Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts minus 2.5 vs Pats

dw49

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Colts are favored that's a psychological advantage for the Pats. Pats tend to play well when they're not favored. Not always, but it helped against the Broncos.

That's why I'm eating clam chowda all week. When I eat clam chowda during Patriots week we have won. Not always, but it's helped in the past

If the Colts are favored that's a psychological advantage for the Pats.  Pats tend to play well when they're not favored.  Not always, but it helped against the Broncos.

2.5 points is not near enough to take the underdog role. Now 14 pts would be different :)

The O-line was a disaster in the first 4 weeks.  Now it's become one of the best if not the best in the NFL the last 5 weeks.

Or maybe having 4 of 5 games at home had something to do with it, or the fact that the only good team that they beat was the Broncos in bad weather. Bengals (home) have been bad, the Bills (road) have Orton, the Jets (home) are terrible..., the Bears (home) are awful, congrats they beat the Broncos (home). You are the only person I have heard putting this o-line group in the top 5, maybe number 1, get real! Last but not least what the heck does that Ayn Rand rag, Atlas freaking shrugged have to do with anything NFL related?

If the Broncos with Demarcus Ware weren't able to get consistent pressure on Brady I doubt the Colts will.

My biggest concern is the Colts air assault.  All their weapons on offense and Luck being able to run for first downs when his receivers are covered keeping the drive going.

This game has the making of being a shoot out.  Something like 38-34 score.

you keep talking about the broncos like it has effect on this game ....  different style of defense thats like colt fans saying last year the colts beat the seahawks and the pats lost to them so were better . its non sense argument and it was one game which the broncos made multiple mistakes and had a bad game it happens , it happens all the time in the nba where they play best of 7  one team will blow out another team one game then the next the other team blows them out , pointless argument

colts run and more aggressive defense like the old ravens and jets defenses that would give brady problems .  The colts defense has been very good every game but one in pittsburg where half of the starters went out injured and at one point there was 3rd stringers as the front 3  arther jones ricky jean cory redding went out are best corner went out are starting olb went out our pro bowl safety was out .  The back up corner that replaced vontae had to huge blown coverages where he covered the wrong man leaving a guy wide open with no saftey help  it was bad mistakes a circumstances that lead to all them points but at the same time the colts dropped 34 points on pittsburg

If the Broncos with Demarcus Ware weren't able to get consistent pressure on Brady I doubt the Colts will.

My biggest concern is the Colts air assault.  All their weapons on offense and Luck being able to run for first downs when his receivers are covered keeping the drive going.

This game has the making of being a shoot out.  Something like 38-34 score.

this colts team is much better all around then last year the funny thing is ,last year in the playoffs luck was playing with two practice squad wrs and a second string wr and had his best tightend out . That caused alot of the ints bad timing with the wrs .

This year the colts offensive line is so much better so is the defense line against the run , run game is better blitz pickup is better coaching is better wrs are better and luck is better.

this colts team is much better all around then last year the funny thing is ,last year in the playoffs luck was playing with two practice squad wrs and a second string wr and had his best tightend out . That caused alot of the ints bad timing with the wrs .

This year the colts offensive line is so much better so is the defense line against the run , run game is better blitz pickup is better coaching is better wrs are better and luck is better.

The first one... when he threw a 5 yard pass to Whalen on the game's first play was 99.9999 % on Whalen.

The first one... when he threw a 5 yard pass to Whalen on the game's first play was 99.9999 % on Whalen.

I'm not sure which play you're talking about. The first pick in the playoff game was to Brazill, and it's hard to blame anyone but Luck on that one.

The second one was a pass to Havili that should have been caught, but it bounced off of Havili's shoulder and got picked off. Not Luck's fault.

I'm not sure which play you're talking about. The first pick in the playoff game was to Brazill, and it's hard to blame anyone but Luck on that one.

The second one was a pass to Havili that should have been caught, but it bounced off of Havili's shoulder and got picked off. Not Luck's fault.

I don't know if we're talking about the same pass to Havili or not....   but I do have a recollection of a pass to Havili that was poorly thrown....   it hit Havili in his trailing or back shoulder and it came in hot...   

Not a good pass that one would expect a fullback should catch.    Could he have caught it?    Yes.    I'm just not sure he should have caught it.

I thought that pass from Luck was poor.    

What I can't remember, is was that the pass from the New England game, or another game?    I'll defer to your memory, Superman.

I don't know if we're talking about the same pass to Havili or not....   but I do have a recollection of a pass to Havili that was poorly thrown....   it hit Havili in his trailing or back shoulder and it came in hot...   

Not a good pass that one would expect a fullback should catch.    Could he have caught it?    Yes.    I'm just not sure he should have caught it.

I thought that pass from Luck was poor.    

What I can't remember, is was that the pass from the New England game, or another game?    I'll defer to your memory, Superman.

It's probably the same play. The ball wasn't thrown great. 

It's probably the same play. The ball wasn't thrown great. 

Honestly,  I'm not sure.    I think Luck had a couple of interceptions last year on passes intended for Havili.    Lots of people were down on Havili and his receiving skills before the NE game.

So,  I'm not sure that I'm talking about the same play.     Old age creeping in.....         :lecture:

Your correct it was intended for Brazil not Whalen. I really do think Brazil was supposed to establish position on that route and not let the defender get underneath him. I thought way more of a bad route as Luck was throwing to a spot.

Your correct it was intended for Brazil not Whalen. I really do think Brazil was supposed to establish position on that route and not let the defender get underneath him. I thought way more of a bad route as Luck was throwing to a spot.

That's fair. I do think Luck expected Brazill to be in better position, but he wasn't. It's a throw that shouldn't have been made, IMO, as the receiver never had a chance at the ball.

That's fair. I do think Luck expected Brazill to be in better position, but he wasn't. It's a throw that shouldn't have been made, IMO, as the receiver never had a chance at the ball.

Yeah , you could be correct in that he had time to read the play was set up for disaster and maybe throw it away . Dunno... 

Colts are minus 3 now and I would not be surprised to see it up to minus 3- or 4. The reason. Brady on the road since 2009, against teams with a winning record, is 3-11. Vegas knows this, and it is why the line came out at minus 2-.

Hope it holds!

This is the best defense that Brady has had since '04, and the offense is lighting teams up now; not only that, but Colt fans all week have been telling us to forget about precious games?

Or maybe having 4 of 5 games at home had something to do with it, or the fact that the only good team that they beat was the Broncos in bad weather. Bengals (home) have been bad, the Bills (road) have Orton, the Jets (home) are terrible..., the Bears (home) are awful, congrats they beat the Broncos (home). You are the only person I have heard putting this o-line group in the top 5, maybe number 1, get real! Last but not least what the heck does that Ayn Rand rag, Atlas freaking shrugged have to do with anything NFL related?

Whether this applies to the Patriots or any other NFL team, I disagree with this line of thought.

When the Patriots played the Bengals, Cincy was 3-0. The Bills are the Bills but it's mid-season and they're a potential wildcard team. The Jets always play the Patriots tough. The Bears were reeling but still were 3-1 on the road coming in here.

Point is, it's easy to look back at those teams, before the wheels came off for just about all of them, and downgrade those wins in hindsight. In NFL terms, September might as well have happened last season. As a team that opened 0-2, it's hard to believe you wouldn't agree with that. 

So "this Colts team is much better all around" but that can't apply to the Patriots too? 

The guy who picked off Luck's pass on that first drive (Dennard) hasn't even been able to crack the line-up for a few weeks now. Healthy scratch. Their secondary, with Revis and Browner, is for real. 

Did you see how long Manning had to hold the ball at times last week? 

So "this Colts team is much better all around" but that can't apply to the Patriots too? 

The guy who picked off Luck's pass on that first drive (Dennard) hasn't even been able to crack the line-up for a few weeks now. Healthy scratch. Their secondary, with Revis and Browner, is for real. 

Did you see how long Manning had to hold the ball at times last week? 

yea the pats secondary is improved but i dont think the online is or the running backs  but brady has better weapons . I just dont take browner seriously after watching the colts burn  him so bad last year reggie and ty were killing him all game he is to slow if he doesnt do a perfect press he is useless. but revis is great

yea the pats secondary is improved but i dont think the online is or the running backs  but brady has better weapons . I just dont take browner seriously after watching the colts burn  him so bad last year reggie and ty were killing him all game he is to slow if he doesnt do a perfect press he is useless. but revis is great

I'm sure most Patriots fans feel the same way about Darius Butler and Sergio Brown. Half your starting secondary are players the Patriots have cut or were simply not good enough for Belichick to want to keep them on the team.

What I remember most about Butler is when Braylon Edwards did the "Dougie" on him after burning him for a TD in a Pats-Jets game. What I remember most about Sergio Brown is being nervous that the Patriots were down to their fourth option at safety. 

Yet both those guys have been solid in Indy, right? I understand that a change of scenery and player development can result in big changes. 

Point being, what Browner did a year ago, on a different team, in a totally different scheme, doesn't really mean much. 

I'm sure most Patriots fans feel the same way about Darius Butler and Sergio Brown. Half your starting secondary are players the Patriots have cut or were simply not good enough for Belichick to want to keep them on the team.

What I remember most about Butler is when Braylon Edwards did the "Dougie" on him after burning him for a TD in a Pats-Jets game. What I remember most about Sergio Brown is being nervous that the Patriots were down to their fourth option at safety. 

Yet both those guys have been solid in Indy, right? I understand that a change of scenery and player development can result in big changes. 

Point being, what Browner did a year ago, on a different team, in a totally different scheme, doesn't really mean much. 

Butler and Brown were young players who were released from the Pats three years ago, early in their careers. (And of course, if Belichick didn't want them, that must mean they have no right ever stepping foot on a football field again.) Brown has just barely worked his way on the field defensively, and while he's been okay, there's nothing dynamic about him. But Butler, yeah, since he's been with the Colts, he's been really good. Last year, he was one of the best nickels in the league.

Browner is 30 years old. Older than either Butler or Brown were when the Pats released them. It's pretty obvious what he can and can't do. And the way he played last season in a very specific matchup is far more relevant than your overall opinion of Butler and Brown from three years ago.

Browner is an average corner. The Colts exploited a favorable matchup against him last year, and it's unlikely that he's suddenly better at 30 than he was at 29. I'm not necessarily calling him a liability, but the way he got burned last year is relevant to this year's game. Especially if he finds himself lined up across from TY Hilton.

Butler and Brown were young players who were released from the Pats three years ago, early in their careers. (And of course, if Belichick didn't want them, that must mean they have no right ever stepping foot on a football field again.) Brown has just barely worked his way on the field defensively, and while he's been okay, there's nothing dynamic about him. But Butler, yeah, since he's been with the Colts, he's been really good. Last year, he was one of the best nickels in the league.

Browner is 30 years old. Older than either Butler or Brown were when the Pats released them. It's pretty obvious what he can and can't do. And the way he played last season in a very specific matchup is far more relevant than your overall opinion of Butler and Brown from three years ago.

Browner is an average corner. The Colts exploited a favorable matchup against him last year, and it's unlikely that he's suddenly better at 30 than he was at 29. I'm not necessarily calling him a liability, but the way he got burned last year is relevant to this year's game. Especially if he finds himself lined up across from TY Hilton.

Except that BB doesn't use Browner on speed WRs.

So, yes, this will be different.

It's a credit to BB's football program that INDY keeps grabbing guys off your roster GP. If someone is always a thorn in your side, steal from them as often as the opportunity presents itself. They don't call the NFL a copy cat league for nothing. Butler & Brown may be cast offs to Foxboro fans, but they have made valuable contributions to me. You train them & we take them off your hands. I like this arrangement. 

Just like Adam V., give it enough time & we will replace Adam with Stephen Gostkowski too. Just watch. It's like a bank robber who lets someone else do all the leg work & heavy lifting? Why break a sweat right? LOL!