Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (-3) @ Cincinnatti (12-22-14)

oldunclemark

I was at the game. It was a lot of fun, and a great game until the 4th Qtr. Man did it pour.

Bengals were on a mission, and played a really great game all around to secure the playoffs.

Obviously wasn't Peyton's night, but I still had a good time, great seats, 7th row behind the bench, and always love watching our hometown boy, Mike Nugent kick. That kid is awesome and nearly perfect kicking.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. 1 gets 6. I would think either the Steelers or Bengals would handle SD. But could happen.

the chargers have a weird confidence going right now. who knows though. The colts will be lucky to get out of the first round if they don't figure some things out in a hurry

the chargers have a weird confidence going right now. who knows though. The colts will be lucky to get out of the first round if they don't figure some things out in a hurry

They beat Cincy last year in the WC card so I would think they would be hoping for them. Pitt has pretty much owned them in the post-season but that SD defense is very good and I have to think Rivers will be able to pass all over that secondary.

I was at the game. It was a lot of fun, and a great game until the 4th Qtr. Man did it pour.

Bengals were on a mission, and played a really great game all around to secure the playoffs.

Obviously wasn't Peyton's night, but I still had a good time, great seats, 7th row behind the bench, and always love watching our hometown boy, Mike Nugent kick. That kid is awesome and nearly perfect kicking.

Oh I didn't know you had 7th row. Were you dressed?  did you get wet? . Ah well..that's football eh ;)

Oh I didn't know you had 7th row. Were you dressed?  did you get wet? . Ah well..that's football eh ;)

yes, I was dressed,   haha   I mean it would have caused quite a scene if I wasn't,  now wouldn't it?     :lol:

Actually, we couldn't believe how warm it was that close down to the field.  We were fine,  until the rain came.  That got a bit uncomfortable and we eventually moved up under cover.   

Well looks like  Gramz  is getting wet but I know she doesn't care. haha

I was just thinking about her there./.

....poor baby...poor rained on baby!

yes, we did get wet,  and no  I didn't care.  Believe it or not,  it was really warm where we were sitting (until the rain started)   Didn't much care for the outcome,  but still had a great time, and a lot of fun with all the people in our section.    It was a good mix of Bengals AND Broncos fans.   

Well I'll be on the Buffalo side- hey- they're cheaper tickets :)

Sorry but I'm so glad that they don't HAVE to win on Sunday... I'm confident that they could have pulled it off obviously, but really wanted no part of a defensively talented, nothing-to-lose team in the Bills. 

Just gotta hope they get through that one without any injuries. Treat it like a preseason game! 

Indy will beat the Chargers if they make it in they will turn it around . I personally don't think SD makes it in I think it will be Baltimore

Sorry but I'm so glad that they don't HAVE to win on Sunday... I'm confident that they could have pulled it off obviously, but really wanted no part of a defensively talented, nothing-to-lose team in the Bills. 

Just gotta hope they get through that one without any injuries. Treat it like a preseason game! 

Me too. Always great to not have to win and get the home field wrapped up. We are dinged up as well with Edelman, Connolly and Arrington. Basically it will be two weeks off now instead of one before the divisional round. That is huge. I will take it every time.

Oh I'm glad since nothing is guaranteed in this league. Bill Usually treats it like a 3rd preseason game-starters play for 3 qtrs.

There's no way he would sit out people with a bye coming up..that's too long.

Oh I'm glad since nothing is guaranteed in this league. Bill Usually treats it like a 3rd preseason game-starters play for 3 qtrs.

There's no way he would sit out people with a bye coming up..that's too long.

I think we see a lot of Jimmy. Just a feeling but I think Brady plays the first quarter and that is it. Hurt players won't play at all - Edelman, Connolly, Arrington and I doubt big Vince sees the field either.

Unlike other seasons, I think Bill knows what type of team he has here and how dialed in they are. I think you rest the key guys and starters for most if not all of this game.

I think we see a lot of Jimmy. Just a feeling but I think Brady plays the first quarter and that is it. Hurt players won't play at all - Edelman, Connolly, Arrington and I doubt big Vince sees the field either.

Unlike other seasons, I think Bill knows what type of team he has here and how dialed in they are. I think you rest the key guys and starters for most if not all of this game.

Wanna bet? :)  He never has in the past. Particularly if they play bad.

They must stay sharp.

I'll go Brady 3 qtrs.

Words can not Explain how * I am ..... I'm to upset for words . The Broncos are now 0-4 in games ref'd by Bill Vinovich he's a curse and I better not see him again or I'm going to lose it I despise that man .

Denver won't finish 13-3 for the first time in the Manning Era which could be a blessing in disguise..

Manning hasn't lost to the same team twice in the same season since his tenure in Den hopefully we will see the Bengals again in our house

Hopefully this is a wake up call to the team .

This is all .

Wanna bet? :)  He never has in the past. Particularly if they play bad.

They must stay sharp.

I'll go Brady 3 qtrs.

Yeah, you may be right. I think one year he had Cassell play all of the second half. We lost on the last drive. Other than that, the starters have played. But I have to think the dinged up guys get a break. You can't risk losing Edelman and Blount and Connolly for the post-season. I don't want to see Revis or Browner out there either.

Are the Bills playing for anything or did Cincy's win knock the out?

I hate to drop reality on Denver fans Manning has won a playoff games in back to back seasons once in his career...one and done is where my money is

If you know your history you'll know where your going to.....just a Buffalo Soldier

The season isn't over yet I don't care what has happened in the past as long as Denver is in their chances are just as good as everyone else in the playoffs . I won't give up on our season until we are eliminated .

Sorry if I sound a little defensive I'm just a little upset with some of the other Denver fans being so negative on the Denver boards . It's sad to see your own fans turn on their team over one game . I think a lot of Denver fans take these last few seasons for granted . Once Manning is gone we are stuck with OZ.

Ravens have Cleveland at home so they should win. SD is on the road in KC but this is the type of game they usually win when the playoffs are at stake. I just wonder how hurt Rivers is.

I think KC will win this one just a feeling I don't think they want to end their season with a loss to a divisional rival . I wouldn't be surprised if SD sneaks in the playoffs because they somehow did last year . I think Rivers is really hurt but the guy is tough as nails he's the same guy who played with a torn acl against your team in the AFC championship game.

I think KC will win this one just a feeling I don't think they want to end their season with a loss to a divisional rival . I wouldn't be surprised if SD sneaks in the playoffs because they somehow did last year . I think Rivers is really hurt but the guy is tough as nails he's the same guy who played with a torn acl against your team in the AFC championship game.

Tough game to call for sure.

I am a big fan of Rivers and his toughness and emotion. I remember that AFC game and him playing on that ACL while Tomlinson sat out because he felt he did have a burst of speed to continue playing after the first quarter. The juxtaposition was stunning. Rivers will always have my respect.

Wanna bet? :) He never has in the past. Particularly if they play bad.

They must stay sharp.

I'll go Brady 3 qtrs.

I don't think they'll fully sit anyone unless they're recovering from a nagging injury, but man a part of me would die inside if they sustained a serious injury to Gronk, Revis, Brady or McCourty

I think Wilfork is veteran enough where you can limit his snaps and it won't effect him with the bye, in guessing Revis is in the same boat

I just cross my fingers for no injuries, that's the main thing that could derail this season

The season isn't over yet I don't care what has happened in the past as long as Denver is in their chances are just as good as everyone else in the playoffs . I won't give up on our season until we are eliminated .

Sorry if I sound a little defensive I'm just a little upset with some of the other Denver fans being so negative on the Denver boards . It's sad to see your own fans turn on their team over one game . I think a lot of Denver fans take these last few seasons for granted . Once Manning is gone we are stuck with OZ.

Doesn't matter your record or seed, just that you have a ticket to the dance.

Broncos are capable of beating anyone in the league, anywhere. . Nothing is a given and this is shaping up to be a very exciting tournament.

I'm happy the Patriots have HFA, but that doesn't guarantee them anything. I've witnessed them lose playoff games at home before, it can certainly happen again but I like their chances. . Nobody had them as the first seed, people were saying they're done, they'll trade Brady, etc but they kept fighting and earned it

Good luck to you (except when playing the Pats lol)

I hate to drop reality on Denver fans Manning has won a playoff games in back to back seasons once in his career...one and done is where my money is

If you know your history you'll know where your going to.....just a Buffalo Soldier

Denver will play at NE for the AFC title on Jan. 18...we've been heading towards that game all season.

IF we make it into the playoffs, whether we go deep or not entirely will depend on how many key players we can get back.  We can't field the team that went 5-1 right now.  Unlike some teams that start off that hot and collapse, we were no fluke.  Crucial season ending injuries tore up that team and we've been finding and developing players all season long (only to replace the replacements and start all over again at square one.)

Our coaching staff has been nothing short of amazing to be able to keep these guys in the hunt.  The team itself has an incredible trust and confidence in one another - it's really fun to watch them fight and claw and never give up.  I calculated the positional losses yesterday 4 centers, 2 right guards, 4 cornerbacks and on and on.  23+ just counting season ending or multi-game injuries.  

Do we have enough left in the tank to compete in the playoffs?  I hope to get to see it.  We can't start slow against KC at home when they have an outside shot at the playoffs themselves.  

What you all will need to be wary of is our team next year.  Our young guys got much more playing time than they would have and the team is developing a belief that they can play with an beat anyone.  Our vets should be back plus what ever magic Tom Telesco pulls out of his hat to continue building our depth.

Fun times ahead in SD

Denver will play at NE for the AFC title on Jan. 18...we've been heading towards that game all season.

Are you sure about that?.

I hate when he throws those stupid pick sixes and has a poker face.

Denver defense played great. Special team sucked as always but offense lost the game for Denver.

Shall we take one game at a time?. Let them win the divisional round first before we start talking about AFCCG. 

A poster posted this:

They say Cutler is the biggest tease in the NFL, I find that statement incorrect. Cutler is the biggest let down, Manning is the biggest tease in professional football. Every year he makes it look like your team are Superbowl contenders, but he is the main reason his teams choke in the postseason. He is a catch-22

I have to agree.

IF we make it into the playoffs, whether we go deep or not entirely will depend on how many key players we can get back. We can't field the team that went 5-1 right now. Unlike some teams that start off that hot and collapse, we were no fluke. Crucial season ending injuries tore up that team and we've been finding and developing players all season long (only to replace the replacements and start all over again at square one.)

I hear you man, health is a huge part of what of what determines how far you go once you're in the dance.

Injuries are extremely frustrating and borderline depressing as a fan and I feel for anyone that had to endure those, especially in a promising season where your team could be competitive for a SB.

Last year was devestating for Pats fans when all of our defensive captains had season ending injuries. I can't ever remember a year where so much star power was lost for the season. Wilfork, Mayo, Gronkowski who had some of the highest salaries on the team (because of their impact to the game ) were all done.

The only person Brady had to throw it to was Edelman, and we still managed to make to the AFCCG but once you get to that stage you need your studs, and all we did was lose another one when Talib left the game after the pick play by Welker, at which point D Thomas who was being held in check all game started to tear us apart once he was down and we just had no answer at all.

I think we started like 6 rookies or something on defense last year, it was absurd.

So I definitely feel for you and I just pray the Pats can stay healthy for this tournament because they have all the studs they need to compete with anyone right now

They need to win a game (or two) first.

If Peyton plays like he has and special teams suck as usual, they won't unless the other team stinks up the joint or officials blow enough calls in Denver's favor to hand them the game. Based on history, I wouldn't bank on it.

If Denver plays against a decent or better QB, that secondary will probably get trashed, too. Don't even get me started on the penalties again.

Barring some miracle, Denver going in to NE is as much a death sentence as it is for every other AFC team.