Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good game unfortunate ending

Warhorse

First of all, I am real proud of the way this team played. Although we could not generate a pass rush, I saw a lot of things on defense to be proud of, especially after losing Jones. We have some tough muthas against the run. Was that Chapman ..... er......tre fitty.....chasing down a RB from behind?

Luck made some really nice plays, Moncrief had a nice catch, TY got it going eventually, and Trent looked natural running the ball. I see the one two punch of him and Ahmad as a force to deal with as this line continues to gel. Like I said before the start of the season, we just played two of the toughest offenses in the NFL.....and we came very close to beating them both.

Although those 2 calls were pretty bad, I dont want to go the the "blame the refs" card. We lost the game by not wrapping up Sproles. As for me. I will move on from the selfish hatred that gets spewed on here because this doesn't have to be a literary dumpster for those who want to vent.

Proud of my team, there is a lot to be excited about, can't wait to get our next two wins and even up the season

Why can't anyone blame the refs? Why is it taboo? They had a huge hand in the Colts' loss.

Because for whatever reason people view it as a cop-out. The two or three missed calls didn't result in all of the Eagles points, but it helped them enough to squeak out a W. I agree with you, refs can cost a team a game and the opposition to that claim is just ludicrous.

You must have been watching a different game.  What I saw was some very questionable play calling.  The run game was working well but for some reason they started passing more in the second half.  Then once the Eagles caught up they decided to start running it again.  Seems to me that they got a bit cocky on the final drive and they were trying to run out the clock assuming they would kick the winning field goal when instead they should have been trying to get a first down.  And why kick it to Sproles on that last drive?  They hadn't been able to stop the Eagles in the second half at all so you kick it to Sproles with 2 minutes left in a tie game and give them a short field? 

People don't want to blame the refs because knowing that the referees cost you the game makes you that much more furious about it. They know deep down inside that the referees cost us the game but accepting that reality only causes more distress and anger.

Im off Pep and slowly starting to move to Luck.

Top 5 qb?

RodgerS

Manning

Brady

BREES

RIVERS

Ben

Romo

He's not better than any of them. He needs real coaching. He reminds me of Blake Griffin playing under Vinny Del Negro. He's overhyped and overrated. He needs coaching to get his game right.

Rivers? Seriously? Don't let Sunday trick you.  Ben? No a thousand times no.  Romo? While I don't know you personally, I cannot imagine a single time you could've been more wrong about something.

That leaves Manning, Brady, Rodgers, and Brees which makes Luck # 5. There you go. Top 5 QB.

Rivers? Seriously? Don't let Sunday trick you. Ben? No a thousand times no. Romo? While I don't know you personally, I cannot imagine a single time you could've been more wrong about something.

That leaves Manning, Brady, Rodgers, and Brees which makes Luck # 5. There you go. Top 5 QB.

Rivers and Romo are so much more accurate than Luck, its not even funny. How many more gms are going to emd with him throwing an incompletion to a blanketed Reggie Wayne.Im so frustrated right nkw, I have to take a sleeping pill

Rivers and Romo are so much more accurate than Luck, its not even funny. How many more gms are going to emd with him throwing an incompletion to a blanketed Reggie Wayne.Im so frustrated right nkw, I have to take a sleeping pill

I have insomnia, I always have to take sleeping pills, join the club. Romo throws tons of picks, and Rivers looks lost a lot of the time. Don't just live in the moment. Step back and think with a clear head. I'm annoyed as well, but it will be okay.

I agree with you, refs can cost a team a game and the opposition to that claim is just ludicrous.

Anyone who says the refs don't cost teams games apparently didn't watch the recent Jets game where a ref blew the whistle for a timeout, costing the Jets a TD. I'm not saying the Jets would have won the game, as a TD would have simply tied it, but the timeout definitely cost them the game.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000394839/Jets-TD-taken-away-by-timeout

May as well have the waterboy yell, "timeout" also. Those refs will accept timeouts from anyone nowadays!

Bradshaw ran well, TR had a few decent runs, Ty had some nice catches...But, we were in FG range & AV is money why throw the ball in that last drive? I just don't get it. I don't blame Andrew, but he needed to grasp the situation & not get greedy. Yeah, I know Luck was probably thinking just 1 last throw to get adam a little closer & then kick.

Can we do more play action pass on 1st down please Pep & not run, run, throw repeat...Mix it up a little & why is Hilton being used so late in games? Throw to him early & often. He's our best speed guy on the field. 

I did like how our defense swarmed to the ball & tackled eagles WRs for 3 & a half qtrs though.

I'm just bummed out because even though I said that RB Darren Sproles was gonna be the reason why INDY lost tonight I never wanted to be more wrong & I would have gladly taken my hazing & lumps with pride. I desperately wanted the Colts to win & they darn never did. 

First of all, I am real proud of the way this team played. Although we could not generate a pass rush, I saw a lot of things on defense to be proud of, especially after losing Jones. We have some tough muthas against the run. Was that Chapman ..... er......tre fitty.....chasing down a RB from behind?

Luck made some really nice plays, Moncrief had a nice catch, TY got it going eventually, and Trent looked natural running the ball. I see the one two punch of him and Ahmad as a force to deal with as this line continues to gel. Like I said before the start of the season, we just played two of the toughest offenses in the NFL.....and we came very close to beating them both.

Although those 2 calls were pretty bad, I dont want to go the the "blame the refs" card. We lost the game by not wrapping up Sproles. As for me. I will move on from the selfish hatred that gets spewed on here because this doesn't have to be a literary dumpster for those who want to vent.

Proud of my team, there is a lot to be excited about, can't wait to get our next two wins and even up the season

Well said. A bit of a flop at the end, but I was very impressed throughout.

I just am discouraged by having the high octane eagles on the ropes for the bulk of that game & we can't deliver the knockout punch to victory. Yes, we did a number of splendid things like cadence calls which led to defense encroachment penalties, our 3rd down conversion ratio was quite solid, & we did a good job of not letting eagles RBs break containment on outside runs for a significant portion of the game. 

The worst part is this: Tomorrow we all have to listen to Skip Bayless slam Andrew Luck again & find any excuse to indicate why he is overrated in his eyes. Sigh...We gotta beat the Jags next week man. I hate losing. Plus, our chief rival Houston, to their credit is 2-0 & we are 0-2. We need to fix our mistakes & failure to close out games in a hurry. 

Yeah, I agree as ticked as I was and said some irrational things it was a very good game but the Colts did gift wrap it for the Eagles. Two huge divisional games ahead of them. One thing that really bothered me more than even the refs was the conservative play on that last drive. The other thing was that even though there was a blown PI call when Hilton was taken to the ground was that Luck still seemed to be forcing the ball a lot, should've had 2x INTs. They have a lot of work to do, but there were some positives.

Im off Pep and slowly starting to move to Luck.

Top 5 qb?

RodgerS

Manning

Brady

BREES

RIVERS

Ben

Romo

He's not better than any of them. He needs real coaching. He reminds me of Blake Griffin playing under Vinny Del Negro. He's overhyped and overrated. He needs coaching to get his game right.

Where's the multiple face palms when we need them???  LOL  CONGRATULATIONS, you have now posted the dumbest thing I've read all day !!!

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Rivers? Seriously? Don't let Sunday trick you.  Ben? No a thousand times no.  Romo? While I don't know you personally, I cannot imagine a single time you could've been more wrong about something.

Ben and Romo, I'm inclined to be on your boat.  But I think you missing it on Rivers.  Philips was quite good with Schottenheimer, then Norv Turner dragged him down.  Now under Mike McCoy, Rivers will thrive again.  Wait and see....  Turner was the downfall of Rivers. Not himself.

I do not feel good leaving this game at all..  

The WR's are NOT as advertised.     It is TY and a bunch of "slow" possession receivers.    

NO pass rush,   30 points given up in 23 minutes, and A LOT of 20+ yard plays.     

Allen and Fleener....     ONE target?   really?   And all this JUMBO silliness has got to end.    This team will win or lose with Andrew Luck playing well or fizzing.    The D is simply not good.   Mathis loss is HUGE.   

Had the Eagles been a "solid" red zone team ...  (which the ARE NOT)   Indy would have been blown out in the first half.

The Colts just don't have ANY "playmakers" on the team...   only 2 really....    Luck and TY.  

All that said....       the TY non call decided the game.     And that sucks..     But this team is not getting coached to it's strengths....   JMO...  

I don't know.. .      

Really the only thing that irks me is the turnovers. Above all else, they decide the game. The t-rich fumble? Terrible, and it took away from the good running day he was having. 

T-rich not fumbling (I don't really think its a problem, his past shows that he protects the ball well) and Luck making better decisions wins the past two games for the Colts.

Going on, if the Colts can limit the turnovers, I believe they can win against mostly anyone in the league. And it's totally possible that they can still make the playoffs as a 10-5 team up to even a 12-4 team, IMO

Ben and Romo, I'm inclined to be on your boat.  But I think you missing it on Rivers.  Philips was quite good with Schottenheimer, then Norv Turner dragged him down.  Now under Mike McCoy, Rivers will thrive again.  Wait and see....  Turner was the downfall of Rivers. Not himself.

I've watched Rivers since he was at N.C. State. (I'm a UVa fan) anyway I think he's a good QB I just don't think he's top 5 atm. That's just me though. I understand the other side of the argument with Rivers, his attitude hurts him a lot in my eyes.