Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sherman is so classless

RockThatBlue

I obviously won't ruin your enjoyment, you won the superbowl. The rest of the country knows it's their 4th asterisk. Seriously when Brady goes into the HoF he better thank the tuck rule, vinateiri, video tapes, lee evans, billy cundiff, his equipment manager, and russel wilson/pete carroll in that order.

And you left the biggest advantage out imo.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I obviously won't ruin your enjoyment, you won the superbowl. The rest of the country knows it's their 4th asterisk. Seriously when Brady goes into the HoF he better thank the tuck rule, vinateiri, video tapes, lee evans, billy cundiff, his equipment manager, and russel wilson/pete carroll in that order.

Ouch, somebody is upset big time. I hope your offseason goes well...

Anyways, it's gonna be a long off season and sports center is gonna be boring until NFL season starts again...

There are plenty of people talking about how this was an amazing Super Bowl.. it had people on the edge of their seats for 4 straight quarters, all the way until the final seconds ticked off the click.

I could care less what other people's perception or opinions are, the Patriots took that game from the Seahawks and EARNED that Super Bowl.

6 SBs by the Pats since 2001 all decided by 4 points or less. That is amazing. Every time they play in one that Super Bowl is deemed the best ever. ;)

Ouch, somebody is upset big time. I hope your offseason goes well...

Anyways, it's gonna be a long off season and sports center is gonna be boring until NFL season starts again...

Watch the NHL then. I can't watch a second of basketball but hockey is very exciting especially around playoff time.

If Sherman had graduated from Oklahoma instead of Stanford nobody would be talking about how intelligent he appears.

But he did graduate from Stanford and with good grades from my understanding.

Sorry but there is a difference between schools and what they expect from their students.

If you really believe that that's OK. As a Patriots fan you wouldn't see it any other way. It's funny you needed to put earned in capital letters why? Could it be deep down inside your not too sure about it? Besides since when does the Patriots or their fans care about what is thought of them? That's been obvious for a long time.  Facts are the Patriots won the super bowl. Another fact is the Seahawks didn't want another ring by calling maybe the dumbest call in super bowl history. It is what it is.

It was indeed a dumb call... but this point-of-view almost completely discounts the intelligence and execution that Butler exhibited on that play. That was a "take away" in every sense, as opposed to a "give-away." The play call is one thing, execution is another. 

To answer your other question, at this point I have exactly 0% doubt that the Patriots earned every bit of this. They romped through the AFC this season, beat all three division winners by something like 24 points, came back from behind twice against Baltimore, and as Dwayne Allen put it, would have beaten Indy with a bar of soap for a football. 

They clearly established themselves as the best team in the conference. No weak schedule or anything like that. They then proceeded to put up 28 points, including 14 in the 4th quarter, against the NFL's best defense over the past two seasons. Sure they benefited from the play call... but they earned that too, because they forced Seattle to put together that drive in the first place. 

I still say it was the football gods intervening, because no team should lose a Super Bowl on two once-in-a-lifetime catches.  :thmup:

It was indeed a dumb call... but this point-of-view almost completely discounts the intelligence and execution that Butler exhibited on that play. That was a "take away" in every sense, as opposed to a "give-away." The play call is one thing, execution is another. 

To answer your other question, at this point I have exactly 0% doubt that the Patriots earned every bit of this. They romped through the AFC this season, beat all three division winners by something like 24 points, came back from behind twice against Baltimore, and as Dwayne Allen put it, would have beaten Indy with a bar of soap for a football. 

They clearly established themselves as the best team in the conference. No weak schedule or anything like that. They then proceeded to put up 28 points, including 14 in the 4th quarter, against the NFL's best defense over the past two seasons. Sure they benefited from the play call... but they earned that too, because they forced Seattle to put together that drive in the first place. 

I still say it was the football gods intervening, because no team should lose a Super Bowl on two once-in-a-lifetime catches.  :thmup:

You can say whatever you care to. The super bowl was gift wrapped to the Patriots on the dumbest call in super bowl history. The best defense as you call it had injuries all over. So no, in reality the Patriots did not beat the best defense when the best defense was short players with injuries and a couple were playing with injuries. There is no football god as you call it because if there was the Patriots would not have won that game. You can not tell me or anyone else you didn't think that the Patriots were going to win with less than a minute left on the clock. You call it earned? No, call it what it was. Brady should give the MVP to the persons responsible for the bone head play. Now we will wait and see if the deflate issue is going to be swept under the rug.

You can say whatever you care to. The super bowl was gift wrapped to the Patriots on the dumbest call in super bowl history. The best defense as you call it had injuries all over. So no, in reality the Patriots did not beat the best defense when the best defense was short players with injuries and a couple were playing with injuries. There is no football god as you call it because if there was the Patriots would not have won that game. You can not tell me or anyone else you didn't think that the Patriots were going to win with less than a minute left on the clock. You call it earned? No, call it what it was. Brady should give the MVP to the persons responsible for the bone head play. Now we will wait and see if the deflate issue is going to be swept under the rug.

Some of you guys are total losers. This may have been Seattle's '4th and 2'...but please, you act like Russel Wilson stood up and underhanded the ball to the Patriots and said "here, take it".

If the play resulted in a touchdown, everyone would be calling it a great playcall since everytone was expecting run. It didnt work out, but the Patriots still had to execute. The game wasnt handed to them, they took it.

Some of you guys are total losers. This may have been Seattle's '4th and 2'...but please, you act like Russel Wilson stood up and underhanded the ball to the Patriots and said "here, take it".

If the play resulted in a touchdown, everyone would be calling it a great playcall since everytone was expecting run. It didnt work out, but the Patriots still had to execute. The game wasnt handed to them, they took it.

Losers? We have opinions and we are entitled to them just the same as you. If you have a problem with anyone's opinion it makes no difference. Now you come in here and call us losers? As far as I can tell no one has insulted you. You seem to have put yourself in the entitled fans category.

You can say whatever you care to, as well. I told you it was a dumb call, but you make it sound like the play was over and decided with before the ball was snapped. 

You can say whatever you care to, as well. I told you it was a dumb call, but you make it sound like the play was over and decided with before the ball was snapped. 

Look, that is my opinion. I don't much care if you like it or not. This is not a debatable issue with me. So find someone else that suits you better.

Some people talk to pump themselves up. Sherman appears to be one of those guys. More power to him. If you don't dig it, that's cool. I know I'd want him to play for my team on Sundays classless or not.

He came up to Brady and shook his hand at the end when Brady knelt down. It was very cool. I do find his act tiring at times but he is a money player and I think his team feeds off his bravado.

You're half right. It's not that they called a pass, but a quick slant. A quick slant is basically a hike and a throw to a spot without looking. They're great in space where guys are playing several yards off but the endzone? None of the guys were playing off because the back of the endzone was an extra defender. On top of that they drew it up for the guy in the middle. If it were 1 of the outside guys maybe but no they called a quick slant from the 1 right in the middle of all the linebackers. It really and truly waa the worst call ever.

But he did graduate from Stanford and with good grades from my understanding.

Sorry but there is a difference between schools and what they expect from their students.

Sorry, but you missed the point. The point is he really doesn't come off as overly intelligent.....at least not any more intelligent than hundreds of other athletes. People consistently point it out simply because he went to Stanford. Frankly, some of the things he says are eye rolling.

Sorry, but you missed the point. The point is he really doesn't come off as overly intelligent.....at least not any more intelligent than hundreds of other athletes. People consistently point it out simply because he went to Stanford. Frankly, some of the things he says are eye rolling.

He is intelligent. Sorry if you cant fathom that. Drafted in the 5th round and his smarts and abilities made him one of the top defensive players in the NFL. Yes he is brash but so are a lot of other NFL players. The list is too long to get into.

He is intelligent. Sorry if you cant fathom that. Drafted in the 5th round and his smarts and abilities made him one of the top defensive players in the NFL. Yes he is brash but so are a lot of other NFL players. The list is too long to get into.

As usual, you need help with reading comprehension.

There are plenty of people talking about how this was an amazing Super Bowl.. it had people on the edge of their seats for 4 straight quarters, all the way until the final seconds ticked off the click.

I could care less what other people's perception or opinions are, the Patriots took that game from the Seahawks and EARNED that Super Bowl.

They EARNED it by their play, but didn't do it in a respectful manner AT ALL.  I'm not just talking about deflate gate, which I imagine Pats have been doing it for quite some time, but also the substitutions against the Ravens, classless acts by Gronkowski (eventho Sergio was talking crap, Rob still cant let his play do the talking).  You gotta give respect in order to gain respect!  There is no denying any of the above, and to think they made it a big joke out of taking air out of footballs in that scandal after they already had their go-around with stuff like that in the past.  Doesn't matter if Pats would've beat Indy anyways, or if the league doesn't get to the bottom of it.  Fact of the matter, Patriots cheat and have NO integrity!

So no matter how much they "EARNED" it, they still dont DESERVE it :thmup:

This is what has been lost in all of the talk about the play call.  Yes, the play call is probably the dumbest call I have ever seen given who they had at RB, but you cannot discount the amazing play that Browner and Bulter made to stop that play.  Had Browner not just nailed that WR on the line it would not have given Butler the time to break on the pass.  If that WR gets off the line clean that is a touchdown because Butler was not going to get there in time.  Sure Butler may lay a nice hit on him, but he is in the endzone with the ball celebrating a game winning TD.  

Yes, the play call was crazy, but the Pats still had to play defense and make a play to win the game.  

Thank God the Pats were pure class in their victory parade.

oh wait...

Gramz you know I think you're the best... sometimes, though, I think you're a bit harsh with our Patriots. It was a victory celebration parade. I don't know which part of it threw you for a loop but overall it was pretty harmless. 

While the Patriots were busy apparently horrifying Middle America with their celebration, D'Qwell Jackson was (allegedly) punching a pizza driver in the face over a parking spot:

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/10776/colts-continue-to-fail-off-the-football-field

The latest incident occurred Tuesday night, when linebacker D'Qwell Jackson, a stand-up player in the locker room, was arrested and charged with assaulting a man in Washington, D.C. The man, according to ABC 7 in Washington, was a pizza delivery driver. 

That brings the number of Colts players arrested or suspended since Jan. 14 up to four. 

So often you hear the Colts talk about having high-character "horseshoe" players on their roster. It's time to stop that. 

This is what really eats at me regarding the whole "classy team" thing. We don't know these guys. We buy what they project to us, what they want us to see. Sometimes they slip up and we realize we've been had. But I think it's completely unfair for any of us to sit in judgment and make damning declarations about who is "classy" and who isn't. Neither you, I, nor anyone else truly has enough information or insight to really make that call. 

There are probably good dudes and bad dudes on every NFL team. Just like with anything else. 

Gramz you know I think you're the best... sometimes, though, I think you're a bit harsh with our Patriots. It was a victory celebration parade. I don't know which part of it threw you for a loop but overall it was pretty harmless. 

While the Patriots were busy apparently horrifying Middle America with their celebration, D'Qwell Jackson was (allegedly) punching a pizza driver in the face over a parking spot:

I don't know GP

Maybe it was the * Mode T-shirts that  rubbed me wrong.  I'm sure every parent at the parade loved that and ran right out to buy one as a souvenir.   :scratch:

Or

Maybe it was Gronk acting like a buffoon with a deflated football (while the investigation is still ongoing,  I just found that to be immature and juvenile and making a mockery of an ongoing investigation)

I saw several photos of distasteful things that are not permitted to be posted to this site.

I am not discounting things other teams have done.    Yes  assaulting a pizza driver over a damn parking spot was beyond ridiculous.

I can't help the way I feel, and I felt some of the behavior on the victory parade was distasteful, disrespectful, juvenile, innappropriate and not necessary.

You don't have to disrespect the other team to celebrate your accomplishments.   Take the High Road.

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/10776/colts-continue-to-fail-off-the-football-field

The latest incident occurred Tuesday night, when linebacker D'Qwell Jackson, a stand-up player in the locker room, was arrested and charged with assaulting a man in Washington, D.C. The man, according to ABC 7 in Washington, was a pizza delivery driver. 

That brings the number of Colts players arrested or suspended since Jan. 14 up to four. 

So often you hear the Colts talk about having high-character "horseshoe" players on their roster. It's time to stop that. 

This is what really eats at me regarding the whole "classy team" thing. We don't know these guys. We buy what they project to us, what they want us to see. Sometimes they slip up and we realize we've been had. But I think it's completely unfair for any of us to sit in judgment and make damning declarations about who is "classy" and who isn't. Neither you, I, nor anyone else truly has enough information or insight to really make that call. 

There are probably good dudes and bad dudes on every NFL team. Just like with anything else. 

How does Jackson's arrest negate our ability to call our the pats actions?

Also, if the Colts allowed Jackson to make jokes about the arrest at a public event, we would all be appalled.

I don't know how many times I've posted this, but apparently it still doesn't make sense to you guys. EVERYBODY messes up. We get that. HOW DO YOU RESPOND? That is the question. The pats embrace the wrong thing by making light of it or defending it or encouraging it. That's my problem with them (and probably many others' as well).

So, do Colts players do classless things? Absolutely. All teams have players that do. HOWEVER, as an organization, what do you do about it?

The latest incident occurred Tuesday night, when linebacker D'Qwell Jackson, a stand-up player in the locker room, was arrested and charged with assaulting a man in Washington, D.C. The man, according to ABC 7 in Washington, was a pizza delivery driver.

Do we know who they are personally, no. We know them publicly. America's youth is idolizing what they do in public, not what they do in private.

If you think it is appropriate for children to idolize the behavior the Patriots showed then I have to question you. If when you ask yourself "would I teach this to my kids" and the answer is no there is a problem with it.

Like it or not they are who youth looks up to.

I don't know GP

Maybe it was the B***hMode T-shirts that  rubbed me wrong.  I'm sure every parent at the parade loved that and ran right out to buy one as a souvenir.   :scratch:

Or

Maybe it was Gronk acting like a buffoon with a deflated football (while the investigation is still ongoing,  I just found that to be immature and juvenile and making a mockery of an ongoing investigation)

I saw several photos of distasteful things that are not permitted to be posted to this site.

I am not discounting things other teams have done.    Yes  assaulting a pizza driver over a damn parking spot was beyond ridiculous.

I can't help the way I feel, and I felt some of the behavior on the victory parade was distasteful, disrespectful, juvenile, innappropriate and not necessary.

You don't have to disrespect the other team to celebrate your accomplishments.   Take the High Road.

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/sports/no-deflated-balls-here-7-teams-with-the-most-ped-suspensions.html/?a=viewall

If you think it is appropriate for children to idolize the behavior the Patriots showed then I have to question you. If when you ask yourself "would I teach this to my kids" and the answer is no there is a problem with it.

I raise my own children. I don't look to athletes or celebrities to be role models. 

I raise my own children. I don't look to athletes or celebrities to be role models.

and you can do what to stop your kids from looking up to famous actors or artists or athletes? They will look at them the way they want sure you can raise them like you hope but you don't control them when they are away from you

Sherman for all his love and money the last few years is still the insecure little 5th round draft pick who went to Stanford and changed positions.  

Just truth..    Dude cannot accept the fact he has earned respect, and has NO CLUE how to handle it.   

Just clueless athletes..      Cannot wait to see the Wilson being the highest paid player on the team dynamic...     With Lynch probably gone..  heehhe e..       IMPLOSION>>>

Pretty cool. Still, him showing up Revis was just ridiculous. But love those photos of him shaking Brady's hand.

Excuse me if I don't get the connection here.  But what exactly does this have to do with the behavior at the Parade?

It's really "classy" to use PEDs. Whatever your Colts players do is always Classy.  Congratulations and good for you for being outraged over the playful antics at a parade.  That whole assault business over the parking space must really have your dander up. 

Sherman for all his love and money the last few years is still the insecure little 5th round draft pick who went to Stanford and changed positions.  

Just truth..    Dude cannot accept the fact he has earned respect, and has NO CLUE how to handle it.   

Just clueless athletes..      Cannot wait to see the Wilson being the highest paid player on the team dynamic...     With Lynch probably gone..  heehhe e..       IMPLOSION>>>

I think Seattle is in real trouble. They already made their secondary the highest in the league last year and now they have to pay Wilson who is a nice QB but incapable of carrying a team himself. IF they don't get Lynch done than their little run is probably over. And oh yeah, they have to still believe in their coach after that call to lose the SB.

It's really "classy" to use PEDs. Whatever your Colts players do is always Classy. Congratulations and good for you for being outraged over the playful antics at a parade. That whole assault business over the parking space must really have your dander up.

everyone is watching the SB celebration parade no one is watch Jackson get into a fight or watching others use PEDs