Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Broncos -- The Matchup (merge)

MJD42

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't change the fact that the secondary is still one of our strengths. That's why the pats ran it down our throat and didn't bother throwing the ball

And the Colts got lit up multiple times this season.

One of your great "secondary" guy got put into the NBC camera who was yapping all game.  Had to be taken out of the club.

And the Pats' secondary did a better job against the Colts shutting down Wayne and Hilton.

I think the Colts can win this game. Their defense looked solid today with a good rush. If they can do that to Manning then they will get some ducks. Luck and TY need to be sharper. And no fumbles. Have to play clean. Denver has not lost at home so it will be a big challenge to beat them there. Anyone know what the weather is supposed to be?

That is part of the reason why I wanted Denver to avoid Indy because of Manning's emotions . I could tell it bothered him last year and it probably did this year . The colts and Denver are both completely different teams from week one . Should be an interesting matchup nonetheless .

Most definitely. The fact that it bothers him can be considered a weakness from a football standpoint, but i respect the fact that he's human and cares. The tribute we gave him last season was a touching moment to observe, and you could see the love shown to him was mutual based off of his reaction.

Regardless who wins, I'm rooting for whoever comes out of this game the rest of the way

I think the Colts can win this game. Their defense looked solid today with a good rush. If they can do that to Manning then they will get some ducks. Luck and TY need to be sharper. And no fumbles. Have to play clean. Denver has not lost at home so it will be a big challenge to beat them there. Anyone know what the weather is supposed to be?

Wasn't their loss to Cincy a home game?

Most definitely. The fact that it bothers him can be considered a weakness from a football standpoint, but i respect the fact that he's human and cares. The tribute we gave him last season was a touching moment to observe, and you could see the love shown to him was mutual based off of his reaction.

Regardless who wins, I'm rooting for whoever comes out of this game the rest of the way

It will be emotional for Luck as well. This is his chance to make a statement that the Colts made the right decision moving on from Manning to him. Not that the Colts did not make the right decision, they did long term but this game is his chance to seal the deal and knock Manning out.

Yeah I kind of felt we were going to lose Manning looked sad before the game even started ... I remember his eyes were so red . Either way if we don't go all the way I hope the Colts take the AFC . I honestly don't see Baltimore beating NE and I wouldn't not be able to stomach a NE vs Seattle Super Bowl .

It was a nice win against a team we already dominated in the regular season with just a mediocre QB that missed his number 1 receiver and tight end. Not taking away anything but Colts looked good against average teams and now have to proof they can beat the big guys. Still chances are there and Peyton Manning always had his problems in the playoffs especially after a bye weak...

Hopefully, "Playoff Peyton" will show up.  Interceptions, etc.  If the D can get something going and throw him off of his rhythm, they can win.  Of course, Colts' O has to produce.  

Posted · Hidden by Superman, January 4, 2015 - personal spat, inflammatory
Hidden by Superman, January 4, 2015 - personal spat, inflammatory

Can you post without being insulting?

Terrible poster imho. I couldn't care less if he/she cares about my opinion. Don't waste your time with him/her. You're better off arguing with me over useless stats and such.

Yeah I kind of felt we were going to lose Manning looked sad before the game even started ... I remember his eyes were so red . Either way if we don't go all the way I hope the Colts take the AFC . I honestly don't see Baltimore beating NE and I wouldn't not be able to stomach a NE vs Seattle Super Bowl .

Yeah that's my nightmare scenario.

Our secondary is one of the strengths of the team. Stopping the run will be the challenge

Yeah, the Broncos have been making a concerted effort for weeks to run the ball, and have done a good job of it. However, I think the Colts defense can handle their run game. We can't handle Julius Thomas in the red zone, if Week 1 is any indication, and we're still soft in the middle of the pass defense, especially against good QBs. I personally don't believe the reports of Manning's demise, so I still think the primary challenge is against the pass. But you're right, they have a good rushing attack, also.

If the secondary can play like they did the first time when they shut down Denver's WRs, we have a real shot. We have shown we can slow down the run when we are on our game. CBs need to play aggressive knowing that Peyton doesn't have quite the same arm he used to meaning his deep throws aren't as deep.

Offensively, gotta run the ball or at least have a threat of it like we did today. Having no run game will allow Ware and Miller to tee off against Luck. And NO Drops by receivers!

Posted · Hidden by Superman, January 4, 2015 - personal spat, inflammatory
Hidden by Superman, January 4, 2015 - personal spat, inflammatory

Can you post without being insulting?

Please stop. Pats secondary has zero to do with this game.

Stop being arrogant and condescending as if your opinion means more than others.

I agree ...   SOAP OPERA TYPE TV... 

but Indy better be on point .. or they will get blown out. 

I think Indy will win.       I think Luck is getting on a ROLL

Oh and more Moncrief, Boom, and Tipton...        

this is three years in the making. everyone knew this was gonna happen eventually. ANDREW VS PEYTON IN THE PLAYOFFS. you cant ask for a better matchup

It will be emotional for Luck as well. This is his chance to make a statement that the Colts made the right decision moving on from Manning to him. Not that the Colts did not make the right decision, they did long term but this game is his chance to seal the deal and knock Manning out.

I can't see that angle on Luck's end. Sure, the media will play it up that way, but I don't think this game will be as defining a moment in his career as it will be for Peyton. Luck has a long career ahead of him yet. He's also never embraced the idea that he's "replacing" Peyton. It makes for a nice storyline, but i don't think there's any pressure on Luck going in. This could very well be the last time Peyton faces off against the Colts in his career. Unlikely, but you never know, he could retire at the end of this season