Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bronco's Eagles and Seahwaks no longer SB contenders

akcolt

Only one of them was ever a contender for Super Bowl (Seattle)

Philly has not won a playoff game since 2008 and Denver, we all know what happened last year.

I would not count out Seattle though even as a wild card. People forget that last year they barely won a bunch of games they could have easily lost against bad teams like Houston and Tampa.

I am not sure what this means? All the teams you listed are winning their divisions with the exception of Seattle. Both the Eagles and Broncos could finish with a bye or at the very least a home playoff game in round 1.

That being said ... hard to bet on the Eagles with Sanchez. He will struggle against quality teams the rest of the way. Dallas takes that division if Romo's back holds up...

Denver needs to fix everything that got exposed by NE ... and hope the injures they suffered yesterday are not lingering.

Seattle is still in the thick of things but their defense is nowhere near what it was last year and they will struggle to just get in given there are other second place teams with better records then them.

Yep. And the Broncos let the Pats score 50 on them. They'll won't make the playoffs.

If your going to post scores you could at least get them right.  :nono:     The Pats scored 43 on the Broncos one more than they scored on the Colts and the Colts were at home and not Foxboro   We should have done better than that with home field advantage.  :yes:

If your going to post scores you could at least get them right. :nono: The Pats scored 43 on the Broncos one more than they scored on the Colts and the Colts were at home and not Foxboro We should have done better than that with home field advantage. :yes:

Home field is overrated. Fans don't make any noise and it's just like playing at home. I hated hearing that we were going to win all week just because of home field.

One week, you are close to a top 5 pick, the other week, you are close to winning the division. The NFC South that is, LOL :)

It would be funny if the Saints win the NFC South somehow and host the Seahawks as a 7-9 team and beat them, it will be deja vu in reverse from 2010 all over again :).

• 3 weeks later...

"Bronco's Eagles and Seahwaks no longer SB contenders"

Oh I disagree.  All those teams can get to the SB and win.

As of right now I think the Broncos still can be the #1 seed in the AFC.  Both the Pats and Broncos have similar strength schedules remaining.

Broncos play the...

Bills

@Chargers

@Bengals

Raiders

Patriots play...

@Chargers

Dolphins

@Jets

Bills

I get the sarcasm, but you know let's look at the colts Wins and Losses:

Week 1 - LOSS @ Broncos (9-3 record) Playoff Team

Week 2 - LOSS vs Eagles (9-3 Record) Playoff Team

Week 3 - WIN @ Jaguars (2-10 Record)

Week 4 - WIN vs Titans (2-10 Record)

Week 5 - WIN vs Ravens (7-5 Record)

Week 6 - WIN @ Texans (6-6 Record)

Week 7 - WIN vs Bengals (8-3-1 Record) Playoff Team

Week 8 - LOSS @ Steelers (7-5 Record)

Week 9 - WIN @ Giants (3-9 Record)

Week 10 - BYE

Week 11 - LOSS vs Patriots (9-3 Record) Playoff Team

Week 12 - WIN vs Jaguars (2-10 Record)

Week 13 - WIN vs Redskins (3-9 Record)

Does anyone see a pattern here?

Against teams with a winning record we are 2-4

Against current playoff teams we are 1-3

Against teams .500 or lower we are 6-0

The combined records of opponents we've beaten: 33-62-1

The combined records of opponents we've lost to: 34-14

This is a huge red flag, I don't know how everyone else feels, but I'm not overly optimistic about the 2014 Colts heading into the post season.

The D and running game won the 1 SB Manning was terrible and he tossed away the SB against the Saints .

was he a superior QB  as opposed to a Dilfer who was on a team that won a SB that he helped get there ? the answer is yes=your statement is false. Besides, none of what I said needed to be true anyway. He was on a team,that team won a SB . He does in fact win SBs.

was he a superior QB  as opposed to a Dilfer who was on a team that won a SB that he helped get there ? the answer is yes=your statement is false. Besides, none of what I said needed to be true anyway. He was on a team,that team won a SB . He does in fact win SBs.

Well if you want to put it that way my statement is not false Manning has not won SB's that would imply he has won multiple SB's not just one .

I get the sarcasm, but you know let's look at the colts Wins and Losses:

Week 1 - LOSS @ Broncos (9-3 record) Playoff Team

Week 2 - LOSS vs Eagles (9-3 Record) Playoff Team

Week 3 - WIN @ Jaguars (2-10 Record)

Week 4 - WIN vs Titans (2-10 Record)

Week 5 - WIN vs Ravens (7-5 Record)

Week 6 - WIN @ Texans (6-6 Record)

Week 7 - WIN vs Bengals (8-3-1 Record) Playoff Team

Week 8 - LOSS @ Steelers (7-5 Record)

Week 9 - WIN @ Giants (3-9 Record)

Week 10 - BYE

Week 11 - LOSS vs Patriots (9-3 Record) Playoff Team

Week 12 - WIN vs Jaguars (2-10 Record)

Week 13 - WIN vs Redskins (3-9 Record)

Does anyone see a pattern here?

Against teams with a winning record we are 2-4

Against current playoff teams we are 1-3

Against teams .500 or lower we are 6-0

The combined records of opponents we've beaten: 33-62-1

The combined records of opponents we've lost to: 34-14

This is a huge red flag, I don't know how everyone else feels, but I'm not overly optimistic about the 2014 Colts heading into the post season.

You could probably do that with a lot of teams. But if you came into this season expecting a SB, you were kidding yourself.