Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What non big name FA do you want

I'd like to sign Buster Skrine, 110 tackles, 36 pass deflections, and 5 INTs over the last two seasons.  He's a small corner but he's also very fast.  Ran a 4.37 40 time, 10 ft 2 in Broad Jump, and a 37 inch vertical jump. 

I love Skrine, but remember the thread about him wanting 8mill per? LOL.

I like Roy Helu, searcy, boling, Melton, Langford are guys I would like to see us target. Along with perhaps Johnson if he hits free agency and I know I know I would like us to target one of the 49ers ILBs as they have a slew and a couple big contract ones in bowman and Willis. Ok so Helu is the only one that is under rated. Like him on 3rd down.

I no ill be in the minority here but id like to sign Ahtyba Rubin NT from the browns, only 28 and very solid stats, would make a nice roational NT for us and should come cheap. Browns werent great againt the run last season but Rubin seemed to be one of the bright spots when he was on the field.

I'd like to bring Hughes back but I don't know if he would fit well in our system.  

That's what the group thinking is......But its wrong(It only takes a little bit of research and watching of a couple of there games last year to see that)...The Bills basically run the same system we run here, Hughes was not let go because he did not fit our system or because he did not produce his last year in our system...He did in limited snaps, I cant say for 100% why he was let go but I'd bet money it had to do with his temper on field and locker room fit and attitude.. Just a guess based on his comments after he was traded, His off field trouble since going to Buffalo (He got caught with a teammate speed racing...Forgets who with...Dareus I think)

That's what the group thinking is......But its wrong(It only takes a little bit of research and watching of a couple of there games last year to see that)...The Bills basically run the same system we run here, Hughes was not let go because he did not fit our system or because he did not produce his last year in our system...He did in limited snaps, I cant say for 100% why he was let go but I'd bet money it had to do with his temper on field and locker room fit and attitude.. Just a guess based on his comments after he was traded, His off field trouble since going to Buffalo (He got caught with a teammate speed racing...Forgets who with...Dareus I think)

I watched some clips of Hughes and you're right.  Their defense is very similar and he stands ups as a OLB most of the time.  I think with a good d-line he can excel in that defensive scheme.  I now think he would be a good addition to our defense, but he needs to get the on and off the field issues cleared up and I'd sign him if he doesn't command a too expensive contract.    

Steven Ridley and Eddie Royal

Jerry Hughes, I have no idea what the infatuation with Jared Odrick is, Searcy yes, Moreno if healthy

Doubt Hughes would want to come back.  I think that bridge was sort of burned when we traded him away for peanuts.