Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thread For Favorite Day 3 Prospects

Here a couple of mine:

Shaq Mason, C, Georgia Tech - Played guard in college, but showed took on some work at center during senior bowl weekend, which should be his natural position in the NFL at 6' 1 5/8" 310 lbs with 31 1/4" arms. What you'll see on his tape is an explosive run blocker. He can move pretty well for a big man and he run blocks with enthusiasm. His pass protection will need work - but I think his ceiling is pretty high.

Brian Mihalik, DE, Boston College - He's coming off a season where he had 27 tackles, 4.5 tackles for a loss, and 3.5 sacks (and 1 in vs Penn St. in the Pinstripe Bowl). His effect on the field is bigger than his numbers are. And that's likely because of another number - 6' 9". He's listed at that height and 295 lbs by B.C., and by all accounts he's legitimately a little bit bigger than Shawn Oakman (even if not as athletic). But don't count out his athleticism entirely - nfldraftscout predicts a 40 time between 5.08 and 4.84 - really solid numbers for a near 300 pounder. His game needs development, but guys with his size that have ability aren't that common and can present problems for opposing offenses.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more than a few of these running backs fall to day 3 supply and demand. The demand for RB in the NFL is on the decline as more and more teams go to a committee. How many RB's are going in the top 100? I really hope the Colts do not waste a high pick on a RB there will be plenty to choose from day 3.

I think he's a 3rd-4th round guy, but I really just like to troll IU fans lol

Well, I mean there's not really much to troll about, lol.  Most IU fans would agree with you anyway.  We suck so bad.  It's a good year if they have someone drafted at all. I think since Courtney Roby, we've had people drafted in less than half of the drafts between then and now.  A couple of 2nd and 3rd rounders, but never a first rounder since I can remember.

Anyway, back on topic, I agree with you on Coleman.  3rd-4th rounder seems about right.  I'd be surprised if he went before the 3rd.

Well, I mean there's not really much to troll about, lol.  Most IU fans would agree with you anyway.  We suck so bad.  It's a good year if they have someone drafted at all. I think since Courtney Roby, we've had people drafted in less than half of the drafts between then and now.  A couple of 2nd and 3rd rounders, but never a first rounder since I can remember.

Anyway, back on topic, I agree with you on Coleman.  3rd-4th rounder seems about right.  I'd be surprised if he went before the 3rd.

Roger Saffold almost made the first round ... pick #33 in 2010

Chucky Hunter, DT, TCU.

Robby Havenstein, OT, Wisconsin, I'm not sure why this kid is not rated higher, from the times I've watched Wisconsin he always struck me as a guy who can be a day one started at RT or RG in the NFL.

Adam Keller - K - North Dakota State  Another kicker named Adam from the Dakotas... has to mean something, right? Kid completed his senior year hitting 29 of 34 FG

Some others, De'Ante Saunders - CB/FS - Tennessee State, was a two year starter at safety for Florida before being kicked off the team, then played CB for Tenn State.  If he has his head on straight now he could be a good pick up.  He has 1st/2nd round talent.