Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

what the heck happened to our defense?

RockThatBlue

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you sober up from post-colts loss syndrome, I'm sure you'll come back to this post and look at it..... And then laugh when you realize what you typed.

:scorebad:

Not at all we got beat up!!! All over the field did you not watch the game??? We lacked a physical approach and he offers that, only Mike Adams showed and physicality tonight, he can't do it alone.

Couldn't lock down their wideouts today which in turn meant we couldn't get to Big Ben since our blitzing schemes were no longer effective thus allowing him to sit comfortably in the pocket & exploit us in the passing game to record proportions. This defense becomes laughable if Vontae goes down for any extended period of time.

Not at all we got beat up!!! All over the field did you not watch the game??? We lacked a physical approach and he offers that, only Mike Adams showed and physicality tonight, he can't do it alone.

He also offers missed tackles, steroids, bad angles, and blown coverages

But hey, if you want him just cause he's physical.... I'm sure you're happy that he returns to the team tomorrow

Our defense didn't look soft. They looked stupid for continuously blitzing when Pittsburgh obviously had a counter for it. We stuffed their run game. Bell broke off a couple of runs with 1:13 left in the game to pad the stats.

I definitely started feeling that way later in the game.  We weren't getting pressure with 4, 5, or 6 guys.  We seldom got close to Ben. If that's the case, just start sticking guys back.  Look to bat the ball, look to do something other than a half hearted attempt at rushing the QB.  Two things we need in the next draft are a solid corner to backup / play across from Vontae and another pass rusher with speed.

Our defense didn't look soft. They looked stupid for continuously blitzing when Pittsburgh obviously had a counter for it. We stuffed their run game. Bell broke off a couple of runs with 1:13 left in the game to pad the stats.

When we didn't blitz, big Ben had as much as 7 seconds to scan the field and unload a pass.  No DB can cover that long, nobody.

We haven't stopped a good offense..even before today (don't say Cincy)

..and its just different playing on the road

LOL..."colts haven't stopped a good offense....except for that good offense that they stopped but you can't say them cause I called it"

That's so sad. ;)

Btw, ravens were #7 offense before facing the colts and Bengals were #5 offense.

We got punched in the mouth, hard, and it hurt

This was a tough one to watch. Pitt came prepared and played one heck of a game

We'll bounce back and learn from it

That's pretty much the size of it. We got our butts kicked, plain and simple. I don't think it means we aren't a good team, or that the season is over. It's just a bad game. Hopefully we got it out of our system.

It will be an interesting week of practice and prep, that's for sure.

That's pretty much the size of it. We got our butts kicked, plain and simple. I don't think it means we aren't a good team, or that the season is over. It's just a bad game. Hopefully we got it out of our system.

It will be an interesting week of practice and prep, that's for sure.

The steelers punched us in the mouth. Tip your hat and move on.