Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trent Richardson at draft told fellow player "I don't really love football."

Dustin

I'm sure he loved the money and getting to ride around in a big hummer that was paid for by Alabama when he was in the state playing for that abomination of a college that people only know of (and like) cause the stupid football team (check Alabama's academic programs and results. They're a terrible college outside of blowing millions on that stupid team. There is a reason smart kids often decline a scholarship to go there and beg to attend Duke instead). Alabama totally runs a pay-to-play program. Everyone knew this years ago. 

I'm sure he loved the money and getting to ride around in a big hummer that was paid for by Alabama when he was in the state playing for that abomination of a college that people only know of (and like) cause the stupid football team (check Alabama's academic programs and results. They're a terrible college outside of blowing millions on that stupid team. There is a reason smart kids often decline a scholarship to go there and beg to attend Duke instead). Alabama totally was paying him to play. It's pretty obvious when your financial records show you spent 53 million bucks in just one year on athletic programs and nothing on education. If jocks were forced to actually go through academics like they are at Stanford, this wouldn't be such a problem but thankfully in my state they can get a free pass cause athletic abilities > mindful intelligence in the wasteland.

Where do you think the money came from genius?

FOOTBALL

Duh. When your college spends 53 million dollars on football and nothing on education, yet no one cares how bad Alabama's academic programs are cause they want to watch men slam their bodies into another, and these jocks who get a free ride into a college just for doing that. Alabama as a University sucks. They aren't a top ranked school in terms of academics just for that reason since in the south athletic abilities > intelligence. 

Duh. When your college spends 53 million dollars on football and nothing on education, yet no one cares how bad Alabama's academic programs are cause they want to watch men slam their bodies into another, and these jocks who get a free ride into a college just for doing that. Alabama as a University sucks. They aren't a top ranked school in terms of academics just for that reason since in the south athletic abilities > intelligence.

Apparently you didn't click on the link I provided. It clearly states that the football program provided 6.5 million from their money to academics. The football program also pays the bills for the other sports that lose,money. But, please don't let the facts get in the way of your nonsense. I mean, why change now

Your love/hate relationship with football isn't as fascinating as you might think. 

perhaps thats why luck never really seem to like richardson in my opinion. you just never saw a relationship between the two like you see luck with everyone else. 

What in the world are you talking about?

What didn't you see with Luck/TRich that you saw with Luck and everyone else?

Honestly,   I think you're seeing things.....

If Luck didn't like someone,  you'd likely never ever know it.

Luck has been here for three years -- and you still haven't figured him out by now?!?

perhaps thats why luck never really seem to like richardson in my opinion. you just never saw a relationship between the two like you see luck with everyone else.

You never saw Luck celebrate with him because he never scored. That's all.

Seriously.  Why the obsession with him, and wanting to knock him..??

He's moved on to another team, which is what the majority here wanted, yet there are still topics started about him daily.   I don't get it.

Agree, T Rich always got the board very heated. And still does.

What in the world are you talking about?

What didn't you see with Luck/TRich that you saw with Luck and everyone else?

Honestly,   I think you're seeing things.....

If Luck didn't like someone,  you'd likely never ever know it.

Luck has been here for three years -- and you still haven't figured him out by now?!?

did you ever see them celebrate together, talk on the sideline together, workout together? TY? yes reggie? yes. bradshaw? yes. his oline? yes. coby and dwayne? yes

did you ever see them celebrate together, talk on the sideline together, workout together? TY? yes reggie? yes. bradshaw? yes. his oline? yes. coby and dwayne? yes

Yes, he celebrated with Richardson, he talked with Richardson on the sideline. Not that either of those things equates to being or not being friends

Seriously.  Why the obsession with him, and wanting to knock him..??

He's moved on to another team, which is what the majority here wanted, yet there are still topics started about him daily.   I don't get it.

I'm totally with you, I'd like his shadow to disperse, but....we have to understand, this will continue until he's out of the league. He represents one of the biggest set backs our GM has encountered. This guy (Trent) wasn't a Free Agent signing. We gave up a 1st round pick (only 1 season after getting burned on a 1st round pick 'Werner') and we got absolutely nothing out of him that any other undrafted scrub could've given us. 

He will stand to symbolize a pretty significant failure of our organization as long as he remains in the league. I suppose people feel like continuing to burn him in effigy will somehow diminish the sting. 

I'm glad TR is no longer a Colts teammate just like Darrius Heyward-Bey who didn't exactly dazzle INDY with his stellar production either. 2 experiments that failed. I've moved on & I'm grateful Grigs never gave them longterm contracts. 

Both Bogie & Jvan are friends of mine whose contributions I value for different reasons--Jvan for his far reaching knowledge of football & it's historical lore & Bogie for his vast old school movie & elaborate musical wisdom. 

I will never slam either one of them ever. Enough said. 

Even if its true, why is this news coming out now?.

Yeah, the timing of that tweet is kind of odd Shane. I agree. I wonder what HC Jack Del Rio is thinking right about now? Hmmm...He can't be overjoyed about this revelation even if it is almost irrelevant now in 2015. 

Holy cow.....

Celebrate?   Whenever Trent scored -- which wasn't very often.

Talk on the sidelines?    I watch the games on TV, there aren't many shots of Luck on the sidelines.

Workout together?     Are we talking practice?    I assume they worked out whenever they were supposed to,  beyond that I have no idea?     

You're seeing things....   and reading too much into it.

not surprising guy never seemed motivated

The sarcastic side of my personality wonders how motivated does a guy have to be to get handed the ball, run to the biggest pile of congestion, & fall down over & over again? 

The cognitive side of my brain says how in the world did he play so fantastic against the Niners right after we traded for him & suck every game after that? Why was Cleveland so distraught as a fan base over losing him too in hindsight? It's like like the Browns lost a HOF running back. That will always baffle me. Cleveland's collective dismay over losing him off their roster. What the hades for?

Shouldn't they have been celebrating or at least giving each other high 5's in the front office like a used car salesman selling a lemon off the lot to a unsuspecting customer for a large commission in their own pocket? 

I'm glad TR is no longer a Colts teammate just like Darrius Heyward-Bey who didn't exactly dazzle INDY with his stellar production either. 2 experiments that failed. I've moved on & I'm grateful Grigs never gave them longterm contracts. 

Both Bogie & Jvan are friends of mine whose contributions I value for different reasons--Jvan for his far reaching knowledge of football & it's historical lore & Bogie for his vast old school movie & elaborate musical wisdom. 

I will never slam either one of them ever. Enough said. 

There's a huge different between Trent and DHB.

One was a free agent who only signed a one-year contract.

The other we traded a first round pick for.     We were anchored to Trent because of his guaranteed contract.

And he showed little recognition of how to be a professional.   And now that he's gone, he shows even less recognition of his responsibility of why it didn't work out with the Colts.

It's everyone else's fault,  not Trent.

I have no problem with anyone slamming Trent.   He's brought the hate on himself.    He's practically begged for it.

Why was Cleveland so distraught as a fan base over losing him too in hindsight? It's like like the Browns lost a HOF running back. That will always baffle me. Cleveland's collective dismay over losing him off their roster. What the hades for?

Because he did play well in Cleveland, so well,  that our front office felt it was a good move to trade for him.  

I honestly would not be surprised if more players felt this way.  When you are athletically gifted and hit the genes lottery people just expect and push you towards sports.  I saw it with some of my friends who were just pretty good at soccer and basketball.  Their parents were dragging them all over the country going to travel tournaments and camps.  Yet, when we would hang out they were clear that they did not love the sport anymore that we grew up as kids playing.  So I can imagine when you are at the level of Trent growing up in middle school, high school, and college.

A lot of athletes have said that sports was their only escape from their neighborhood.  So I think some of these players just use what gifts they were given as a way to get out and not necessarily love the sport and then they get caught up in the world for a bit and just never are honest with each other.  Heck, probably some fear the backlash to just say I am not happy playing and want to do something else.  We saw some of the backlash from Borland saying hey I do not want my head scrambled when I am 40.  I can imagine what it would be if someone just said I am not truly happy playing this sport.  

Him being truly unhappy and not loving football would explain a lot.

I'm glad TR is no longer a Colts teammate just like Darrius Heyward-Bey who didn't exactly dazzle INDY with his stellar production either.

My favorite part was when Heyward-Bey was with the Steelers and against Indy he fumbled the ball after making a reception. Poetic justice.

Because he did play well in Cleveland, so well,  that our front office felt it was a good move to trade for him.  

If I remember correctly, Bradshaw got injured & we desperately needed a thumper workhorse back so Grigs traded a 1st round pick for Trent Richardson. I won't blame Grigs because I liked TR's size & figured he make his presence known against tough defensive fronts. We were both wrong. 

Maybe you are right Gramz. TR did have moderate success running the ball for the Browns, but I can't recall back that far with any great level of detail though. HOF RB Jim Brown never thought much of him though or Mike Holmgren who drafted him in 2012.