Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (-3) @ Cincinnatti (12-22-14)

oldunclemark

Oh man I went to that game last year but my raincoat wasn't rainproof lol. At halftime with a good lead my buddy said you look horrible- wanna leave- yep. And I never leave.

Don't know what my buddy's obsession is going to the last game of the year in NE.

Looks like only showers this time.

But yeah last year was a horrible cold wind driven rain.

I had my dad's raincoat, maybe two layers of pants, and two layers of shirts, followed by my own coat. Still got drenched. We have things going on that Sunday that I don't want to miss, (and I REALLY don't want to miss any of the division-deciding games, like Lions-Packers or Bengals-Steelers), so maybe I can high-tail it out of there by halftime or somewhere in the 3rd quarter.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my dad's raincoat, maybe two layers of pants, and two layers of shirts, followed by my own coat. Still got drenched. We have things going on that Sunday that I don't want to miss, (and I REALLY don't want to miss any of the division-deciding games, like Lions-Packers or Bengals-Steelers), so maybe I can high-tail it out of there by halftime or somewhere in the 3rd quarter.

Well I'll be on the Buffalo side- hey- they're cheaper tickets :)

Oh you are right we are heading to Foxboro oh well Pitt will get Denver wouldn't be surprised to see Big Ben get them to the big game

I wouldn't count the Bengals out vs the Steelers. They love to return favors. Browns beat the Bengals in Cincinnati, Bengals returned the favor big time. Pitt. beat the Bengals in Cincinnati, I feel the Bengals have the strength on D to beat the Steelers at Pitt.

They could go on a roll and get the #3 seed outright setting up a #3 vs #6 Bengals vs Chargers matchup which would mean a #4 vs #5 matchup between the Steelers and Colts.

Or NE making it past. Sorry but too many folks think these games are guaranteed. They're NOT :)

I don't know, I'm currently debating with my uncle who can beat the Pats. I certainly don't want the Bengals or Colts going back into Foxboro, it'll be basically another bye for the Patriots. With the Bengals, you'll get playoff big game Dalton, with the Colts, you're guaranteed 40 points. At this point I'm willing to give the Steelers or even the Ravens a chance (if they're still in it as a matter of fact)....

I don't know, I'm currently debating with my uncle who can beat the Pats. I certainly don't want the Bengals or Colts going back into Foxboro, it'll be basically another bye for the Patriots. With the Bengals, you'll get playoff big game Dalton, with the Colts, you're guaranteed 40 points. At this point I'm willing to give the Steelers or even the Ravens a chance (if they're still in it as a matter of fact)....

Hard to say as it always is in the NFL- Bengals IF they stay hot- who knows. I don't think the Ravens would have it in them.

Steelers could be a game.

Colts? well just sit Tom and run :disco:

Hard to say as it always is in the NFL- Bengals IF they stay hot- who knows. I don't think the Ravens would have it in them.

Bengals weren't great Monday...Broncos gave up 200 yards rushing..another 150 on special teams

..and Peyton tossed 4 gifts

//That's not going to happen again

Haven't the Patriots put up 40+ on the Colts in like the last 3 or so meetings? This year, the playoffs last year, and Luck's first game in Foxboro...

Steelers at this point are battle-tested. Sure the Patriots have had their number, but I'd rather see someone else have a chance at knocking them off instead of seeing a blowout that you can see a mile away.

Bengals weren't great Monday...Broncos gave up 200 yards rushing..another 150 on special teams

..and Peyton tossed 4 gifts

//That's not going to happen again

But I would say Bengals rushed for 200 yds and made 4 INTs.

But yeah I get your drift. Add the Broncos made a lot of other mistakes and Dalton couldn't put it away with some horrible passes almost int'd.

Haven't the Patriots put up 40+ on the Colts in like the last 3 or so meetings? This year, the playoffs last year, and Luck's first game in Foxboro...

Steelers at this point are battle-tested. Sure the Patriots have had their number, but I'd rather see someone else have a chance at knocking them off instead of seeing a blowout that you can see a mile away.

Yeah they have and without a colts defense could do so again. That's half the battle.

But yeah I get your drift. Add the Broncos made a lot of other mistakes and Dalton couldn't put it away with some horrible passes almost int'd.

True enough..got to give Cincy credit for rushing for 200..that's not luck.

Ran some nice plays and made 'em work

You shouldn't call the Pats 'overpriced'..

That's just disrespectful

I am talking about the Bronco's and all the FA's they brought in and all the crying that we didn't spend freely We will see who Is built for the long haul I know their window is smaller because of Peyton I think it is closed and they will be in some cap problems real soon.

Pats do it the right way Grigs is trying

I am talking about the Bronco's and all the FA's they brought in and all the crying that we didn't spend freely We will see who Is built for the long haul I know their window is smaller because of Peyton I think it is closed and they will be in some cap problems real soon.

Pats do it the right way Grigs is trying

Pat, Bronocs and Colts...which team has won in the last 10 years?

Managed the game and won all with nothing from AJ Green Cinny is going to be a tough out. They can run the ball and play D can't wait to see the Steelers game.  

Scoreboard would indicate they were put away. They are going to beat Pittsburg too we will play the Steelers.

Some thoughts on the game, stayed up to watch the whole thing.

1) Denver has serious issues everywhere. That may have been one of the worst special teams performances in the history of Monday night. More than 200 yards on kick returns were given up by Denver and the missed FG. Their STs have not been good all year but that was awful. Every time Denver had some momentum, Cincy got it back with a big return.

2) The only guy that seems to be balling on Denver's defense is Talib. Where was Miller all night? I realize Cincy did not pass a lot but Denver's front was demolished in the run game by a rookie RB. You could also see how much losing Marshall and Treventhan hurt them at the LB level. Those guys just could not cover the run or pass.

3) Manning - four picks including a pick six. I don't understand why Denver went away from the no huddle in the fourth quarter when it was working so well in the third. Perhaps Cincy was getting a beat on it but Manning was under siege all night. His Oline was dreadful and his passes were off all night. The last pick six might have been his worst decision and throw of the year.

4) Major props to Cincy for that game plan to run and take the ball out of Dalton's hands especially since Green was not able to really play after the opening series.

5) Denver has not secured the bye yet. If they lose to Oakland, very unlikely, the Bengals or Steelers will get it from them. Although Oakland is playing well now and played Denver tough for one half when they first met.

I think the Ravens are eliminated with the win by Cincy last night. I hope so anyways. They are the only team I fear coming to Foxboro. Even though this year's version is not great especially the secondary.

In terms of other foes to give NE trouble, Pitt has real issues on defense especially defending the pass. Their offense basically goes through Bell and Bryant. I think the Pats have the defense to neutralize their explosiveness and also the pass game to take advantage of their secondary. Brady has historically had great games vs Lebeau.

In reality, even after last night's game, Denver is still the second best team in the AFC. They have good match ups vs the Pats on paper but I question right now if they are playing well enough to compete. They have a lot of injuries and seem to be springing leaks everywhere.

possible but looking like NE will be sitting this one out with how Denver hasn't showed up in Cincy. Look like the Colts out there. Not seen the defense play this sloppy all year and that OL looks a mess.

Moot now but Denver has to win to secure the bye otherwise the Steelers or Cincy will take it from them.

Things are shaping up for a NE/Colts show down in the divisional round. :)