Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trent Richardson at draft told fellow player "I don't really love football."

Dustin

If I remember correctly, Bradshaw got injured & we desperately needed a thumper workhorse back so Grigs traded a 1st round pick for Trent Richardson. I won't blame Grigs because I liked TR's size & figured he make his presence known against tough defensive fronts. We were both wrong.

Maybe you are right Gramz. TR did have moderate success running the ball for the Browns, but I can't recall back that far with any great level of detail though. HOF RB Jim Brown never thought much of him though or Mike Holmgren who drafted him in 2012.

Bradshaw didn't get injured until after the trade was made

There's a huge different between Trent and DHB.

One was a free agent who only signed a one-year contract.

The other we traded a first round pick for.     We were anchored to Trent because of his guaranteed contract.

And he showed little recognition of how to be a professional.   And now that he's gone, he shows even less recognition of his responsibility of why it didn't work out with the Colts.

It's everyone else's fault,  not Trent.

I have no problem with anyone slamming Trent.   He's brought the hate on himself.    He's practically begged for it.

You do have a good point DHB did have a solid work ethic with lightning speed. He just couldn't catch anything when you needed him most. Versus TR who had this air about him that he didn't give a darn whether he was pulling his weight on the team or not NCF. That's how I perceived the situation anyway. 

You do have a good point DHB did have a solid work ethic with lightning speed. He just couldn't catch anything when you needed him most. Versus TR who had this air about him that he didn't give a darn whether he was pulling his weight on the team or not NCF. That's how I perceived the situation anyway. 

Besides the fact that DHB couldn't catch, the thing that always teed me off about him was he had all that speed and could never separate from anybody.   Donnie Avery used to get some separation but he dropped the ball too much for my taste.  DHB on the other hand could never get any separation on any route except the crossing route. That was the only route he could even catch.

How would he have been a good fit ? Logically he would have played better then he did in Indy because the line is better, but logically anyone else would also improve behind that line.

If he needs the best line in the NFL to become average then he stinks. Its not like they run schemes that would utilize Trent's talents, because he has shown none. He would pick up more yards behind a better line, as would every other back who suddenly got a better line. How does it make a good fit ?

Let's say your ride a moped to work, one day there is no traffic and all the lights are green and you go full blast on your moped, you get to work that day faster then ever before.

Now let's say you drive a Corvette and its the same with no traffic and no stop lights and you go full blast.

Yes the moped did better when compared to the times there was traffic, but the Corvette also improved and made the moped seem to be standing still. Trent's the moped.

How would he have been a good fit ? Logically he would have played better then he did in Indy because the line is better, but logically anyone else would also improve behind that line.

If he needs the best line in the NFL to become average then he stinks. Its not like they run schemes that would utilize Trent's talents, because he has shown none. He would pick up more yards behind a better line, as would every other back who suddenly got a better line. How does it make a good fit ?

Let's say your ride a moped to work, one day there is no traffic and all the lights are green and you go full blast on your moped, you get to work that day faster then ever before.

Now let's say you drive a Corvette and its the same with no traffic and no stop lights and you go full blast.

Yes the moped did better when compared to the times there was traffic, but the Corvette also improved and made the moped seem to be standing still. Trent's the moped.

Exactly.  I laugh everytime I read that Dallas is a good fit.  

Seriously.  Why the obsession with him, and wanting to knock him..??

He's moved on to another team, which is what the majority here wanted, yet there are still topics started about him daily.   I don't get it.

Because he is a scrub who not only did not help the team; he actually hurt it ... he also had a smug attitude and insisted on blaming everyone/anything else other than himself for his failures ... this newest revelation about his comments about not loving football is just further proof.

Many including myself won't feel fully satisfied until he has washed out of the league, is broke, and bagging groceries!

Because he is a scrub who not only did not help the team; he actually hurt it ... he also had a smug attitude and insisted on blaming everyone/anything else other than himself for his failures ... this newest revelation about his comments about not loving football is just further proof.

Many including myself won't feel fully satisfied until he has washed out of the league, is broke, and bagging groceries!

time to get over it.....

2d27c36262c597ecd224d63dde88818e.jpg

time to get over it.....

2d27c36262c597ecd224d63dde88818e.jpg

I am not unhappy because of it anymore, but seeing him fail epically would bring me unexpected extra happiness. :banana:  Kinda like finding money you didn't know you had in the pocket of a jacket you hadn't worn in a long time ... lol 

I am not unhappy because of it anymore, but seeing him fail epically would bring me unexpected extra happiness. :banana: Kinda like finding money you didn't know you had in the pocket of a jacket you hadn't worn in a long time ... lol

I get that and I really do understand the disappointment so many feel. I personally have the attitude that he didn't work out well here, and he's moved on, and I don't wish any ill will on him.

Time to concentrate on the direction the team is now taking with new players.

no Trent wouldn't be average he wasn't average in Cleveland 12tds I'm not sure but I think he had 250-450 receiving .. Had he been average we wouldn't of gave a first rd pick for him .. Flat out didn't fit here . Watch him in Cleveland he played with hungar .. I was happy when we got him .. It just didn't work out . As for last year we didn't have 1 rb with 100 yards rushing .. That's just sick.. From center to RT was Russian roulette .. I think will be better this year

What fellow player did he say this to?

Details on this seem to be lacking.

ESPN just reported that the other player was Tim Tebow who told Rex Ryan who told Tom Brady who told Pete Carrol who told Johnny Manziel who told Jerry Jones who told Greg Cossel.

I believe that's the usual ESPN talking points.

Maybe he will feel differently with a different team.  I don't think we really want a player that admits he doesn't really love what he's doing.  A lot of people don't "love" their job.  But, they do it to pay the bills.  The environment and people you are with can make a big difference in your attitude. Maybe his will be better with other players.  And, maybe our players will be better without his.  I certainly hope so......

no Trent wouldn't be average he wasn't average in Cleveland 12tds I'm not sure but I think he had 250-450 receiving .. Had he been average we wouldn't of gave a first rd pick for him .. Flat out didn't fit here . Watch him in Cleveland he played with hungar .. I was happy when we got him .. It just didn't work out . As for last year we didn't have 1 rb with 100 yards rushing .. That's just sick.. From center to RT was Russian roulette .. I think will be better this year

He was average at best in Cleveland. His numbers were no better then Ballards, he just got more touchdowns because nobody on that team could throw.

He didn't break 1000 yards rushing, he had less the league average 4 ypc. He wasn't exceptional.

Go look for a highlight reel from his time with the Browns, you won't find one. Its hard to make a highlight reel when he can't break a big run. Put the ball om the 1 yard line and give Trent 3 downs to try and pound it in and he might score, but to me that isn't all that impressive.

You don't trade an impressive back after one season for only a fraction of what you paid for him.

There's a huge different between Trent and DHB.

One was a free agent who only signed a one-year contract.

The other we traded a first round pick for.     We were anchored to Trent because of his guaranteed contract.

And he showed little recognition of how to be a professional.   And now that he's gone, he shows even less recognition of his responsibility of why it didn't work out with the Colts.

It's everyone else's fault,  not Trent.

I have no problem with anyone slamming Trent.   He's brought the hate on himself.    He's practically begged for it.

Yes, Grigs paid a much heftier price to secure TR's services vs DHB's in terms of what INDY paid to get them that's true NCF. I just meant that neither player lived up to their expectations & under performed on the field in both cases. As long as Grigs learned not to throw away a #1 draft pick on a hoe hum nothing to write home about RB anymore, I'm fine with it. We all make mistakes just don't duplicate the same one again. That's all I ask. 

Maybe he will feel differently with a different team.  I don't think we really want a player that admits he doesn't really love what he's doing.  A lot of people don't "love" their job.  But, they do it to pay the bills.  The environment and people you are with can make a big difference in your attitude. Maybe his will be better with other players.  And, maybe our players will be better without his.  I certainly hope so......

That is a very balanced approach RG & well articulated too. But, signing to the Raiders is like strapping C4 explosives around your chest to end your migraine headaches. John Madden & Jon Gruden are the only really successful coaches there. 

Translation: Even with Derrick Carr at QB & TR at RB, Oakland like their colors will be dark & dim on the victory front. The money will put gas in the bentley sure, but losing will still be rampant there I'm afraid. 

Maybe HC Jack Del Rio can give the black hole fire or just an abyss into nothingness. Trent Richardson won't guarantee Rio job security that's for sure. 

That is a very balanced approach RG & well articulated too. But, signing to the Raiders is like strapping C4 explosives around your chest to end your migraine headaches. John Madden & Jon Gruden are the only really successful coaches there. 

Translation: Even with Derrick Carr at QB & TR at RB, Oakland like their colors will be dark & dim on the victory front. The money will put gas in the bentley sure, but losing will still be rampant there I'm afraid. 

Maybe HC Jack Del Rio can give the black hole fire or just an abyss into nothingness. Trent Richardson won't guarantee Rio job security that's for sure. 

Then let the abyss begin.  A player with an attitude of no passion or fire won't do us any favors....