Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts v. Denver - predictions

Esquire59

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't have to have a ton of sacks on Peyton.  We just have to get to him.  Specially up the middle.  Game plan needs to be quick screens and delayed screens to boom and trent.  Get there pass rushers up the field and drop it off to the running backs.  All game long.  Its what beat Freeney and Mathis, so I am sure it can beat Ware and Miller.  Maybe bring back the running attack we had against the Eagles.  I remember a wrinkle we did but can't remember exactly what it was. 

They are not going to let us subsitute our defensive players so we should not let them either. 

Bengals had a good game plan on the A gap blitzes....Im sure they have worked on them. 

Lets face it.... The Broncos have more talent than we do....

The broncos are playing at home

The Broncos are heavy favorites

Seems like a lot of pressure if we keep it close.....

Positives for Colts:

Special Teams

Manning coming off of Playoff Bye

Will be a close one and easily the game of the week.  The Ravens beat em there and so can we...

In many cases I'd agree that coming off a playoff bye is a positive for the opponent, but with Denver's week 4 bye a distant memory and Manning being old and getting over the flu and thigh, I think it's a massive positive for Denver.

Denver 36 Colts 24

I think I believe less and less in making predictions every year.  Did anyone else catch Bruschi's prediction for the Cincy game?  I can't believe he gets paid to talk about the game, given how shallow his analysis was.  His point: Hill is a beast and the Colts can't stop the run or run the ball.  Bottom line is that each game is a chess match, but no one made the point that iff the Colts committed to stop the run, it was unlikely that Dalton could make them pay without Green or Gresham.  It seemed an obvious point.  Meanwhile, the Colt RBs ran for 4.3 ypc, and the Bengal RBs ran for 3.3 ypc (absent the gadget play to start the game). 

The chess match for this game: if the Colts crowd the middle of the field to limit TE receptions and the run game, can Peyton take advantage of man-coverage on the WRs?  Can the Colts get to Manning by blitzing, and will it open up throws to enable Manning to pick them apart?  What will Denver do to slow down the Colts - play balanced D and hope Luck makes some of his signature bad decisions?

I'm not going to lie, I find the "BronColt Peyton is #1" fans to be annoying (no offense- I'm sure some of you are very nice). 

I've been hoping for this playoff matchup now for 3 years, because A. The Colts can win it and B. it's a chance to watch the turncoats eat crow.

I think the Broncos will lean on the run game- that might be a blessing or a curse, depending on how well the Colts D plays. 

I don't think Manning can out gun Luck in this scenario and given how he's looked the last few weeks, I think he can be rattled with some pressure.

I do think Luck will need to be lights out in order to win. Should be interesting.  

Be careful he blocked me for calling him out on being annoying and not being able to make up his mind about a favorite team. lmao

All I know is that on the Broncos forum, the big discussion is about who they're gonna be playing / who they'd rather be playing in the AFC championship game: New England or Baltimore.

Arrogant bunch of "die-hards since 2012". They can have fun looking ahead like we can. They should be confident, but that and $5 will get you a small coffee at Starbucks.

Dang this group is all over the place here. I'd guess it's gonna be a close nail biting game. If the colts can play early and not go 3&out off the bat, we have a shot against Manning. We have to keep our defense fresh by maintaining drives. On the other hand, if we happen to get a quick turnover from our defense or score 7 before they do, it will put more pressure on Manning to try and do just a little more. Manning is a smart player and will get into the right plays no doubt, it will be, can he make that throw and will his team mates be on the same page. A pick 6 and/or a return for 6 would be awesome and a pressure setter.

On the colts side, Luck needs that same pocket as last week and he needs to run a few more times up the gut. Those runs last week were open a lot and he chose the dump off, don't blame him but make the defense put a spy on Luck instead of in pass defense or the runner.

This Colts team has its best chance to win Sunday against the Bronco's

Arrogant bunch of "die-hards since 2012". They can have fun looking ahead like we can. They should be confident, but that and $5 will get you a small coffee at Starbucks.

They've always been pretty die-hard, but never as arrogant as they are now. Not even with Elway were they this cocky.

If the Colts play their cards right, there could be some sad Donkey fans come Sunday.

Colts get some pass rush and rattle Peyton. Defense bends but doesn't break. Offense scores some touchdowns as line continues to block decently well! Colts win!

If the Colts come out physical and play fast and with heart.

Colts 34-28

If Colts can't block and come out slow..

Den 31-21

Go Colts!!!!

Colts get some pass rush and rattle Peyton. Defense bends but doesn't break. Offense scores some touchdowns as line continues to block decently well! Colts win!

If the Colts come out physical and play fast and with heart.

Colts 34-28

If Colts can't block and come out slow..

Den 31-21

Go Colts!!!!

Got Damnit....as much as I would hate to hear you say that out loud it would hurt me....................... But dang it it's true :P

I want to get this win very badly!  I just want to shut that crew up on NFL Network, mainly Willie Mcguinest who names every reason in the world to pick against the Colts in the playoffs each week.  We got to get this win!!!

The Colts have to start fast on offense and put pressure on Peyton.  Peyton has been just ordinary most of December - the Colts have to take advantage of that and put pressure on him.  His lollipop arm has to be exploited.  I'm not convinced that Luck's supporting cast is good enough at this level of the playoffs and being on the road.  Denver relies on the CJ Anderson and its defense to control the game

Den - 27

Colts - 23