Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Each Loss brings us closer...

Bleedin Blue

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As frustrated as I am at another Colts loss I can't help but think this year belongs to Denver. The more losses, the higher in the draft we climb and for once we have all of our picks. Are we going to be drafting the next Dwight Freeney this Spring?

let the countdown begin for a high draft pick

This game is 100% on the coaching staff and GM. Hamilton is stuck in college with his crappy playcalling Manusky should have been fired 3 yrs ago. Grigson should get the boot for trying to fill spots with practice squad rubs like Toller and Laundray

Just curious but who exactly should he have gotten other than Toler and Landry? Also, Grigson signed Laron Landry after a season in which Landry made the probowl. So perhaps its not all Grigson's fault and people should get off his back and let the man do his job. He drafted Luck, Hilton, Chapman and Allen. He has put together an offensive line that, for the most part, appeared much improved and is also very young. He changed defenses and has to build from the ground up. Perhaps Werner hasn't lived up to expectations but perhaps those expectations aren't fair. Not every pass-rusher is going to be as good as Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis who might both be hall-of-farmers. Grigson brought in Arthur Jones and traded for Vontae Davis (while re-signing him to a great deal comparatively) as well as signed Darius Butler, Jerrell Freeman and Corey Redding. In addition, he has signed undated free agents: Zach Kerr, Loucheiz Purifoy, Griff Whalen and Da'Rick Rogers. He hasn't been able to address every hole in the roster but it's unrealistic for him to have been able to in such a short time.

Just curious but who exactly should he have gotten other than Toler and Landry? Also, Grigson signed Laron Landry after a season in which Landry made the probowl. So perhaps its not all Grigson's fault and people should get off his back and let the man do his job. He drafted Luck, Hilton, Chapman and Allen. He has put together an offensive line that, for the most part, appeared much improved and is also very young. He changed defenses and has to build from the ground up. Perhaps Werner hasn't lived up to expectations but perhaps those expectations aren't fair. Not every pass-rusher is going to be as good as Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis who might both be hall-of-farmers. Grigson brought in Arthur Jones and traded for Vontae Davis (while re-signing him to a great deal comparatively) as well as signed Darius Butler, Jerrell Freeman and Corey Redding. In addition, he has signed undated free agents: Zach Kerr, Loucheiz Purifoy, Griff Whalen and Da'Rick Rogers. He hasn't been able to address every hole in the roster but it's unrealistic for him to have been able to in such a short time.

I agree. I love what Grigson has done for the most part. The team we had with Peyton the last couple years was not close to being playoff caliber, but Peyton and only a few other guys (Wayne, Mathis, Freeney), elevated it to a playoff level. Grigson had to scrap that horrible roster and build from practically scratch. He's done a fine good job of doing so. The only complete head scratching move was the Richardson trade.

I agree. I love what Grigson has done for the most part. The team we had with Peyton the last couple years was not close to being playoff caliber, but Peyton and only a few other guys (Wayne, Mathis, Freeney), elevated it to a playoff level. Grigson had to scrap that horrible roster and build from practically scratch. He's done a fine good job of doing so. The only complete head scratching move was the Richardson trade.

I think Peyton's (now Luck's) Colts suffer(ed) from what I'm calling the "LeBron Effect". Those players are amazing and force their team, no matter how bad, to the playoffs despite holes in the roster. These teams are almost never talented enough to consistently win in the postseason and suffer as such, however, given the way one player will carry the team they always win enough regular season games to have low draft picks which makes it hard to re-tool the roster and fill holes. I am of the opinion that it hurt the Colts in the long-run by winning 11 games in their first year when they had no business accomplishing such a feat.

I think the Richardson trade makes sense in the fact that he was considered a great fit in the WCO which is what we were beginning to install given Luck's collegiate success running that system. I believe Richardson bulked up too much and lost some of his speed and explosiveness and needs to shed some of that muscle. I think more resources will likely be invested in the offensive line and Richardson will excel to a more successful degree.

This game is 100% on the coaching staff and GM. Hamilton is stuck in college with his crappy playcalling Manusky should have been fired 3 yrs ago. Grigson should get the boot for trying to fill spots with practice squad rubs like Toller and Laundray

Really?  So the coaching staff threw the interception and fumbled the ball?   They caused the two turnovers?  Luck doesn't throw the pick and we are up by at least 10, if not 14, and likely game over.

swOpVnS.png

0-2 is pretty much a death sentence

most of those teams didn't get nine games with the texans, titans, jags. Giants, redskins, and Cowboys after 0-2 either. The rest of the schedule includes the Browns, Bengals, Steelers, Ravens and Pats. Outside of the Bengals and Pats which are both here none of those really strike fear into me. I think 10-6 or 11-5 or things really break right even 12-4 could still happen if the Colts clean up some things and figure something out with the pass rush.

Just curious but who exactly should he have gotten other than Toler and Landry? Also, Grigson signed Laron Landry after a season in which Landry made the probowl. So perhaps its not all Grigson's fault and people should get off his back and let the man do his job. He drafted Luck, Hilton, Chapman and Allen. He has put together an offensive line that, for the most part, appeared much improved and is also very young. He changed defenses and has to build from the ground up. Perhaps Werner hasn't lived up to expectations but perhaps those expectations aren't fair. Not every pass-rusher is going to be as good as Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis who might both be hall-of-farmers. Grigson brought in Arthur Jones and traded for Vontae Davis (while re-signing him to a great deal comparatively) as well as signed Darius Butler, Jerrell Freeman and Corey Redding. In addition, he has signed undated free agents: Zach Kerr, Loucheiz Purifoy, Griff Whalen and Da'Rick Rogers. He hasn't been able to address every hole in the roster but it's unrealistic for him to have been able to in such a short time.

There was a reason why Toller was cut from Arizona and why Landry was given the boot from Wash. Davis has been inconsistent since the day he got here. He will look great1 game then get burnt 5 times the next. Butler was released from NE. Like I said you can't keep signing other teams cast offs and rejects and expect to win. He drafted Luck? Helen Keller could have made that pick

yep a guy who took over a 2-14 team and has guided that team to the playoffs in his first two seasons and took a clear step forward last year with a division title and playoff win is a "freaking joke."

he is in  the worse division in football all he needed was a qb to win the division. He is suppose to be a d minded coach and the D is still garbage

Philly is a "great team"? They beat JAX and a Colts team missing multiple starters. Denver isn't "great" either.

Don't kid yourself, Denver is legit. There's also a reason a lot of people are high on Philly. Point being the Colts lost to two teams that will make the Playoffs this year. It happens.

swOpVnS.png

0-2 is pretty much a death sentence

Not neccesarily, they were talking about if any team started 0-2 that could get back in the mix it would be the Colts, this on both the radio and pregame. The AFC will be a hog wash, the division isn't that good. I personally also think the Saints will get back in it. Colts need to win the next two divisional games however, that would be a good start. If they lose against Jacksonville, then this board can go into a catastrophic failure haha.

This team literally gift wrapped it for Philly.

There was a reason why Toller was cut from Arizona and why Landry was given the boot from Wash. Davis has been inconsistent since the day he got here. He will look great1 game then get burnt 5 times the next. Butler was released from NE. Like I said you can't keep signing other teams cast offs and rejects and expect to win. He drafted Luck? Helen Keller could have made that pick

with this comment you might want to replace "I" for coaching...

Toler wasn't cut. He became a free agent.  And actually, the Cards tried to resign him.

You give him credit for drafting Luck, stating that "Helen Keller" could have made that pick. While it is obvious now, many analysts picked RG3 over Luck. Many on here wanted RG3. His athleticism is world class, and really cannot be argued. Every team signs other teams "cast offs." This isn't Madden. Scheme actually plays a huge part in things. Players get cut all the time due to scheming. Grigson is never sitting on his hands. He's scouring waiver wires, other leagues, even other sports. While he has made questionable decisions, he has also made some very good additions. Jerrell Freeman for example.

http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2013/3/12/4096936/nfl-free-agency-2013-arizona-cardinals-lose-cb-greg-toler-to

While I'm upset with the game I am no where in the boat as some if these loons. I don't see sb bound but we can still win the division. We are just making it much harder in ourselves. We need to be more efficient on offense. We need some sort of pass rush.

Butler has been a great nickel for us so I don't see the problem there. Yea, Landry struggled in Washington, but then he went to NYJ for a year and made the pro bowl. Also, while its easy to pick names in hindsight, who was Grigson going to sign that would be such a huge improvement over Toler? Davis has played much better and consistent lately. When you play your corner on an island then sometimes the corner will get burned. Its unrealistic to expect him to completely shut out every receiver every week.

As far as the Luck pick, there were several people who were fans of RG3 including Polian apparently. Based on his previous statements, it is likely that Polian would have kept Peyton and used the pick elsewhere or maybe he cuts Peyton and drafts RG3. Both of those scenarios cripple the Colts over a long period of time. I think Grigson deserves credit for blowing it up, picking Luck and dedicating himself to the necessary long term rebuild.