Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano: Nate Irving can compete for a starting spot.

Dustin

Freeman has not signed yet I think thatʻs why they signed Irving, if another team makes  him a better offer we can match it or let him walk and get another 2nd rd. pick from the team that signs him

why would we get a second from the team that signs him? we only got 1 seventh for bethea, brown and someone else.

I think if healthy Irving and DQ with Freeman coming in on passing downs. Freeman is part of the problem against the run IMO good in coverage great at blitzing but can't shed blocks

I read many places it was the MCL as well We will know we camp starts either way very good signing for the future even if the future is week 8

Substitute him in on passing downs / situations? 

I think that is playing with fire. I hate that phrase. What really is a passing or running down/situation in this league anymore? Teams are throwing at an unprecedented rate. I think a good qb would see our personell and think that the middle of the field is open if we kept two run stopping LBs in together. I say you mix and match.

I expect him to have a starting role come the start of the new season, I think he beats out Freeman IMO. 

I don't think he does but I think he will replace Freeman next year. He'll play some but he'll be the 3rd ILB. He'll come in and play in short yardage situations. Next year he'll start. Freeman will be gone.

I think if healthy Irving and DQ with Freeman coming in on passing downs. Freeman is part of the problem against the run IMO good in coverage great at blitzing but can't shed blocks

I read many places it was the MCL as well We will know we camp starts either way very good signing for the future even if the future is week 8

Ya, Freeman is a sure tackler, covers well for an ILB but he can get swallowed up by blockers.

because the fan vote has made the pro bowl a waste of time and down right dumb if that's your logic i feel bad for you

D'Qwell Stat line: 138 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 FF, 1 int

Freeman Stat line : 95 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 1FF

Numbers don't lie, im a big fan of Freeman's and when the Jackson signing occurred i wasn't the least bit thrilled at first, but i cant deny the production. 

D'Qwell Stat line: 138 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 FF, 1 int

Freeman Stat line : 95 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 1FF

Numbers don't lie, im a big fan of Freeman's and when the Jackson signing occurred i wasn't the least bit thrilled at first, but i cant deny the production. 

Numbers don't lie but can be deceiving Freeman had a bit of a down year because of injuries he missed 4 games but played well when he returned. and those numbers don't show how bad jackson was in pass coverage and how average he was against the run although he improved after the patriots game.

why would we get a second from the team that signs him? we only got 1 seventh for bethea, brown and someone else.

because Freeman is a restricted Free Agent. He either signs with us or someone else makes him an offer AND gives us a 2nd rounder for him.

- whoops just saw that someone already said this to you.

I see 2 people explained to you why a 2nd rd pick but no team will sign him so he will be back unless he quits and goes back to CFL cause they offered more $....lol

because the fan vote has made the pro bowl a waste of time and down right dumb if that's your logic i feel bad for you

He didn't get to the pro bowl solely riding on the fan vote, so your logic is flawed as well. Fellow NFL players and coaches must of thought he was worthy of their votes as well.

Numbers don't lie but can be deceiving Freeman had a bit of a down year because of injuries he missed 4 games but played well when he returned. and those numbers don't show how bad jackson was in pass coverage and how average he was against the run although he improved after the patriots game.

Ok so if i average the amount of tackles Freeman had in 12 games starting which is 95 / 12 =7.9. multiply that by the 4 games he missed 7.9 x 4 =31.6 add that to his already 95 tackles, statistically he would have had around 126.6 tackles on the season which is still 12 less than a much older D'Qwell jackson. 

Ok so if i average the amount of tackles Freeman had in 12 games starting which is 95 / 12 =7.9. multiply that by the 4 games he missed 7.9 x 4 =31.6 add that to his already 95 tackles, statistically he would have had around 126.6 tackles on the season which is still 12 less than a much older D'Qwell jackson. 

Tackles can be a very deceiving stat line to compare to another player.

I agree with you 100% but the previous poster is running soley off of intangibles. Im just using statistics to prove a point. 

i think Irving and Freeman are better than Jackson, whom i want off the team because he's an overpaid bad decision making old liability who i wasn't thrilled about signing for 22 million, and who gave the team bad publicity by assaulting someone, he sucks.

but this is my opinion he's not a good player and i hope he's replaced soon :rantoff::hat:  have a nice day