Le'Veon Bell is facing a stiffer punishment in the same case, as he was also charged with driving under the influence.

I never understand why NFL athletes get busted for smoking pot. You're just costing yourself money. Guys have vices sure: Booze, women, lavish spending habits etc. 

Maybe he grew up poor as a kid & this was an acceptable form of escapism from his impoverished background I don't know, but I think a lot of guys think they are invincible & that the money will last forever. It doesn't. 

I never understand why NFL athletes get busted for smoking pot. You're just costing yourself money. Guys have vices sure: Booze, women, lavish spending habits etc. 

Maybe he grew up poor as a kid & this was an acceptable form of escapism from his impoverished background I don't know, but I think a lot of guys think they are invincible & that the money will last forever. It doesn't. 

Pot may not be physical addictive but it is real mentally addictive. What I have seen from most people that I know who smoke weed that they can quit anytime they want. Very few must want to quit that's for sure. To some it makes no difference if a job is on the line. I have nothing against pot but when it comes to your livelihood if your not mentally strong enough to not smoke it then that's on you. When you sign a contract with stipulations and rules that prohibit that then pay the price. I always felt there was a time and a place to enjoy pot if you want to but not when you are getting paid not to do it. IMO it is being mentally weak.

Most likely what the game will be.

It could but I think the Jets are more likely given the Boston/NY draw and the fact that Revis went there. Also, playing them in the first week is great for the network as they can't have a losing record in week 1. haha

It could but I think the Jets are more likely given the Boston/NY draw and the fact that Revis went there. Also, playing them in the first week is great for the network as they can't have a losing record in week 1. haha

Without Rex I think it makes it less likely.

Without Rex I think it makes it less likely.

Possibly but there really is no rivalry to speak of with the Steelers as the Pats have owned them. I think it may be a better game because Pitt is better than the Jets but I still think Boston/NY draw wins out. We should know soon ...

Or maybe it was for being in cahoots with the Patriots to manipulate free agency so he could get passed up in the waiver wire, then resign with the Pats anyways for a reduced salary to help the team win a Superbowl ring. Well played, Mr. Blount. Well played.

OK, I'll play along...

How in the world would anything remotely similar to this scenario actually happen? A player going through waivers can be picked up by 31 teams. To circumvent the system, you would need cooperation from all of them. 

All ears here, give us your best conspiracy theory.  :thmup:

OK, I'll play along...

How in the world would anything remotely similar to this scenario actually happen? A player going through waivers can be picked up by 31 teams. To circumvent the system, you would need cooperation from all of them. 

All ears here, give us your best conspiracy theory.  :thmup:

It was reported that Roger Goodell told the other 30 teams to not put a claim in on Blount . The NFL wanted the Patriots to win Superbowl 49 so Krafty could replace the SB ring that he said Putin stole.

It was reported that Roger Goodell told the other 30 teams to not put a claim in on Blount . The NFL wanted the Patriots to win Superbowl 49 so Krafty could replace the SB ring that he said Putin stole.

Pass the Blount!