Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots investigation (merge)

dw49

No, you missed the best part. There were two officials doing the game and one was fired after the game for trying to sell the balls on the side for profit. The balls were handed to McNally by the officials. Yet again the league looks like the Three Stooges. Kraft is getting so much more than an apology. lol.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report--nfl-official-fired-in-deflate-gate-case-for-selling-football-205328811.html

Yep. This is a win-win. Absolves the Patriots, and makes the NFL look like *.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you missed the best part. There were two officials doing the game and one was fired after the game for trying to sell the balls on the side for profit. Basically, what's being suggested is that an official swiped out a real ball for a fake one and that the fake was handed to the Patriots attendant, who clearly was none the wiser.

Yet again the league looks like the Three Stooges. Kraft is getting so much more than an apology. lol.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report--nfl-official-fired-in-deflate-gate-case-for-selling-football-205328811.html

So basically the NFL tried to set us(colts) up to blame you(pats) for "cheating"?

Let's not feed the troll. We had Dan Orlovsky in what looked like the third year of a hangover. We almost won in week 16 or 17 to jacksonville which would have costed us and we almost beat the patriots that year too. Bucs sit their starters in second half of last game this year and subsequently scored zero second half points and gave up 16 fourth quarter points lost by 3 to new orleans but nope we tanked and everyone cares about it.

Once again, reading comprehension . I said that there was as much evidence that the Patriots cheated in the AFCCG as the Colts tanked. That's it.

Let's not feed the troll. We had Dan Orlovsky in what looked like the third year of a hangover. We almost won in week 16 or 17 to jacksonville which would have costed us and we almost beat the patriots that year too. Bucs sit their starters in second half of last game this year and subsequently scored zero second half points and gave up 16 fourth quarter points lost by 3 to new orleans but nope we tanked and everyone cares about it.

And we almost beat the steelers and the Ravens that year. Oh and the Browns and Chiefs too. lol

No, you missed the best part. There were two officials doing the game and one was fired after the game for trying to sell the balls on the side for profit. The balls were handed to McNally by the officials. Yet again the league looks like the Three Stooges. Kraft is getting so much more than an apology. lol.

The post game balls have nothing to do with the deflate gate investigation as to whether the patriots deflated the balls after they were correctly checked pregame and were almost all a pound under at halftime, it's just something stupid on the NFL in addition to the scandal like McNally trying to submit an unapproved kicking ball. McNally is a ball boy so I would imagine the officials would hand balls to him no? Everyone still believes your franchise has a culture of cheating...you are right though, Kraft will definitely be getting a lot more than an apology.

Yep. This is a win-win. Absolves the Patriots, and makes the NFL look like *.

And how.

From the article:

How in the world can the NFL save face and issue any kind of guilt to the Patriots following this news? The answer: They can't. We might as well say "case closed" if the reports are valid.

No, you missed the best part. There were two officials doing the game and one was fired after the game for trying to sell the balls on the side for profit. Basically, what's being suggested is that an official swiped out a real ball for a fake one and that the fake was handed to the Patriots attendant, McNally.

Yet again the league looks like the Three Stooges. Kraft is getting so much more than an apology. lol.

Holy crap, lol...

You really, literally could not make this stuff up. The league needs to finish this investigation and either you-know-what or get off the pot. 

Yes. Mike Kensil is the VP of game operations and he used to be in the FO if the Jets back in 2000.

He is VP of game operations and was alerted something might be wrong, personally measured the balls at halftime and found them off and helped kickstart an investigation which is his job but nope he worked for the Jets 15 years ago he's just out to get the Pats like everyone else on this witch hunt.

He is VP of game operations and was alerted something might be wrong, personally measured the balls at halftime and found them off and helped kickstart an investigation but nope he worked for the Jets 15 years ago he's just out to get the Pats like everyone else on this witch hunt.

He is probably the best suspect. He was with the Jets when Bill resigned. There is a ton of bad blood between the Jets/ Pats from Bill leaving, Mangini going there and trying to take Bill's staff and of course spygate. You can now add Revis to that as well with the Jets being investigated for tampering.

He is probably the best suspect. He was with the Jets when Bill resigned. There is a ton of bad blood between the Jets/ Pats from Bill leaving, Mangini going there and trying to take Bill's staff and of course spygate. You can now add Revis to that as well with the Jets being investigated for tampering.

Oh ok so Mike Kensil personally deflated the balls at halftime of a blowout (I know what you are going to say, it wasn't a complete blowout yet at the time) and pinned it on the pats despite the fact that deflated footballs help teams. Your theory makes sense.

Oh ok so Mike Kensil personally deflated the balls at halftime of a blowout (I know what you are going to say, it wasn't a complete blowout yet at the time) and pinned it on the pats despite the fact that deflated footballs help teams. Your theory makes sense.

You still believe the balls were tampered with in light of the news today with a corrupt official who was fired and subbing in unapproved balls so he could sell the real ones off for profit?

You still believe the balls were tampered with in light of the news today with a corrupt official who was fired and subbing in unapproved balls so he could sell the real ones off for profit?

You actually believe that because an NFL official sold one of the balls after the game that it somehow absolves the Patriots from tampering with them after they were properly inspected and approved and found to be a lb or more below at halftime? Go shovel some snow.

You actually believe that because an NFL official sold one of the balls after the game that it somehow absolves the Patriots from tampering with them after they were properly inspected and approved and found to be a lb or more below at halftime? Go shovel some snow.

What if the balls tested were the ones placed by the ref in place of the ones that he stole ?

He didn't sell it after the game. He removed it during the game which is why McNully had an unapproved ball. Whose to say how many balls he did that with? When you have a game official removing balls and getting fired for it, I am not sure how you think the Pats could be implicated for anything.

He didn't sell it after the game. He removed it during the game which is why McNully had an unapproved ball. Whose to say how many balls he did that with? When you have a game official removing balls and getting fired for it, I am not sure how you think the Pats could be implicated for anything.

Oh so he sold it during the game? Get your programs, hot chocolate, and game used football here! McNally had an unapproved kicking ball that wasn't marked, had absolutely nothing to do with the offensive balls in question. Stop trying to make stuff up. He didn't remove 11 balls during the game and switch them out to sell them all during the game lol, if you patriot fans just stuck your head in the snow the hot air would melt it all and you wouldn't be snowed in anymore

Oh so he sold it during the game? Get your programs, hot chocolate, and game used football here! McNally had an unapproved kicking ball that wasn't marked, had absolutely nothing to do with the offensive balls in question. Stop trying to make stuff up. He didn't remove 11 balls during the game and switch them out to sell them all during the game lol, if you patriot fans just stuck your head in the snow the hot air would melt it all and you wouldn't be snowed in anymore

He put it aside to sell it after the game. He had a history of doing this which is what the league found after he was caught during the AFC title game.

SPEAK ENGLISH. that's a great theory, I bet you think there are tons of singles in your area that are dying to meet you too.

Nice personal shot.

The tactic of one losing an argument .

It amuses me that you got all bent out of shape that my iPhone typed "if" instead of "of."

But you couldn't comprehend it in the context.

Win a Superbowl and possibly a bunch of other games to help get you there in return for a draft pick the following year? Sign me up

haha im with ya. i mean i doubt the league would strip them of the Title that would be too extreme. but i feel like stripping them of picks isnt enough, that organization is notorious for bending the rules and engaging in unfair tactics to win. 

Idc even if they did the league won't do crap to them

I agree. They won't do anything to tarnish both Brady and Coach B. careers even more then it has already been tarnished by spy gate. but what would be wrong (if they do indeed find them guilty) in not doing anything is the fact they went all in when it came to punishing the saints for bounty gate. yeah what the patriots allegedly did was far from what the saints did, but in the end cheating is cheating. and I think the Patriots should get half of what the saints got if they are found guilty. but honestly i wish they would hurry up because it is getting old hearing about all of this. i am just curious though, were the games deflated the whole game or just the first half? because if it were only the first half then it seemed to hurt them more then it helped them when they only put up 17 points in the first half and 28 in the second half.  

He put it aside to sell it after the game. He had a history of doing this which is what the league found after he was caught during the AFC title game.

So since you are trying to spin it your way allow me to spin it mine. You think because he took one ball at some time during the game (most likely at the end when a ball wouldn't be needed) that this means he took out all the balls, and personally marked new ones himself, slipped them all in but didn't pump them up enough, and no one including Brady didn't notice. What if he took one ball, during the first half, switched it out before the first half ended, and that's why only 11 were underinflated instead of all 12 when they were checked at halftime? See I can spin and make nonsense up too.

So since you are trying to spin it your way allow me to spin it mine. You think because he took one ball at some time during the game (most likely at the end when a ball wouldn't be needed) that this means he took out all the balls, and personally marked new ones himself, slipped them all in but didn't pump them up enough, and no one including Brady didn't notice. What if he took one ball, during the first half, switched it out before the first half ended, and that's why only 11 were underinflated instead of all 12?

He has history of doing just that with no one noticing until this investigation and subsequent firing.

He has history of doing just that with no one noticing until this investigation and subsequent firing.

Ah ok, a long history but no suspicion of deflated balls in any of the games he has ever worked prior to this one. It all makes sense that he would do something so dumb during the game like take every single ball out on only one side of the field before halftime.

Ah ok, a long history but no suspicion of deflated balls in any of the games he has ever worked prior to this one. It all makes sense that he would do something so dumb during the game like take every single ball out on only one side of the field before halftime.

What do you the league is going to be able to say/do Kraft after telling him that one of their officials had a history or removing game balls and did so in the title and had to be fired? Again IF true, this goose chase is over.

What do you the league is going to be able to say/do Kraft after telling him that one of their officials had a history or removing game balls and did so in the title and had to be fired? Again IF true, this goose chase is over.

I don't think they will do anything to the Patriots, I knew it from the start the NFL would do something stupid like in the past and this is no different. It still doesn't change what happened to the balls. The ref had no idea the balls were deflated and was just taking a ball out like he normally does and now it is a black eye on the NFL's investigation. You got the superbowl so enjoy it, probably will get off with no "punishment" too but everyone else looks at them as cheaters in the face of the evidence and would compare it to OJ getting off and the NFL letting the pats off the hook due to their own misdoings.