Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign Vincent Brown

NBColtsFanatic

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depth signing. Someone to come in and compete for a roster spot and push guys. I like how Grigs always turns over the bottom of his roster....those guys on the bottom need to be pushed to inspire better play out of them. We don't need any hanger ons...we need everyone working hard to get better.

I mean nice signing, but why? He's a really good number 4 WR, but we already have AJ, Hilton, Moncrief, Carter, and Whalen. So I guess now Whalen's gone or we'll carry 6 again, but Jackson will be lucky to get many snaps unless carter turns out to be a complete bust.

I mean nice signing, but why? He's a really good number 4 WR, but we already have AJ, Hilton, Moncrief, Carter, and Whalen. So I guess now Whalen's gone or we'll carry 6 again, but Jackson will be lucky to get many snaps unless carter turns out to be a complete bust.

Low risk, high reward signing. When healthy, Brown's a solid WR. Why not stack the bottom of your WR corps with solid players instead if relying on a Josh Lenz if a starter goes down?

I disagree. Brown may not even make the final roster. I don't think it stops us from drafting a WR at all.

If a third round talent falls to us in the sixth, I'm sure we'll take him.  I just don't think we'll go out of our way to pick a WR.

Well.....this gives us something to talk about in the off season. I don't think we'll be talking Vincent Brown in the regular season. Just a hunch.

I have mixed feelings on this....coming here might make a huge difference for him.  Everyone we are 1 injury away from mediocrity at WR.

He has shown flashes of being a solid receiver.  Nicks did not accept HIS opportunity...will Vincent Brown?

Whalen isn't under contract with us he is a RFA that we have not made an offer to

jackson who?

Griff Whalen signed a 2 year, $900,000 contract with the Indianapolis Colts, including an average annual salary of $450,000. In 2015, Whalen will earn a base salary of $585,000. Whalen has a cap hit of $585,000.

I don't see anything about him being an RFA.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7949/griff-whalen

Rotoworld too has him as $585k for 2015. What am I missing?

Griff Whalen signed a 2 year, $900,000 contract with the Indianapolis Colts, including an average annual salary of $450,000. In 2015, Whalen will earn a base salary of $585,000. Whalen has a cap hit of $585,000.

I don't see anything about him being an RFA.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7949/griff-whalen

Rotoworld too has him as $585k for 2015. What am I missing?

Looks like I'm the one missing the boat on this I stand corrected

Rotoworld's last story on him is from his January call up following McNary's arrest so I am not sure it is accurate

the NFL page does not have in the Colts Transaction list

Under his contract (click on "view contract details") it has him with 585k salary for 2015. Forget the last "story" on him, there hasn't been anything to speak of on him since then. Rotoworld's contracts are generally spot on.