Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Colts looking at a lot of safeties.

MTC

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is Chris Clemons not on a team right now? Our team more specifically?

I still say we should of brought in Will Hill.

I really don't know why Houston cut him. He played a ton of preseason snaps for them, and all indications say he did okay. Gave up four catches for 43 yards.

Colts looking at a bunch of safeties: Chris Clemons, DeJon Gomes, M.D. Jennings, Jerron McMillian, Bacarri Rambo, Jamarca Sanford.

— Howard Balzer (@HBalzer721)

September 26, 2014

Chris Clemons is the most notable one on the list. 

The only ones I would take would be Clemons or Rambo. I just want a safety who can cover. Landry needs to be at SS. His coverage skills are below average and I have no idea why he is a FS.

Who is this guy, and how does he know?

Also, I wanted Clemons in the offseason. He couldn't make the Texans, so that doesn't sound good, but I'd still take him. Cut Harvey to make room.

He's another NFL insider like Adam Caplan and Rand Getlin. 

The only ones I would take would be Clemons or Rambo. I just want a safety who can cover. Landry needs to be at SS. His coverage skills are below average and I have no idea why he is a FS.

You would take Rambo but then say you want a safety who can cover?  Rambo is horrible in coverage.

And Landry has played well, especially in coverage, the last two weeks.

Who is this guy, and how does he know?

Also, I wanted Clemons in the offseason. He couldn't make the Texans, so that doesn't sound good, but I'd still take him. Cut Harvey to make room.

Howard Balzer has been covering the NFL for a very long time....   many decades now...

He used to be the senior guy for the Sporting News.

Looks like he's not affiliated with any particular network now....   but is running his own shop....   I'm sure he's got contacts everywhere....

You would take Rambo but then say you want a safety who can cover? Rambo is horrible in coverage.

And Landry has played well, especially in coverage, the last two weeks.

I just have had high hopes on Rambo in Washington and i feel like he just needs a new place to be. Landry was good against the Jags but i would like to see more consistency.

Will Hill is on the Ravens (he is on their reserve/suspended list), so I don't think he is an option.

I am happy with Adams' play, he hasn't done anything spectacular but he also isn't doing anything really wrong. I think we can upgrade at that spot next year, but I don't think he is a liability or an urgent area of concern for now.

Being good against the Jags isn't anything to be happy about. Doesn't prove anything

Oh I agree. In my post before this I mentioned how I don't like that he is the FS when his coverage skills are below average at best. I will say he was good against the Jags but you are right it really doesn't say much.

I just have had high hopes on Rambo in Washington and i feel like he just needs a new place to be. Landry was good against the Jags but i would like to see more consistency.

Definitely a tough situation for Rambo but he is still bad in coverage. 

Landry also had a good game against the Eagles as well.

Definitely a tough situation for Rambo but he is still bad in coverage.

Landry also had a good game against the Eagles as well.

You're right. Realistically thinking Rambo probably wont play as well as he was thought.

I would still like to swap the safeties and put Adams at FS and Landry at SS. Adams has been doing good in coverage and Landry is a better tackler.

I assume the Colts are looking because Anderson hurt his groin. Why not bring Dewey Decimal System up from the PS? It would be better than signing some other team's cuts, IMO.

Eh I didn't think Dewey did too bad in preseason but he really didn't do anything big. I don't think he's ready for 1st string competition.

Colts looking at a bunch of safeties: Chris Clemons, DeJon Gomes, M.D. Jennings, Jerron McMillian, Bacarri Rambo, Jamarca Sanford.

— Howard Balzer (@HBalzer721)

September 26, 2014

Chris Clemons is the most notable one on the list.

I find this hard to believe that no one else posted something about this..

No Adam Schefter, John Clayton and not one Colt beat writer.

We do have different ones, our defensive coordinator is just either stubborn or incompetent

Really? He uses the players he thinks will do the best job. It seem they are not happy with who they have thus looking at some others. Having one injured and one on IR does not spell incompetent. Not having the talent needed also don't spell stubbornness. There is such a thing as looking at the problems and figuring out why rather than being negative about the coach. Is your constant negativity have something to do with you being stubborn in seeing nothing but something to be negative about? Just curious.