Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Practice Report 11/19/14

TKnight24

Is Boom taking reps? 

You mean first team reps? Boom is obviously going to be taking reps.

I know I'll get roasted by most for saying this, but I'm actually for playing TRich the bulk of the time in the remaining games (like a 80/20 or 70/30 split). I'd like to see him get over 20 touches/game to see what he can do with them. Maybe it helps, maybe he bombs out. At least there's some definitive evidence one way or the other. 

@KBowenColts: Practice for Jaguars week has begun. No sign yet of Dwayne Allen. Arthur Jones is practicing. Chuck Pagano presser today around 1:30.

Practice getting underway here. More News to come

:colts:

Cool. Dwayne should rest this week unless his ankle sprain is nothing major. Obviously Pagano is the king of the coach speak. Someone could have been shot and we would say it's a scrape and is day to day. haha

But now that the Jags have somewhat of a running game with Denard Robinson and they know we can't stop the run. We may be in for a tough game... And it's the Jags too, terrible.

Cool. Dwayne should rest this week unless his ankle sprain is nothing major. Obviously Pagano is the king of the coach speak. Someone could have been shot and we would say it's a scrape and is day to day. haha

But now that the Jags have somewhat of a running game with Denard Robinson and they know we can't stop the run. We may be in for a tough game... And it's the Jags too, terrible.

Stack the box and press the receivers like there is no tomorrow.  We will destroy the Jags.

Stack the box and press the receivers like there is no tomorrow.  We will destroy the Jags.

I'm confident that we will win but our line is going to take a beating again. Hopefully Art Jones can survive it... haha

I'm curious on our running game, as well as everyone. I really want to see Trent succeed, or SOMEONE succeed at least, I don't care who specifically.

I'm confident that we will win but our line is going to take a beating again. Hopefully Art Jones can survive it... haha

I'm curious on our running game, as well as everyone. I really want to see Trent succeed, or SOMEONE succeed at least, I don't care who specifically.

I still feel our DL was set up to play the pass, and did not want Brady and Gronk beat them.  We got hammered by a no-name runner.  We thought containing him would be easy.....UHHH...it wasn't  :)

That's interesting. I wonder if that puts Whalen on the chopping block? I've just been assuming that Cribbs was brought in exclusively for ST and that his addition wouldn't have an impact on the WR corp. 

I don't know how they would practice punt/kick returns all day. Might as well get him in there doing WR work.

That's interesting. I wonder if that puts Whalen on the chopping block? I've just been assuming that Cribbs was brought in exclusively for ST and that his addition wouldn't have an impact on the WR corp. 

We'd be dumb to let Whalen go. He's not the best KR, but he's fearless and has great hands. 

Plus all he does at WR is catch everything that's thrown his way. 

Nicks on the other hand....

I totally agree. Moncrief and Cribbs need to get on the field.

I'm sure Cribbs will be returning kicks, they wouldn't have brought him in to be inactive on game day (I hope).

Unless I'm missing something with Nicks, as in he's a great asset in the run game (don't laugh), I can't see why Moncrief isn't in there for at least half of those snaps.

I don't know how they would practice punt/kick returns all day. Might as well get him in there doing WR work.

We'd be dumb to let Whalen go. He's not the best KR, but he's fearless and has great hands. 

Plus all he does at WR is catch everything that's thrown his way. 

Nicks on the other hand....

he is still a WR and in case of injuries he could step in and have a clue...

My post came out wrong and wasn't that well thought through. What I was really getting at is, 1) do we really carry 6 WRs the active game day roster; and 2) how solid is Cribbs' spot on the roster if injuries at other positions necessitate roster moves over the next few weeks? Carrying 6 WRs on the active game day roster is not ideal and more injuries at certain positions would make it hard to carry 6 WRs on the roster period. 

Cribbs is going through individual drills as WR.

I heard he is also the 3rd running back

Greg Toler has a concussion. 

Guessing it was when Edelman hit him after a play towards the end of game he did the same to Adams both were getting up after being blocked and got drilled when they were not looking .

Hopefully Pep can get creative with him.

Someone needs to get creative with something. Both Coordinators need to. Manusky at one point was calling his best games I've seen in his Colts career, now the defense is being torched

Pep still isn't using the weapons we have to their abilities. The fade route to Nicks for the TD should've been happening since week 1 so hopefully that continues. More reps for Moncrief are needed, and we need to get Richardson in space.

And stop with the bubble screens! This isn't Auburn here! Or Oregon, Mississippi State, or Texas A&M

Cribbs can be used as a multiple threat in this offense. Punt return. Kick return. Wide receiver. Screen and reverses. Speed kills.

Speed is scary, but it's ability to kill by itself is highly overrated.  Cordelle Patterson and Percy Harvin havn't been able to turn their scary speed into a lot of production.  

I heard he is also the 3rd running back

Guessing it was when Edelman hit him after a play towards the end of game he did the same to Adams both were getting up after being blocked and got drilled when they were not looking .

When I see that little creep, I would love to hit him into next week :)

That is it.  Toler did not have any concussion like symptom during or after the game.  He came in Monday with a headache per the Indy Star.