Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Bowl Story Lines

amfootball

This game is chock full of great story lines. Here are some off the top of my head. Please add yours:

Browner plays his former team

Old guard in Brady playing new guard in Wilson

Former Pats coach Carroll plays his former team

Brady/Sherman - you mad bro? Part 2 (I have to admit this is my favorite. I hope Sherman is in full swing these next two weeks)

Blount - released by Pitt, now in SB

Revis/Sherman - first SB appearance for Revis. Gets his chance to say he is the best CB over Sherman

Gronk - first time playing SB healthy

Bill vs Pete - battle of the cheaters. lol.

Lynch - will get 1,000,000 in fines for not speaking to media at all.

This game is chock full of great story lines. Here are some off the top of my head. Please add yours:

Brady/Sherman - you mad bro? Part 2 (I have to admit this is my favorite. I hope Sherman is in full swing these next two weeks)

Revis/Sherman - first SB appearance for Revis. Gets his chance to say he is the best CB over Sherman

I will be watching a re-run of Bonanza.

lol. That was great.

Do you dislike the Hawks too? Or just no rooting interest at all?

Not to hurt your feelings, but I generally always pull for the NFC over the AFC in the Super Bowl. You don't want to see any of your conference rivals get too many SB victories. That being said, I have no real love for Carroll, Sherman, or the Seahawks.

Not to hurt your feelings, but I generally always pull for the NFC over the AFC in the Super Bowl. You don't want to see any of your conference rivals get too many SB victories. That being said, I have no real love for Carroll, Sherman, or the Seahawks.

No feelings hurt. Not possible today with my team going to the bowl. :) I usually vote for the AFC for the opposite reason. I want a team from my conference to be champs. I would not vote for the Jets though if they ever get there. ;)

No feelings hurt. Not possible today with my team going to the bowl. :) I usually vote for the AFC for the opposite reason. I want a team from my conference to be champs. I would not vote for the Jets though if they ever get there. ;)

I think this comes from hearing Steeler fans prattle on about their six Super Bowl wins. I would rather the Packers, or someone you play once every four years win, rather than a division or conference team you are scrapping with to just get to the SB. It's easier to turn off the emotions and pull for an NFC team, than rival division and conference teams you are constantly battling and banging your head against .

Revis after yesterday's game: being able to play in the Super Bowl is why I signed with the Pats

Brady on LaFell last week: one of the toughest guys I've ever played with

Edelman on Brady this week: I love the man

Browner on Hilton and Arrington: Hilton is a very talented receiver, but Arrington's been able to stop him

--

Doug Baldwin after their win: * you, * the haters, * the doubters, * this, * that

I really don't like either team, but I'm really pulling for the Pats to drop 60 points on the Seahawks and really embarrass them.

To me, this is the Cheaters Bowl.  I'm surprised at how many people don't even want to watch the game.  I kinda feel like not watching the game, but will be simply because it's the biggest football game of the year and I'm a football fan haha

The only time I really ever root for an NFC team in the SB is when the Patriots are in it....so.....this one's pretty easy for me.

If the Patriots aren't in the SB, I generally cheer for the AFC team. Usually I will cheer for Peyton to make and win the SB, but if he can't I then cheer for the team that knocked the Patriots out of the playoffs, like the Ravens in 2012. Only exception to that rule was the Jets in 2010 (I cheered for the Jets against the Pats but the Steelers in the AFCCG). And yes, I still pulled for the Steelers in the SB. It would've been funny to see Big Ben get 3 rings and shake up the QB narrative a bit lol

In a year like 2008, where neither the Patriots nor the Cowboys made the playoffs (which made the postseason much more fun and less stressful for me), it was still the Colts first. After the Colts I really didn't have any preference on who I wanted to win, I just sat back, watched the games, and had fun. The way it's supposed to be. No threat of Brady and Belichick 4 ringz best eva we should cancel the NFL and build a shrine of these guys or HOW BOUT DEM MURICA'S TEAM COWBOYS YEEHAW floating around in my head.

Really?

I think this will be the least viewed superbowl in recent history,

A LOT of people don't care who wins this, If I do watch, it's for the commercials, however I do want the Patriots to win.

Yeah most of my friends that watch the NFL have stated they won't be watching the Superbowl. I don't plan on watching it either. It's more of just being burned out from so many months of football than anything.

lol. That was great.

Do you dislike the Hawks too? Or just no rooting interest at all?

To me, this is a matchup of a team with the leagues most annoying fans and players (Seahawks) and a team with the most annoying sports writers (Patriots).  The Super Bowl should be a great game and a great match-up, but the media leading up to the game will be unbearable (for me at least). 

I would, however, like to put Marshawn Lynch and Bill Belichick in the same media room and watch reporters explode in frustration.

I have no interest in the game. but I get what you are saying. The Blount thing isn't worth bringing up, I don't think anyone outside of New England respects him at all (he quit on Pittsburgh, and yeah college). I think Gronk is generally not liked outside of New England as well. Bill vs. Pete is interesting though but it's more of the same, people don't like them and want to see them fail on a big stage. I want to see Lynch run into Wilfork, that will kind of be reminiscent of Hogan vs. Andre the Giant.

Really?

A LOT of people don't care who wins this, If I do watch, it's for the commercials, however I do want the Patriots to win.

You already have the Seahawks beating manning. Now you have them beating brady. It's the two #1's. It also sets up the next 15 years of brady vs manning 2 in luck and Wilson. Wilson had nobody in the name of receivers. Luck had star studded roster. Colts have no defense, Wilson only had to rely on that. It really is the exact same arguments shaping up. Even the Superbowls and playoff victories. The similarities are just too amusing. Even the argument for coaching is shaping up. Caroll is to the Hawks what BB is to the pats.

This is a big picture down the road storyline that will generate the kind of interest and debate that they are losing out on with Brady and Manning. They will now have Brady losing to the Hawks as an unofficial changing of the guard. Wilson will have beaten everyone while luck only beat manning, using the argument that manning was never good in the playoffs anyways to discount Luck's victories.

It really is the best matchup to set up future storylines.

This was the best match up for public interest imo.

That's possible...but ratings are generally elevated when there is that good vs bad image that's sold. Likeable vs unlikeable etc.

You could argue that NE and SEA are two of the most disliked teams in the NFL. Not that they are not respected...just that people might not really want to root for either. Kind of like Tiger Woods...half the viewers wanting to see greatness, the other half wanting Goliath to fail. Great for ratings. You really don't have that dynamic with this SB.

The media is trying to pump up Wilson into a likeable guy for that purpose...not that he isn't...but you'll see that being emphasized in the next two weeks I'm sure...if you choose to watch.

That's possible...but ratings are generally elevated when there is that good vs bad image that's sold. Likeable vs unlikeable etc.

You could argue that NE and SEA are two of the most disliked teams in the NFL. Not that they are not respected...just that people might not really want to root for either.

The media is trying to pump up Wilson into a likeable guy for that purpose...not that he isn't...but you'll see that being emphasized in the next two weeks I'm sure...if you choose to watch.

The Pats alone bring in huge ratings because of the hate. This SB will rank up there with the others. Maybe one of the most highly viewed given what is at stake for both teams.

The Pats alone bring in huge ratings because of the hate. This SB will rank up there with the others. Maybe one of the most highly viewed given what is at stake for both teams.

I agree, but I think ratings work best when you have a "nonhated" team up for a chance to beat them. I don't think SEA is that team. I think GB would have been a better sell.

You could argue that NE and SEA are two of the most disliked teams in the NFL. Not that they are not respected...just that people might not really want to root for either. Kind of like Tiger Woods...half the viewers wanting to see greatness, the other half wanting Goliath to fail. Great for ratings. You really don't have that dynamic with this SB.

That may be true but I think having the two bad guys beat each other down is viewable too. Everyone is going to be happy one of them lost but mad that the other won. That's some conflicted feelings. Plus it's still to early for a Wilson vs Luck SB. It needs to be built up more.

Breaking news- you don't have to root for either team when watching a game. I've watched a lot SBs and reg season games without rooting for either team but just for football. Whether one watches or not- one team will still win.

Too much hate today. An internet thing no less. What happened to just watching professional players play and the strategy of the game itself?

Sherman this Sherman that...good lord.

One poster said he was just burnt out on football. That I can get. The rest is once again "the days of our lives"  :)

Breaking news- you don't have to root for either team when watching a game. I've watched a lot SBs and reg season games without rooting for either team but just for football. Whether one watches or not- one team will still win.

Too much hate today. An internet thing no less. What happened to just watching professional players play and the strategy of the game itself?

Sherman this Sherman that...good lord.

One poster said he was just burnt out on football. That I can get. The rest is once again "the days of our lives"

That's good for you, and me, and some others but the media certainly doesn't sell strategy...they sell "days of our lives" stuff. I guess they feel that's what sells. Its a SB and the ratings will be high no doubt, I think the conversation was just about how high.

Now that I think about it....I may just tune in to see if Katy Perry has a wardrobe malfunction.

That's good for you, and me, and some others but the media certainly doesn't sell strategy...they sell "days of our lives" stuff. I guess they feel that's what sells. Its a SB and the ratings will be high no doubt, I think the conversation was just about how high.

Now that I think about it....I may just tune in to see if Katy Perry has a wardrobe malfunction.

Oh I wasn't including the media- that's a given :) Although some do talk strategy like NFLN. I meant when one is actually watching the game.

I supposed I should be embarrassed- I will have to google Kate Perry :)

Pretty sure we know what the story line will be now

I'm about 100% certain it will be "can nice guy Russell Wilson take down the bad boys from the east" 

Its gonna be looked at as the righteous rebels vs the corrupt establishment.  Many things are marketed that way.

You already have the Seahawks beating manning. Now you have them beating brady. It's the two #1's. It also sets up the next 15 years of brady vs manning 2 in luck and Wilson. Wilson had nobody in the name of receivers. Luck had star studded roster. Colts have no defense, Wilson only had to rely on that. It really is the exact same arguments shaping up. Even the Superbowls and playoff victories. The similarities are just too amusing. Even the argument for coaching is shaping up. Caroll is to the Hawks what BB is to the pats.

This is a big picture down the road storyline that will generate the kind of interest and debate that they are losing out on with Brady and Manning. They will now have Brady losing to the Hawks as an unofficial changing of the guard. Wilson will have beaten everyone while luck only beat manning, using the argument that manning was never good in the playoffs anyways to discount Luck's victories.

It really is the best matchup to set up future storylines.

Luck had a star studded roster lol. What team are you watching?

Really?

I think a lot of people are lying because they dislike both teams. I think the matchup is excellent and wouldn't think of not watching.

I'll be watching for sure, with my NFL ball in hand, slowly releasing air during all the commercial breaks. When the game ends, I'll toss the ball to my Patriot loving wife, who will catch it with one hand whilst having a shower. I'll then rip up a few newspapers into tiny pieces, and throw them from my 5th floor balcony, run down the stairs as fast as I can and stand under the shower of victorious tickertape whilst wearing my Ben Johnson / Boris Onischenko t-shirt. Meanwhile, my good wife will be filming it all from behind the curtain.

Come on Seahawks. Deliver justice to the football world.

Sorry, got carried away there.