Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Phill Simms the worst NFL announcer?

Nesjan3

If I counted the amount of mistakes, stutters, stumbles calling players names who weren't in the play etc, the number would be very high. On the 3rd and long play backed up where Luck through an INT he called it a very poor punt, I bursted out laughing, and he seems to be biased against the Colts and does a fair amount of there games. How is this guy an announcer?

That INT could be considered a poor punt.  I think the throw went 39 yards.  If we run a play and get nothing, McAfee comes out and punts.  A poor punt would be 39 yards.  Makes sense to me.  I don't like the decision Luck made because I think McAfee can kick it way farther than 39 yards, especially in the thin Denver air.  But what Simms said makes sense to me

If I counted the amount of mistakes, stutters, stumbles calling players names who weren't in the play etc, the number would be very high. On the 3rd and long play backed up where Luck through an INT he called it a very poor punt, I bursted out laughing, and he seems to be biased against the Colts and does a fair amount of there games. How is this guy an announcer?

Do you understand what it means when he called it "a very poor punt"..?

He's not the only analyst to use that expression.    Most all of them do.    And that's what it was....

Roughly 35-40 yards exchanged on the INT.      Which is what we'd gain on "a really poor punt"...    Same difference.

Simms is fine.     He's not great,  but he's not bad,  and he's certainly NOT deserving of "How is this guy an announcer?"

If I counted the amount of mistakes, stutters, stumbles calling players names who weren't in the play etc, the number would be very high. On the 3rd and long play backed up where Luck through an INT he called it a very poor punt, I bursted out laughing, and he seems to be biased against the Colts and does a fair amount of there games. How is this guy an announcer?

Not sure why you busted up laughing. That's basically what it was

That INT could be considered a poor punt.  I think the throw went 39 yards.  If we run a play and get nothing, McAfee comes out and punts.  A poor punt would be 39 yards.  Makes sense to me.  I don't like the decision Luck made because I think McAfee can kick it way farther than 39 yards, especially in the thin Denver air.  But what Simms said makes sense to me

It did..both interceptions didn't hurt...

..and Luck knew that would be the case when he threw long with the lead on 3rd down.

Some interceptions mean a lot and some mean nothing....That's why I don't like the QB rating which leans hevily on picks

I almost muted the television because of Simms.

Not sure why you busted up laughing. That's basically what it was

the blunders he had been making all game leading up to that just built up I geuss and I couldn't help it, I didn't consider that commentators do often use that term for a long INT from that point of the field, but in my opinion you really don't know with him

the blunders he had been making all game leading up to that just built up I geuss and I couldn't help it, I didn't consider that commentators do often use that term for a long INT from that point of the field, but in my opinion you really don't know with him

Yeah him and collinsworth are the worst. I wish i could get the radio broadcast to be in sync with the cable broadcast. Would much rather listen to Layme

Yeah him and collinsworth are the worst. I wish i could get the radio broadcast to be in sync with the cable broadcast. Would much rather listen to Layme

He drives me nuts too. "TOUCHDOWN.....ahhhh, he dropped it". He accidentally breaks my heart all too often.

Joe Buck tops them all. I think he wanted to make love to Aaron Rodgers and his amputated leg.

See I think all the play-by-play guys for the big national teams are good except for Buck while all the color guys stink except for Aikman. 

Michaels is a living legend when it comes to play-by-play.  I think Nantz is really good and Tirico has been under rated for years.  Collinsworth is a Pats homer, Simms think he's the smartest person in the room and think he knows how the game is going to go before it starts and calls it that way regardless of what happens, and Gruden tries way too hard to be cute and funny. 

See I think all the play-by-play guys for the big national teams are good except for Buck while all the color guys stink except for Aikman. 

Michaels is a living legend when it comes to play-by-play.  I think Nantz is really good and Tirico has been under rated for years.  Collinsworth is a Pats homer, Simms think he's the smartest person in the room and think he knows how the game is going to go before it starts and calls it that way regardless of what happens, and Gruden tries way too hard to be cute and funny.

I like michaels and Aikman.....that's about it lol. Nanz has just gotten on my nerves after so many yrs.