Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm Not Worried

Andy

Im gonna call you crazy.. lol our secondary let up 6 passing TDs and 522 passing yards. Top 5 most passing yards against a defense in nfl history.. id say pretty well is an over statement.

I still think we had decent coverage for 3-4 seconds. You can't cover someone for 10 seconds. No one can.

Nobody could even get close enough to sneeze on Roethlisberger let alone touch him.

Total coke job by our pass rushers.

There are two types of people on this forum:

1) The type that overreacts equally to wins and losses and either proclaims us the best team in the league or one that will be lucky to make the playoffs.

2) The type that says "we're fine" after everything, no matter what. 

That faction scares me more, honestly.

This game is EXACTLY like the St. Louis Rams game last year.

Steelers horrible team up to today - blown out by the Ravens, lost to the Browns 31-10 (!!!!!!), and lost to the Bucs at home (!!!!!!!!!!). Games like this can happen the unpredictable 10-20% of the time.

We should be out and ready to beat the Giants before our bye week. NE will be tough, but we do have it after a bye week, at home, and at primetime so home court should be a factor.

I'm worried for our defense.  I don't have a problem with Big Ben having a career day, I have a problem with how easy it was.  None of the throws he made were into tight windows; every play guys were running wide open by 4-5 yards.  Replace Rothlisberger with any other top 10 QB and they would have done just as well.

That faction scares me more, honestly.

Indeed. Rather than sing kumbaya and hold hands like nothing is wrong it's better to address the issues the team has.

The goal should be a Superbowl every season. Not settle for good enough to win a terrible division. I have high expectations for Indy. If you aim low and settle that's exactly what you'll get - failure. . I want to see the team succeed and be good enough not only to punch their playoff ticket, but to WIN when they run up against good teams in the playoffs.

Can we win right now? It's possible. Our chances would be a lot higher if our defense could get off the field without giving up points. The two turnovers were nice but we had, what, ONE actual stop all night? I'm sorry, but that is not ok. There is no sugar coating it -  that's a serious problem.  Give Big Ben and the Steelers props for it but, at the same time, that's really not that good of an offense.

The O-line needs to protect better. It did well up until this game. With Luck having survived two years behind a garbage line, I'm not as worried about this as I am the defense. It's still a waste of his talent to have him scrambling for his life instead of planting his feet.

As for next week - I'll take us over the Giants. Teams like them aren't what worry me. Teams like NE are especially in the playoffs. If we hope to make our postseason run a bit easier with a bye that game just became a must win.

This game was just the perfect storm. Ben and the Pitt Oline played the game of their lives and had a counter for everything the Colts did. Every pass he made was on target and with the injuries om D everything just snowballed. Cant do much about it but move on to the next week. Bens performance is kinda like when a basketball player is in the zone and cant miss a shot.

this is what worries me.. i see it as either of 2 things:

1. we have good players, but the coaching staff didn't prepare or game-plan well enough, or

2. we have limited players and no matter how good they prepare, this is the type of execution we're going to get if the opponent is playing well..

either way, i think it's concerning..

p.s. i have to repeat i was shocked when coach pagano gave the players off untill wednesday (after the bengals win), a blown opportunity to get better prepared with steelers on a short week..

You should be worried, and here's why;

1) Though Ben is a terrific NFL QB, even Ryan Fitzpatrick could've picked us apart. Ben had all day to throw, and the receivers were often entirely uncovered.

2) Our O-line crumbled and had no answer for the disguised blitzing packages. Other teams now have a clear instruction manual on how to destroy our protection. 

3) When a team gets destroyed on all fronts like we did, every team in the league has a treasure trove of film to learn how they too can make us look insignificant. 

Ben didn't pick us apart because he's elite. He picked us apart because we sucked in a way that I have never seen a defense suck in my 36 years of watching the game. 

The good news is, even though Luck was under siege, he managed 34 points and did, in fact, make a game out of this. I think we'll bounce back and put this behind us, but that is going to require the coaches step up. I feel yesterday's disaster was more on the coaching staff than the players. Manusky's adjustments were laughable. 

I am worried because I don't think that the team was emotionally ready to play on Sunday.  I said last week that I thought this could be trap game - who knows what you're going too get with the Steelers.  The Steelers could come out next week and totally suck. I don't like that we did this last year when we went to St Louis and AZ. These are the kind of games that mature teams figure out how to win.

With a few more minutes on the clock, we could have beaten Denver.  Philly was a winnable game as well.

This was the worst game yet.  

No pressure from our D.  Too much pressure from theirs with few adjustments in time to keep up with the score.  

Our D was disorganized and allowed the Steelers to have the best game they'll have for years.  This is it.  This is the same team that lost to the Browns.  They caught the Colts on a bad day.  

Not an issue for me.  

on a side note, at the exact midpoint of a season, andrew is on pace for 5462 yards (good for 3rd in history, with peyton and brees having 5477 and 5476), 44 TD, 18 INT, 64.8%, and only 26 sacks..

so we got that going for us, which is nice.. (not being sarcastic) :) he's playing lights out!

If Luck is playing lights out, what was Rothesrapper playing???

Lights outterer?

Nice Carl Spangler nod though...

Im gonna call you crazy.. lol our secondary let up 6 passing TDs and 522 passing yards. Top 5 most passing yards against a defense in nfl history.. id say pretty well is an over statement.

Not that the secondary was great, but it's awfully difficult to cover anyone when the QB has time to get a haircut before he throws the ball.

Not that the secondary was great, but it's awfully difficult to cover anyone when the QB has time to get a haircut before he throws the ball.

Lol i hear you.. but ben dominated in the short quick passes as well.. there was literally no pass defense in the game.. 81% completion rating.. cant all be put on pass rush

Now if only our offense could play Defense we might have a chance that was very discouraging our D has always prevented us from moving ahead same old story another wasted season down the drain. 

Hey,  why don't you take the rest of the season off.     Spare yourself all the misery.    And all of us can be spared your silly posts.

It's a win-win all the way around!!    :thmup:

Hey,  why don't you take the rest of the season off.     Spare yourself all the misery.    And all of us can be spared your silly posts.

It's a win-win all the way around!!    :thmup:

What fun would that be then you would have no one to complain about :thmup:  :highfive2: LOL 

What fun would that be then you would have no one to complain about :thmup:  :highfive2: LOL 

No one to complain about?!?      Seriously?!?

Have you read some of the threads around here lately?

If 1-yard and a Cloud of Dust got just $1 for every negative response he gets here, he'd be rich!    I'm talking Warren Buffett filthy rich!    And how about 1-yards alter ego,  Moopsiepuffs?      Those two are twins separated at birth!!

No one to complain about?!?      Seriously?!?

Have you read some of the threads around here lately?

If 1-yard and a Cloud of Dust got just $1 for every negative response he gets here, he'd be rich!    I'm talking Warren Buffett filthy rich!    And how about 1-yards alter ego,  Moopsiepuffs?      Those two are twins separated at birth!!

What the heck are Moopsiepuffs lol :headspin:

Yes.  I think that was the best game he'll ever have.  I just hate it when people or teams always seem to have record-breaking days against us.

D needs to make adjustments with creative blitzes etc.  The zone D wasn't working either.  In addition, Toler was getting outplayed.  

Toler was fine. There was no pass rush.

Our ILB`ers were Useless against the run and the pass.