Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots being investigated for Deflating footballs.....(Mega Merge)

RealityIsLuck

Just hit me...

The Patriots go to Indy next year. That should be a pretty interesting game.  ;)

Just speculating, but we may see some "running up the score" in that one if the opportunity presents itself to NE, lol.,..

God dang it . You people just insist on making donkeys of yourselves. The Pats try to run up every score in every game.

Case in point. With 5.58 remaining in this Sundays game... Pats up by 38 points on Colts 35 yard line , 3rd and about 8. Brady play fakes and unleashes a throw to Eddleman at the Colt's goal line. Throw was bad so the Pats don't go up by 45 in the waning moments. BTW... the guy then lays on the ground begging for a roughing penalty. Hey .. maybe if it was a deflated ball it wouldn't have been a duck he threw. 

Yeah... were really afraid the Pats are going to try to run the score up... Lord , Lord , Lord

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey listen, your maturity on the subject is nice to see...as it's always (for the most part ;)) been about Spygate as well. You know what I was responding to, and just found it interesting that someone would use this issue and somehow bring in the Peyton/Brady debate. I found that comical...

Noooootttt really, as your "ammo for haters" statement was before the Peyton/Brady comment. 

People are trying to figure out why Colts fans are so mad about this. It's not because it changed the outcome of the game, it's because from the start, the Colts were at an illegal disadvantage. The Colts could have played the game of their lives and it might not have mattered because the Patriots decided to cheat.

Also some Colts fans think the Patriots did the same thing against the Ravens. If so that game was close enough for deflated balls to have made a difference. Had the Ravens won, well you know.

Goodell needs to resign after all this too because the guy is joke. There is no way a person in his position should be partying with the owner of a team before games. He might want to change his pants too because his look pretty moist. This whole thing stinks from top to bottom... and will do irreprible damage to the game of football.

roger-goodell-robert-kraft.jpg?resize=56

Boom, there it is! Case in point: You just used this as a way to 'end' the debate on Peyton vs Brady. You just proved what I was suspecting!

Let's be honest here...this is a great day for anyone that hates the Patriots....it's the almighty victory lap for them. 

No it's a great day for honest franchises

Edited by 21isSuperman

Yup, I remember it very well.

And I remember losing the year before in the ALCS to a Yankees team that had Giambi, Clemens, and Pettite on the same stuff.

Everyone is aware of the fact that baseball was tainted. People got in lots of trouble for that.

And that's fine...enjoy your victory lap for the next 9 days...then find yourself a seat on a nice comfortable couch and watch this team play for the Championship ;)

And when your team loses, HAHAHAHA. We've witnessed that twice before and it never gets old. Then you are left with the fact that you cheated and it didn't help you win the Superbowl. How awesome it must be to be you.

What is odd to me is if the Colts suspected something in Nov and notified the league then why weren't the Pats balls checked every game thereafter? Why did it only happen when the faced the Colts again in the title game? So many unanswered questions in this thing ...

I'm sure much like the Spygate tapes, the balls were immediately disposed of.

And when your team loses, HAHAHAHA. We've witnessed that twice before and it never gets old. Then you are left with the fact that you cheated and it didn't help you win the Superbowl. How awesome it must be to be you.

I don't know what your problem is...I have not been confrontational about this, and after a fairly respectable thread all day long its like school just got out and here comes the drivel. 

I don't know what your problem is...I have not been confrontational about this, and after a fairly respectable thread all day long its like school just got out and here comes the drivel. 

You've been nothing but confrontational. Your only responses have been to either play the "haters" card, or to twist words and scenarios to aide your agenda. You are supporting a franchise with a history of cheating and expect people to take your side, or go along with your opinions? Yeah okay. This isn't a Patriots forum, the team is pretty much detested by all here so I'm not sure what you were expecting.

http://m.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21901571/source-pats-switched-backup-balls-2nd-half

I'll tell you what. We'll only count the points the Pats scored with confirmed legal balls.

Pats 28

Colts 7

I'll tell you what, when you stop writing your posts in crayon we will all start paying attention to your opinions. A Boston news source isn't really unbiased.

No need to. Those banners are hanging in that stadium and they ain't coming down. 

I guess I fail to understand something....do you take plight in the fact that the Patriots have definitively used illicit methods that may or may not have helped them to win those championships? Does that fact not diminish the championships for you at all? 

http://m.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21901571/source-pats-switched-backup-balls-2nd-half

I'll tell you what. We'll only count the points the Pats scored with confirmed legal balls.

Pats 28

Colts 7

Thanks for bring us back to page 16. This guy's got it guys, it's completely justified now. we're good now.

I think you win #patsfanexcusebingo

No need to. Those banners are hanging in that stadium and they ain't coming down. 

That and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Those banners are tainted. Hooray. I can hang a Superbowl Championship banner in my living room, but that doesn't make it legitimate.

You've been nothing but confrontational. Your only responses have been to either play the "haters" card, or to twist words and scenarios to aide your agenda. You are supporting a franchise with a history of cheating and expect people to take your side, or go along with your opinions? Yeah okay. This isn't a Patriots forum, the team is pretty much detested by all here so I'm not sure what you were expecting.

I'm not 'expecting' anything...trust me if I was being confrontational you would know it. 

I don't know why some of you are getting so upset at US....we support our team as we always have, sure...thats called being a fan...but we as fans have nothing to do with this. We are just reacting to news that comes out, same as everyone else. 

If I make an observation that many of you guys seem super stoked about this as if it somehow validates everything you've ever thought about the Patriots...it is simply that: an observation. And many have admitted that that is exactly as they feel, so I'm not sure exactly how that qualifies as me being confrontational...but that's fine.

Look, I'm not going to complain about the formations, deflated balls vis a vis the Ravens. Not even sure we could have won in Indy the next week had we won with that secondary we had.

That being said, if these allegations are true, it is sad for Bellichick, Brady, and the Patriots because it would tarnish a top coach, QB, and owner. If these charges are true, and we have to wait for due process, this can't be a light fine and a seventh round pick, due to the previous fine and lost draft choice for the video taping incidents. My thoughts are Bellichick should receive a one year suspension. The template has already been set with Sean Peyton. Goddell will be under close scrutiny after he gave light punishment to Ray Rice after his incident. Still, there are still many facts to come in before this would occur. We will see how it shapes up.

I guess I fail to understand something....do you take plight in the fact that the Patriots have definitively used illicit methods that may or may not have helped them to win those championships? Does that fact not diminish the championships for you at all? 

No it doesnt. Because there are two parts of these issues.

1. The action itself, which I havent defended once.

2. The advantage gained.

I myself choose to believe that it gave the team a huge advantage. I listen to what other people in the game say about it, former players/coaches etc....and I form an opinion. Other may disagree and that's fine...that's why it's called an opinion. In none of my posts have I said something along the lines of 'hahah look at all our Championships I dont care how we got them we are the best regardless sucks to be you!!!' All I've said is that the Championships will remain in the record books, the banners are not coming down, and I as a lifelong fan won't let anything ruin the way I felt watching the team win those championships. 

I don't think that's an unfair perspective, is it?

I'm not 'expecting' anything...trust me if I was being confrontational you would know it. 

I don't know why some of you are getting so upset at US....we support our team as we always have...but we have nothing to do with this. We are just reacting to news that comes out, same as everyone else. 

If I make an observation that many of you guys seem super stoked about this as if it somehow validates everything you've ever thought about the Patriots...it is simply that: an observation. And many have admitted that that is exactly as they feel, so I'm not sure exactly how that qualifies as me being confrontational...but that's fine.

Believe me this news made me the happiest girl (guy actually) at the dance. Before Spygate I just didn't like the Patriots, kind of how I feel towards the Yankees and Virginia Tech.    

I personally don't get how you can support the team and claim championships as legitimate when there is obvious taint associated with them. That's your right, and I suppose you are being a good fan. Morally I have an issue with supporting cheating. I'm a parent and wouldn't want my son to think it's "okay to cheat, because you would have won anyway."

Post spy-gate I'm always suspicious of the Patriots, and this just validates my suspicions. They are dirty. Look I give Brady crap for whining, and BB crap for being a bridge troll, but this is legit wrong.

To your point I'm not being confrontational. I go out of my way to not be on here. If I wanted to I could verbally eviscerate some people, but it's the internet and football. It's really not worth it. I'm being argumentative because that adds to the discussion.  

I don't have an issue with you. I don't really see you on here that often. I do have major issues with the team you support. Don't take anything personal. You didn't cheat yourself, your favorite NFL team did.

No it doesnt. Because there are two parts of these issues.

1. The action itself, which I havent defended once.

2. The advantage gained.

I myself choose to believe that it gave the team a huge advantage. I listen to what other people in the game say about it, former players/coaches etc....and I form an opinion. Other may disagree and that's fine...that's why it's called an opinion. In none of my posts have I said something along the lines of 'hahah look at all our Championships I dont care how we got them we are the best regardless sucks to be you!!!' All I've said is that the Championships will remain in the record books, the banners are not coming down, and I as a lifelong fan won't let anything ruin the way I felt watching the team win those championships. 

I don't think that's an unfair perspective, is it?

Not at all, that's something you felt that can never be taken away from you. But this is something that will never be forgotten by anyone else either. To you the Pats are the best team ever. To me, my family, my friends, my future kids as well as most people outside of New England will know those championships were confirmed to be ill-gotten.