Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck's first time facing Dick LeBeau

cmgww

Well...hopefully this was a big learning experience for Luck and the offense. LeBeau is notorious for mixing everything up and bringing players from just about everywhere. Manning had trouble with it when he played here. Hopefully Luck will learn, bc over the course of a career he and the Colts will face the Steelers again (depending on how long LeBeau is around, he's pretty old). I did see Luck take off a few times for big gains, which is what he has to do when the opportunity is there. The reason Luck had no time yesterday had a lot to do with LeBeau and his game plan, and Pep's inability to counter it with short throws, TE chips, and screens. But it's not all on Pep...some of it was just poor execution (Fleener drops, Nicks lazy route running on the pick six). Despite all this, we still were in it late. But LeBeau made it rough. And it's nothing new.

steelers defense was playing their minds out. they were never this aggressive. I dont know what lit a fire under them, but they came to play and we werent

They just rushed madly. They had no other option, they did not have the horses to play coverage and they saw what they could do to Fitzpatrick when they pressured the QB incessantly the previous game. They knew they had to take it up a notch so that the Colts do not control tempo and time of possession like they have all year. The plan worked.

You guys are crazy.

The plan never worked, we were dominant on offense. We put up 34 points in just over 20 minutes (20:17) of ball possession.

The offense is not the problem.

I agree. Luck was responsible for seven points to Pittsburgh but he sure wasn't responsible for the remaining 44. That safety call was a pile of poo And I'm not real sure about the offside that gave Pittsburgh a touchdown instead of a field goal. Luck still managed to throw for over 400 yards and three touchdowns while spending half of the game on his back. Offense is not the problem though we could have used the running game Last night

Well. Defense played like garbage and still the Colts almost managed another comeback thanks to Luck and the Offense. There is just too much pressure on Luck when we dig a hole like yesterday he forces throws then and always throws some picks or make some bad decisions but you can't blame him he just tried everything to keep the Colts in the game. But you have to question (again) the game preparation. Colts looked especially on Defense not prepared for the Steelers.

Lebeau's defense did what it always does.  Did it work?  Depends.  If by "working" you mean pressuring Luck, then yes.  If you mean giving the Colts trouble scoring points, then no.  And that without TR (for his blocking ability) and having to use Boom (how he goes out on a pass pattern when Pitt is rushing six, I have no idea).

Luck still managed to put up enough points to win most games, it was the D that really failed to get the stops when it counted...

Yeah if someone told me that the a Colts would put up 34 points and still lose handedly I would've told them they're crazy.

The D absolutely got handled horrendously and the O made some critical mistakes especially late in the game when they had a chance to come back. Down by 8 that saftey absolutely killed the Colts. I thought they were going to make a great comeback before that happened.

Luck still managed to put up enough points to win most games, it was the D that really failed to get the stops when it counted...

Yes.  This is the accurate observation.

The O did OK against their D and scored enough points to win most games.

It was the D that came totally unglued and fell to pieces against the pass.

First & foremost, Bradshaw played fantastic & I was relieved to see TR get no touches during the game. Pagano knew TR's run/ hit the wall of Pittsburgh LBs was going to be an exercise in futility. Bravo for getting that. 

--Seeing Butler punch out that DHB ball made me laugh hysterically. Yes, I know I was wrong about my score & the Steelers defense & ground game. I will own that. I was way off. When I screw up, I never run. I take my lumps.

--Don't resign WR Nicks next year. Luck threw in his direction a few times & Hakeem isn't fighting hard enough to get open & secure the ball. He's not dependable & I expect INDY players to work their tails off. Wear the uniform with pride & show me your are Colts material.

--That safety call on Luck was outrageous to me. The replay showed his body was not in the endzone & there was a reciever in the vicinity. VP of officiating Dean Plandeno is crazy.

--Luck had 4 TDs & we put up 34 points. Stephen A Smith & Skip Bayless can kiss my caboose. It's 1 game you fools. Our season is not over & our defense is not overrated. Yes, our o-line got pushed around & we threw 2 picks. I know that. Did you see Big Ben's face when we refused to die & give up in the 2nd half? I'm proud of my team & how we kept fighting personally. 

--I must congratulate Ben Ben on his 6 TD game & I like Mike Tomlin so beating INDY yesterday should go a long way to keeping his HC job. Baltimore will win the AFC North not Pittsburgh. Book it! 

--INDY will lick our wounds, back back, & be just fine. Is Redding okay? I love that guy & I hope he's okay. I'm not ashamed of my squad at all. A little disappointed by okay today.

First & foremost, Bradshaw played fantastic & I was relieved to see TR get no touches during the game. Pagano knew TR's run/ hit the wall of Pittsburgh LBs was going to be an exercise in futility. Bravo for getting that. 

--Seeing Butler punch out that DHB ball made me laugh hysterically. Yes, I know I was wrong about my score & the Steelers defense & ground game. I will own that. I was way off. When I screw up, I never run. I take my lumps.

--Don't resign WR Nicks next year. Luck threw in his direction a few times & Hakeem isn't fighting hard enough to get open & secure the ball. He's not dependable & I expect INDY players to work their tails off. Wear the uniform with pride & show me your are Colts material.

--That safety call on Luck was outrageous to me. The replay showed his body was not in the endzone & there was a reciever in the vicinity. VP of officiating Dean Plandeno is crazy.

--Luck had 4 TDs & we put up 34 points. Stephen A Smith & Skip Bayless can kiss my caboose. It's 1 game you fools. Our season is not over & our defense is not overrated. Yes, our o-line got pushed around & we threw 2 picks. I know that. Did you see Big Ben's face when we refused to die & give up in the 2nd half? I'm proud of my team & how we kept fighting personally. 

--I must congratulate Ben Ben on his 6 TD game & I like Mike Tomlin so beating INDY yesterday should go a long way to keeping his HC job. Baltimore will win the AFC North not Pittsburgh. Book it! 

--INDY will lick our wounds, back back, & be just fine. Is Redding okay? I love that guy & I hope he's okay. I'm not ashamed of my squad at all. A little disappointed by okay today.

Do you even watch football? Dude threw for 400 yards with horrible protection all day. Maybe it was the D giving up 6 TD passes that was the problem, huh?

Do you even watch football? Dude threw for 400 yards with horrible protection all day. Maybe it was the D giving up 6 TD passes that was the problem, huh?

What are you even talking about? Did you read his post? Looked pretty well put together to me.

Not very receptive to debating is it? The implication is that you are a genius & I am not. That's fine by me. Whatever helps you sleep at night sir. 

Maybe it was that this is the 1st time we ever faced Dick Lebeau as in Luck. 

Yes, I watched this game from being to end & I still have it recorded on my DVR as a matter of fact. Luck threw 4 TDs 2 less than a 2 time SB champion in Big Ben. You want a cookie? So what.

It's 1 loss. I don't see the sky falling. We just hit a buzz saw that's all. INDY is still gonna win the AFC South. 

Oh the irony.  Did you even read his post?  He said nothing bad about Luck.  In fact, he praised him. 

I appreciate the support from all those individuals who backed me up & liked what I said or generally agreed with it. I will admit that I am no NFL guru or formation mastermind, but I do know who to listen to & which people know what the hades they are talking about. Enough said. 

I thought I was objective, fair minded, & truthful about the Colts performance last night myself. Reasonable people are entitled to disagree as always. I need to see if there any update on Vontae Davis too. Please be a okay & ready to go next week. So far so good...Praying for you man..."there was no sign of a major injury on an MRI of Davis’s knee." 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/27/vontae-davis-day-to-day-with-knee-injury/

The Steelers played the best they have played all year long on defense and Luck still put up 34 points.  Not only was it 34 points, but it was done in obvious passing situations.  There was not even the threat of a running game.  I don't want to hear nothing about no Dick Lebeau in regards to Luck.  Now where Lebeau and his scheme did have an effect was our offensive line.  Those boyz dissapeared, but I think it was due to all the obvious passing downs.  If we stayed consistent with the runs I don't think those guys would have had so much pressure.  We live and we learn I guess so on to New York!

Well...hopefully this was a big learning experience for Luck and the offense. LeBeau is notorious for mixing everything up and bringing players from just about everywhere. Manning had trouble with it when he played here. Hopefully Luck will learn, bc over the course of a career he and the Colts will face the Steelers again (depending on how long LeBeau is around, he's pretty old). I did see Luck take off a few times for big gains, which is what he has to do when the opportunity is there. The reason Luck had no time yesterday had a lot to do with LeBeau and his game plan, and Pep's inability to counter it with short throws, TE chips, and screens. But it's not all on Pep...some of it was just poor execution (Fleener drops, Nicks lazy route running on the pick six). Despite all this, we still were in it late. But LeBeau made it rough. And it's nothing new.

exactly right, nuff said