Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ty. hilton

keverton

It's not his fault. We just have a few big bodies better suited to the redzone. You cant take the top off a defense within 20 yards so it's easier to just put your big targets in there and sling it at them.

He will still get his. As long as the Colts get tye TD, I am not worried. Also before Sunday he had 3 in the last four.

For such a talent his lack of tds is frustrating. He seems to disappear in red zone downs why is this.

....... How is it frustrating? He's a leading WR in yards in the whole NFL if that helps you de-frustrate any

Wins should be more important than stats IMO, but that's just me. I'd rather have 12 wins with Hilton only having 6 TD's in the season than Hilton having 14 TD's and the team have 12 losses

There's more weapons on this team than it was last year and his rookie year

Now with that being said, Allen & Bradshaw are now injured so Hilton's role (and hopefully Moncrief's too) will drastically increase so hold your horses on the frustration there

:hug:

The Patriots put their 5th best DB on him. That was the shocker of the night. Revis took Wayne at age 36.

Pretty tough to see very pattern by every receiver on TV. I would bet that if Revis had Wayne (we know he did) that would leave safety help rotating to Nicks or Hilton. Now going a set further , Nicks can't separate while Hilton. So I think the answer to that "mystery" is they showed a few plays where Arrington did cover him well without help but I bet there were a whole lot more where Hilton was doubled.

Let's review..

1) Revis had Wayne

2) Nicks is no issue to cover.

3) Nobody covered Fleener

4) So I'm going to assume that someone had to see some double coverage... Montcrief only had a few plays so that leaves TY.

From Stephen Holder who could see the whole field.......

>> WR T.Y. Hilton

He has been one of the Colts' most valuable offensive players this season, but with success comes raised expectations. The fact is, the Patriots successfully double-teamed Hilton on Sunday night, and the result was his least-productive game of the season (three catches, 24 yards). Here's the thing about Hilton: If he's going to be an elite receiver – and he's trending in that direction – he's going to see defensive tactics of all kinds. Simply resigning to the fact that there's double coverage isn't good enough. The Colts and Hilton are going to have to beat that coverage. The Patriots used Kyle Arrington, hardly their best cornerback, as the primary coverage man against Hilton (Darrelle Revis took Reggie Wayne, 1-on-1, with no help). But Arrington got lots of help from safeties and other defenders. The Colts can't let that erase their biggest big-play threat, not when they've come to rely so much on Hilton's heroics. This isn't going to be the last time they're faced with this challenge. Better get used to it.

Pretty tough to see very pattern by every receiver on TV. I would bet that if Revis had Wayne (we know he did) that would leave safety help rotating to Nicks or Hilton. Now going a set further , Nicks can't separate while Hilton. So I think the answer to that "mystery" is they showed a few plays where Arrington did cover him well without help but I bet there were a whole lot more where Hilton was doubled.

Let's review..

1) Revis had Wayne

2) Nicks is no issue to cover.

3) Nobody covered Fleener

4) So I'm going to assume that someone had to see some double coverage... Montcrief only had a few plays so that leaves TY.

From Stephen Holder who could see the whole field.......

>> WR T.Y. Hilton

He has been one of the Colts' most valuable offensive players this season, but with success comes raised expectations. The fact is, the Patriots successfully double-teamed Hilton on Sunday night, and the result was his least-productive game of the season (three catches, 24 yards). Here's the thing about Hilton: If he's going to be an elite receiver – and he's trending in that direction – he's going to see defensive tactics of all kinds. Simply resigning to the fact that there's double coverage isn't good enough. The Colts and Hilton are going to have to beat that coverage. The Patriots used Kyle Arrington, hardly their best cornerback, as the primary coverage man against Hilton (Darrelle Revis took Reggie Wayne, 1-on-1, with no help). But Arrington got lots of help from safeties and other defenders. The Colts can't let that erase their biggest big-play threat, not when they've come to rely so much on Hilton's heroics. This isn't going to be the last time they're faced with this challenge. Better get used to it.

Thanks for sharing that write up. I think that is excellent analysis. I like Hilton but I don't think he is really in that elite receiver category yet. In two games vs the Pats now he has a combined 7 catches for an average of 63 yards and no TDs. While Arrington did get help, I was still surprised to see how well he stayed with Hilton. He covered him better than Talib did last year but I am not sure how much help Talib had over the top but still to me that was the shocker of the game. So many here before talked about TY and all the offense weapons that Luck had and I just didn't see it. The Pats did not pressure Luck all that much but he hung on to the ball a lot because no on was getting open except for Fleener like you said. And of course, Bill will gladly take Fleener being the go to guy to try to beat him.

Do you think TY is the type of guy that can consistently beat double coverage? He will need to as Reggie won't there much longer.

Thanks for sharing that write up. I think that is excellent analysis. I like Hilton but I don't think he is really in that elite receiver category yet. In two games vs the Pats now he has a combined 7 catches for an average of 63 yards and no TDs. While Arrington did get help, I was still surprised to see how well he stayed with Hilton. He covered him better than Talib did last year but I am not sure how much help Talib had over the top but still to me that was the shocker of the game. So many here before talked about TY and all the offense weapons that Luck had and I just didn't see it. The Pats did not pressure Luck all that much but he hung on to the ball a lot because no on was getting open except for Fleener like you said. And of course, Bill will gladly take Fleener being the go to guy to try to beat him.

Do you think TY is the type of guy that can consistently beat double coverage? He will need to as Reggie won't there much longer.

I think Hilton is a very nice WR but he hasn't shown that he can beat double coverage. I don't want to really get into the "elite" thing but let me say I agree with you that often Andrew has no one open. Reason being the two starting WR's have trouble separating. I think going forward , Moncrief has great potential and they will have to spend a high draft pick or sign a good free anent WR in 2015. Nicks will be gone and Wayne yet another year older. And yes Arrington played very well. But although the defensive line didn't get tremendous pressure on Luck , they got enough to really help the DB's when you consider the RB's had 4 yards rushing. I think Luck did a pretty decent job as did Brady. But the game no doubt was won and lost in the trenches.

His last two games vs Pats

3 for 24 with zero TDs - this past Sunday

4 for 103 zero TDs - Jan. of this year

That makes for 7 catches total with an average of 63 yards per game and zero TDs.

So are you trying to down play TY Hilton or something? He's 4th in the league with 961 yard receiving right now. He was double covered and knocked around. I wouldn't throw the ball to him either.

So are you trying to down play TY Hilton or something? He's 4th in the league with 961 yard receiving right now. He was double covered and knocked around. I wouldn't throw the ball to him either.

No. Did you read the rest of my posts with DW? I like Hilton a lot but as the commentator put it that DW posted, he is going to be seeing a lot of coverage like he did vs the Pats. So I more wanted to get DWs thoughts on what he thought of Hilton. I was genuinely surprised that Arrington was covering him, he is like our 5th DB and very surprised at how well he covered him.

No. Did you read the rest of my posts with DW? I like Hilton a lot but as the commentator put it that DW posted, he is going to be seeing a lot of coverage like he did vs the Pats. So I more wanted to get DWs thoughts on what he thought of Hilton. I was genuinely surprised that Arrington was covering him, he is like our 5th DB and very surprised at how well he covered him.

I read every post in this thread. You mentioned he wasn't in the elite category which is fine because it's hard to agree on who's elite and what you base it by. All a matter of opinion, really. I think he is getting there and will be there. I haven't seen any team double TY like the Patriots did. They stuck their faster guys on him and knocked him around. Some snaps those defenders pushed TY and wasn't called once. But I'm sure you will say it was completely legal or that he just "tripped". He was double teamed last year in Foxborough as well but did made catches for over 100 yards.

You were just using whatever fit your agenda. BTW, you didn't say his "last 2" you said "in his 2 games" 

Oh please. Even if you add in his game in 2012. You get an average of 4 catches per game for 75 yards and about half a TD per game. Hardly world beating stats.

I said 2 games because both were played this year.

Oh please. Even if you add in his game in 2012. You get an average of 4 catches per game for 75 yards and about half a TD per game. Hardly world beating stats.

I said 2 games because both were played this year.

TY is more of a burner and when he gets away down field, that's where his touch downs come from. Averaging 75 yards per game (based on 3 games vs Patriots) is no slouch.

I read every post in this thread. You mentioned he wasn't in the elite category which is fine because it's hard to agree on who's elite and what you base it by. All a matter of opinion, really. I think he is getting there and will be there. I haven't seen any team double TY like the Patriots did. They stuck their faster guys on him and knocked him around. Some snaps those defenders pushed TY and wasn't called once. But I'm sure you will say it was completely legal or that he just "tripped". He was double teamed last year in Foxborough as well but did made catches for over 100 yards.

Yeah, I don't see him in the upper echelon yet but he is only a few years in. I think the Patriots always play him physical because he is smallish. Talib did the same thing to him in Jan. as well. He really wasn't a factor until the second half.

I think what surprised me the most was not so much Hilton being shut down but how all the other weapons were covered up pretty much. Only Fleener had a good game and Bill will take that any day of the week.

Who knows....This is a team that goes into games with Trent Richardson at starting running back. They aren't exactly genius' when it comes to personnel. 

What will you do at RB now? You can't just have Trent back there. I saw the threads about Tate and Blount. They would be good pick ups if they fall to you on waivers.

Yeah, I don't see him in the upper echelon yet but he is only a few years in. I think the Patriots always play him physical because he is smallish. Talib did the same thing to him in Jan. as well. He really wasn't a factor until the second half.

I think what surprised me the most was not so much Hilton being shut down but how all the other weapons were covered up pretty much. Only Fleener had a good game and Bill will take that any day of the week.

Fleener is decent but whatever Dwayne Allen did to his ankle to leave the game in the 2nd quarter, we may have been better. Not to mention our running game was nonexistent and Ahmad Bradshaw broke his foot.

You get an average of 4 catches per game for 75 yards and about half a TD per game. Hardly world beating stats.

Actualy .66 TDs per game.

That stat line across an entire season would be 64 catches for 1,200 yards and 11 TDs.

But that wasn't even my point. It was just how you left that game out because it didn't fit your agenda. Shouldn't have been a surprise though....

Actualy .66 TDs per game.

That stat line across an entire season would be 64 catches for 1,200 yards and 11 TDs.

But that wasn't even my point. It was just how you left that game out because it didn't fit your agenda. Shouldn't have been a surprise though....

I didn't intentionally leave it out. I was going on recent history. I barely remember the 2012 game except for the pick sixes and that was also Talib's first or second game with the Pats after his injury.

I think Hilton is a very nice WR but he hasn't shown that he can beat double coverage. I don't want to really get into the "elite" thing but let me say I agree with you that often Andrew has no one open. Reason being the two starting WR's have trouble separating. I think going forward , Moncrief has great potential and they will have to spend a high draft pick or sign a good free anent WR in 2015. Nicks will be gone and Wayne yet another year older. And yes Arrington played very well. But although the defensive line didn't get tremendous pressure on Luck , they got enough to really help the DB's when you consider the RB's had 4 yards rushing. I think Luck did a pretty decent job as did Brady. But the game no doubt was won and lost in the trenches.

need pick up cfl standout is a win no draft picks just money part.  

1. Height6' 5" (1.96 m) BornMarch 22, 1991 (age 23)   just 23 .
    1. Duron Carter