Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck's health

oldunclemark

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it scary to you to see him hit so hard so often?

Is there no way to protect him a little better without becoming more conservative on offense?

Its a little hard to watch

Very much so.  He runs around way too much and I cringe whenever he tackles someone after a turnover.

The deep passes also give defenders plenty of time to get a hit on him as well. 

He gets hit far too often and one day it will lead to disaster.

He just is not very good bottom line. He holds the ball for 20 seconds and expects not to get hit. That might have worked at Stanford and in the crappy pac 12 but not in the NFL. When you look at a wr from the snap off the ball and you eye him the whole way and then end up going t him, NFL db's are going to pick 6 it every time. Again Luck thinks he can do stuff he did at Stanford and get away with it

He just is not very good bottom line. He holds the ball for 20 seconds and expects not to get hit. That might have worked at Stanford and in the crappy pac 12 but not in the NFL. When you look at a wr from the snap off the ball and you eye him the whole way and then end up going t him, NFL db's are going to pick 6 it every time. Again Luck thinks he can do stuff he did at Stanford and get away with it

Nicks needs to cone back to the ball on that. Reggie makes that catch

Thank you.

For reminding me that there are just awful, AWFUL, posters just lurking til we lose a game so they can say anything negative, no matter how ignorant.

Not very good? lol, you're kidding, right?

I believe not having Richardson in to block is really hurting this game.

Next off season Costonzo needs to go to RT,  Gos needs to go to G and Indy NEEDS to finds a legit LT.

This line was exposed today.    They are good ...   but not nearly good enough.

Is it scary to you to see him hit so hard so often?

Is there no way to protect him a little better without becoming more conservative on offense?

Its a little hard to watch

just a quick thought but I can't recall how many times I watched Gos C get OWNED one on one... 

He is KILLING this team right now      I may switch Mew and GC just to see how it works out ...  It can't get worse.  

Vinturi has been saying this for weeks...   Gos IS the WEAK link in this line.

Pittsburgh's blitzed on almost every play.  If we don't solve it we're going to see it a lot more.

Next off season Costonzo needs to go to RT,  Gos needs to go to G and Indy NEEDS to finds a legit LT.

This line was exposed today.    They are good ...   but not nearly good enough.

Its true 'D'

we are nto as good overall (obviously defensively) as we thought./

Andrew can get the ball out quicker but I don't want him gong to the dink and dunks that work for Rivers and Peyton .

That will cut down our offense and we cant really run the ball. We have to be an attacking team

...I want to roll him out away from the train wreck sacks which eventually are going to knock him out for the year..

Luck has been pretty "clean" for most of the season..  today?    He got pounded...   and it is unacceptable.  

I agree....    Start rolling him out ANYTHING...     but they are playing with fire thinking he will get up every time.   

the day he doesn't Indy is hit.

Its true 'D'

we are nto as good overall (obviously defensively) as we thought./

Andrew can get the ball out quicker but I don't want him gong to the dink and dunks that work for Rivers and Peyton .

That will cut down our offense and we cant really run the ball. We have to be an attacking team

...I want to roll him out away from the train wreck sacks which eventually are going to knock him out for the year..

When you have to or choose to abandon the running game like we did today stuff like this happens.  Sitting back in obvious passing downs for the majority of the game.  Nobody has to guess what we are doing.  The line is not as bad as it looked today, we just had nothing to slow those blitzes down since we abandoned the running game. For whatever the reason!

Luck has been pretty "clean" for most of the season.. today? He got pounded... and it is unacceptable.

I agree.... Start rolling him out ANYTHING... but they are playing with fire thinking he will get up every time.

the day he doesn't Indy is hit.

How about getting rid of the ball quicker? The OL is not going to stop 7-8 guys. Luck HAS to see this and audible to something quicker developing so he can get rid of it quicker. He's still wanting to hold onto it too long. Expecting the line to hold up for any length of time in those situations is asinine.

Regardless, the defense did him very little favors, so his back was against the wall for 55 minutes of the game.

He just is not very good bottom line. He holds the ball for 20 seconds and expects not to get hit. That s__hit might have worked at Stanford and in the crappy pac 12 but not in the NFL. When you look at a wr from the snap off the ball and you eye him the whole way and then end up going t him, NFL db's are going to pick 6 it every time. Again Luck thinks he can do stuff he did at Stanford and get away with it

Welcome to the website.    And what a spectacular introduction!

You've misspelled Toler.    Only one "L" and not two as your handle shows.

And you think the bottom line is that Luck is just not very good.    Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.   But good luck getting anyone to take you seriously with that viewpoint.     That's as uneducated as it gets.......

That's as bad as the o-line has looked in quite some time.    Gosder got abused, but it wasn't just him.   The interior got caved in all game long.

The network coverage showed we were in max protection a number of times,  the line plus Allen plus Bradshaw all blocking and Luck was still getting buried by Pittsburgh.   

That's as bad a beating as Luck has taken.

And what was Luck doing back in the game down 17 with 5 minutes to go in the game?    Why was he and guys like Bradshaw still in?       That's what Matt Hasselbeck is there for.      What if Luck gets hurt on that series?     And for what?    A late TD to make it a 10 point loss?     Who cares?

Good to get a crappy game like that out of our system.    Coaches have a lot of work to do........

That's as bad as the o-line has looked in quite some time. Gosder got abused, but it wasn't just him. The interior got caved in all game long.

The network coverage showed we were in max protection a number of times, the line plus Allen plus Bradshaw all blocking and Luck was still getting buried by Pittsburgh.

That's as bad a beating as Luck has taken.

And what was Luck doing back in the game down 17 with 5 minutes to go in the game? Why was he and guys like Bradshaw still in? That's what Matt Hasselbeck is there for. What if Luck gets hurt on that series? And for what? A late TD to make it a 10 point loss? Who cares?

Good to get a crappy game like that out of our system. Coaches have a lot of work to do........

This is the wrong time to make this argument, but the game isn't over when you're down 17 with five minutes left.

If down 17 with 5 minutes to go isn't over...... then what are the magic numbers that says.... it's over....?

More than 17 points, less than five minutes.

You ever seen the Colts/Bucs game in 2003? Down 21 with four minutes left. Colts/Texans, 2008? Scored 21 points in two minutes to take the lead.

There are other examples, but the point is that the lead isn't safe at 17 with five minutes on the clock, not when you have a good QB and a history of comeback wins.

More than 17 points, less than five minutes.

You ever seen the Colts/Bucs game in 2003? Down 21 with four minutes left. Colts/Texans, 2008? Scored 21 points in two minutes to take the lead.

There are other examples, but the point is that the lead isn't safe at 17 with five minutes on the clock, not when you have a good QB and a history of comeback wins.

Well.....   from where I was sitting,  it wasn't just the numbers....   it was how we got there.

The Colts had cut it to 8 with about 10 minutes to go.

Then a safety and it's a 10 point game. 

Then we hold them and I think we went three and out...   if not,  we didn't have the ball long.   And Pittsburgh took it and marched the field making it look easy.    They scored and it was 17. with 5 minutes to go.

So, we had been going in the wrong direction for about 5 minutes.    Not a good way to build confidence.

At some point, my brain switches to risk/reward.    And given that Luck had been getting killed all game long and now we were forced to pass every down,  the odds of Luck getting hurt went way up and the odds of winning went way down.

From where I sat,  I was fine with letting the clock go......  and live to fight another day.

Reasonable people (you) can reasonably disagree. (me)           :thmup:

I'm not quite sure what we do defensively to produce a different result if we see the Steelers in the playoffs assuming they make it. I think it would have been a different game if we were able to establish the running game. Defense wouldn't have been on the fieldso much.  Sometimes(particularly on the road) I think we panic and abandon the ground game too fast.  I'm sure somebody is going to say we did it because we were behind, but it's hard to swallow that one when Houston was losing by 24 to us and they never abandoned their ground game.

What?!!! The Colts were PHYSICALLY beaten across the o-line today and could not handle the blitz!! Big Ben on the other hand HELD the ball for what seemed like eternity and his stats were something crazy like 40-49, 500 plus yds and 6 tds!! To be honest not many qbs could have put up 34 pts like Luck did in this game after taking those big shots play after play so I give him credit for that. As far as him not being very good... I think his stats are the top or near the top of every category in the nfl RIGHT NOW and he's AHEAD of Peyton's numbers across the board after his first three years wins included!! I'm sure you know all this anyway and just want to STIR the pot!  :facepalm:

Well..... from where I was sitting, it wasn't just the numbers.... it was how we got there.

The Colts had cut it to 8 with about 10 minutes to go.

Then a safety and it's a 10 point game.

Then we hold them and I think we went three and out... if not, we didn't have the ball long. And Pittsburgh took it and marched the field making it look easy. They scored and it was 17. with 5 minutes to go.

So, we had been going in the wrong direction for about 5 minutes. Not a good way to build confidence.

At some point, my brain switches to risk/reward. And given that Luck had been getting killed all game long and now we were forced to pass every down, the odds of Luck getting hurt went way up and the odds of winning went way down.

From where I sat, I was fine with letting the clock go...... and live to fight another day.

Reasonable people (you) can reasonably disagree. (me) :thmup:

All that's true. But none of those amazing comebacks happen after a team pulls their best shot at getting back in the game.

It probably (obviously, right?) wasn't happening today. But I don't see/hear 17 point deficit with five minutes and think "this one's over, put the backup QB in." Not automatically.