Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots investigation (merge)

dw49

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh you in particular miss a lot. It is obvious when you try to act like others think, when they don't, that the score of the AFC championship game had anything to do with the psi of the footballs used. Also, your opinion of the investigation is irrelevant.

As is yours .

What do we know?

Nothing .

Not even the PSI.

Or how the NFL refs "measured" anything .

but you would think that games that have been played in far worse temps than a rainy 50 degree night would have presented this issue before now.

For all we know, it has...this is the first time that balls have been re-measured after the initial pre-game check. Had this mid-game check been a standard procedure, there would be a ton of data available to say whether or not a drop at half-time is normal or not.

That's an EZ one Hooshie

MOON + JUPITER                              PATRIOTS   45

---------------------------           =           ------------------------   

CAR  + HAIRBRUSH                           COLTS          7

Your logic is consistent.

If it's ultimately determined that the Pats took their footballs into an area and purposedly deflated them to their preferred specs ...

WHAT SHOULD THE PUNISHMENT BE ?

A) Monetary fine

B) Fine / Loss of 1st round pick

C) Fine / Loss of 1st round pick / Suspensions for Coach and all involved .

D) Fine, stripped of title, and post season ban for 2 years.

For all we know, it has...this is the first time that balls have been re-measured after the initial pre-game check. Had this mid-game check been a standard procedure, there would be a ton of data available to say whether or not a drop at half-time is normal or not.

I'll feed the troll and ignore the fact you just ignored literally everything I said to prove you wrong and only acknowledged the one thing we agreed.

I will agree again, in saying Roger Goodell said in his press conference at media day that he doesn't believe they check balls at halftime regularly so no, I don't believe it is a standard procedure.

Again, we just had Superbowl 49, the game has been played far earlier than just 49 years, in conditions that could sometimes be negative degrees. We are supposed to believe all the balls naturally lost a pound "or more" in psi going from 70s to 50 degrees and rain in 2 quarters and some pregame time? By that logic would the brick that Lawrence Tynes kicked in Green Bay in 2007 or any cold or snow game in the entire history of the game of football be 3-4 or even more PSI under the limit by the end of the game so that the refs placing the ball would feel a considerable difference at least once in the history of the game?

As is yours .

What do we know?

Nothing .

Not even the PSI.

I never said my opinion was relevant, but then I am not the one talking about witch hunts am I? Once the Wells report on the investigation comes out, hopefully we will know the answers to those questions and more.

As is yours .

What do we know?

Nothing .

Not even the PSI.

*YAWN* this again. Bro didn't I tell you like a month ago even before the superbowl during media week that dean blandino confirmed the referees followed protocol which includes gauging (WITH A TOOL - not the dictionary definition of squeezing it like a melon at stop n shop) the balls properly before the game. It's nonfactual garbage like this which is why I have 10 warning points.

*YAWN* this again. Bro didn't I tell you like a month ago even before the superbowl during media week that dean blandino confirmed the referees followed protocol which includes gauging (WITH A TOOL - not the dictionary definition of squeezing it like a melon at stop n shop) the balls properly before the game. It's nonfactual garbage like this which is why I have 10 warning points.

dont get banned. he's trouble maker/instigator

I really wish the NFL would either finish up the investigation or at least do something to confirm or deny the information leaked by "sources" for the past month. Because what happens, when info is out there long enough, is that perception becomes reality. This was never better exemplified than in a recent John Clayton article that referred to Patriots taping other teams' practices as part of "Spygate." That never happened, but Clayton referred to it like it did, and that's how these things tend to go. 

I just want real information. No anonymous sources, no persons "close to the investigation." If the Patriots are guilty of anything nefarious, then punish them accordingly, but if not, then for the love of God let's move on.

I really wish the NFL would either finish up the investigation or at least do something to confirm or deny the information leaked by "sources" for the past month. Because what happens, when info is out there long enough, is that perception becomes reality. This was never better exemplified than in a recent John Clayton article that referred to Patriots taping other teams' practices as part of "Spygate." That never happened, but Clayton referred to it like it did, and that's how these things tend to go. 

I just want real information. No anonymous sources, no persons "close to the investigation." If the Patriots are guilty of anything nefarious, then punish them accordingly, but if not, then for the love of God let's move on.

They videotaped the Rams Superbowl walkthrough. A walkthrough is a slowed down version of practice.

The OTL story featured Mark Baltz, former NFL head linesman. He called the patriots actions "suspicious." He reported seeing odd things with the locker room attendant for years, and that he reported his concerns to the league but nothing ever came of it. He said that he never saw anything unusual out of any other NFL team's locker room attendants, but saw suspicious activity from the patriots on a regular basis.
Polian and Dungy have said Baltz is "very well respected" and "highly praised" by the league at large.

Cue the denial.

Can't tell if that's sarcasm so here you go. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3395152

Google it. There was no walk-through tape. 

Save your breath GOPATS ...

This IS a Deflategate thread  ( on a Colts sight ).

I suggest u just sit back n enjoy the ride

Actually - I have to commend a good amount of posters overall on this COLTS STRONG sight for their well thought out comments .

Bart Hubbuch just tweeted that an unnamed NFL official sold one of the Deflategate balls and has been fired lmao

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/18/report-nfl-fired-employee-who-sold-deflategate-footballs/

Her is profootball talk on it, Schefter broke the story but he works for ESPN so it's not as credible as WEEI or boston herald.

45-7. Had nothing to do with the balls.

This is just ESPN using unnamed sources for ratings . Sad that people think that this is newsworthy.

Nobody said it had anything to do with the outcome of the game except you.....multiple times.

Cheating is cheating. 

Lol, I'm not sure which is more sad:

The people that don't think it's newsworthy because they don't want their team exposed as cheaters..... 

Or that the league is trying to sweep this under the rug and "hope" people will forget about it.

Nobody said it had anything to do with the outcome of the game except you.....multiple times.

Cheating is cheating.

Lol, I'm not sure which is more sad:

The people that don't think it's newsworthy because they don't want their team exposed as cheaters.....

Or that the league is trying to sweep this under the rug and "hope" people will forget about it.

How hard is this for you to understand ?

Never mind that Adam Schefter has now destroyed this story.

Per Adam Schefter, an NFL employee handed the ball to the attendant to give to the official.

And to those thinking an attendant interacting with the team is nefarious. Google Red Lightning

This. Deflate Gate destroyed. An NFL official game McNally the ball to give the other official.

This. Deflate Gate destroyed. An NFL official game McNally the ball to give the other official.

No, you missed the best part. There were two officials doing the game and one was fired after the game for trying to sell the balls on the side for profit. Basically, what's being suggested is that an official swiped out a real ball for a fake one and that the fake was handed to the Patriots attendant, McNally.

Yet again the league looks like the Three Stooges. Kraft is getting so much more than an apology. lol.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report--nfl-official-fired-in-deflate-gate-case-for-selling-football-205328811.html

ROFL

Every single point I stated is 100% accurate. Prove otherwise .

How about your insane claim from the "what punishment is coming" thread where you said every team does at their Super Bowl parade what the pats did (in terms of the trolling and obscene shirts), but you have now ignored my request for a shred of proof for that for over two weeks?

prove that the colts tank

Let's not feed the troll. We had Dan Orlovsky in what looked like the third year of a hangover. We almost won in week 16 or 17 to jacksonville which would have costed us and we almost beat the patriots that year too. Bucs sit their starters in second half of last game this year and subsequently scored zero second half points and gave up 16 fourth quarter points lost by 3 to new orleans but nope we tanked and everyone cares about it.