Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I know who Colts are taking 1st Round

BOOKMARK THIS NOW!

With the 29th pick in the 2015 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select TJ Clemmings OT Pittsburgh

Grigson and Co have said that combine results shouldn't shift their direction on who they want

The Colts will love a guy like Clemmings who could play inside at RG go to RT if Cherilus is cut or not retained in 2016 or WCS move to LT if Castonzo isn't re-signed.

OT depth is needed badly in the worst way

BOOKMARK THIS NOW!

With the 29th pick in the 2015 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select TJ Clemmings OT Pittsburgh

Grigson and Co have said that combine results shouldn't shift their direction on who they want

The Colts will love a guy like Clemmings who could play inside at RG go to RT if Cherilus is cut or not retained in 2016 or WCS move to LT if Castonzo isn't re-signed.

Dan.....

Love the enthusiasm....   but the draft is more than two more months off -- late April.   Very late April.

At this rate,  you're going to stroke out long before we get there!    You'll never even know if your latest prediction becomes a reality!

Take a deep breath.    It's a long and wild and often unpredictable ride....   enjoy it!

That said,  I'd be very happy with a first round OL.     A great offensive line makes everything else so much easier.

Just ask Dallas......

BOOKMARK THIS NOW!

Grigson said the combine shouldn't shift their direction on who they want. Just exactly how do you know who they want? I doubt at this time Grigson hasn't made up his mind on who he wants. If he does it is subject to change at anytime. There are 28 picks in front of us so to point at one player is useless.

i like Derrick Lott and Bobby McCain out of that group i chose Lott as a late round pick of ours in my first mock

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/derrick-lott?id=2552561seems like a solid big D-lineman who fits our scheme and can provide some pass rush

Here's McCain's profile seems like a solid gutsy slot corner http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/bobby-mccain?id=2552434

i like Derrick Lott and Bobby McCain out of that group i chose Lott as a late round pick of ours in my first mock

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/derrick-lott?id=2552561seems like a solid big D-lineman who fits our scheme and can provide some pass rush

Here's McCain's profile seems like a solid gutsy slot corner http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/bobby-mccain?id=2552434

I really like Lott too. He could develop into a really useful interior pass rusher.

Hoping we get Williams in FA for DL

i heard Arizona was trying to resign him could be wrong i like the idea of adding a free agent for the d-line but maybe not nick Fairley like Ive said in the past maybe some solid veterans we could get cheaper like Kevin Vickerson or Henry Melton if he can play 3-4 i believe he's only played 4-3

Something is telling me Perryman. Even weirder, I'm starting to get this feeling Grigson is going to draft him and Stephone Anthony. It'll be like 2012 when he got Fleener and Allen. IDK something about Perryman just seems like he's probably one of the top 10 highest rated players on our board since it's already set.

Something is telling me Perryman. Even weirder, I'm starting to get this feeling Grigson is going to draft him and Stephone Anthony. It'll be like 2012 when he got Fleener and Allen. IDK something about Perryman just seems like he's probably one of the top 10 highest rated players on our board since it's already set.

Mainly because he reminds a whole lot of Ray Lewis.  I'm sure Chuck and Grigs will pounce if it's available.

I really like Perryman I think he would bring a toughness to this D that we really need. That is who I want which means there is little to know chance that we draft him.

I am guessing DL or OL depending on how the draft plays out unless something crazy happens like Collins not running well and slipping to 29.   

Another guy I really like is Hardison. I have had my eye on him since the Irish were killed by ASU. He caused both our T's all kinds of problems. He was kind of a sleeper until the Senior Bowl now he's moving up draft boards.  We can take him off our list as well. Grig's has never went my way.  

Clemmings got worked in the Senior Bowl. He's a project, I would pass. Plus, I don't think he could play guard so he likely wouldn't contribute right away.

Meh, they had him play On the left side where he has never played before. I don't think teams will hold that against him too much....especially considering he is relatively new to the offensive side of the ball to begin with.

So many ways we can go this year.  I think we'll add an OT later (I like Sean Hickey out of Syracuse in the 4th).  We're stuck with Cherilus for this year, and Costanzo should get a big extension soon - I'd like to take a shot at increasing depth at OT, and if we get a hit, we won't have to use a 1st rounder on it next year.  The 1st rounder I have handicapped something like this:

DLArik Armstead

ILB Denzel Perryman

CB Kevin Johnson

DL Michael Bennett

CB Quinten Rollins

ILB Erik Hendricks

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:20 PM

Leon, on 18 Feb 2015 - 8:47 PM, said:snapback.png

i just kind of have a feeling we are gonna take La'el Collins if he is there

I would love getting lael Collins round 1 to start at RG, then at RT in 2016. We should bring in a Dan Williams or haloti ngata in free agency. Strengthen the trenches!

I'd be happy with either La'el Collins or Landon Collins in the first round.  I have little faith either will be on the board by the time we get to pick.  :(