Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PHI @ IND Post-game discussion: coaching and playcalling

1yrdandacloudofdust

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im over him. He did a great job at first with diffrent plays but went back to his old self trying to force the same thing down there throats. The denver game he was incredibly predictable and last year we did what we did because of luck. This will more than likely be locked but im not talking about just this game. We have probably the best WR and TE duos in the league and there not used the way they should. Our running game did look good for once tonight but give the ball to luck when its under 5. The denver game should have been closer but terrible play calling ended us. The terrible starts all last year trying to run the ball should have lost US alot more games. It looks like Pep will be the weakest link in this offense.

Im over him. He did a great job at first with diffrent plays but went back to his old self trying to force the same thing down there throats. The denver game he was incredibly predictable and last year we did what we did because of luck. This will more than likely be locked but im not talking about just this game. We have probably the best WR and TE duos in the league and there not used the way they should. Our running game did look good for once tonight but give the ball to luck when its under 5. The denver game should have been closer but terrible play calling ended us. The terrible starts all last year trying to run the ball should have lost US alot more games. It looks like Pep will be the weakest link in this offense.

NFL Network @nflnetwork 25m

"Stick to the process. Come back in. Get back to the grind." -@Colts HC Chuck Pagano on 0-2 message to his team

And now it's confirmed that nothing is going to change.

i am really really starting to hate that quote from chuck, if the process worked we would have won. it is broken so fix it.... adjust and over come.

I've defended the coaches the last two years but I really can't anymore. They make too many mistakes, and they make the same ones. You know what they say about insanity? I say that is the improper word. Stupidity and stubbornness is more like it. And with a rapidly evolving NFL, you can't be that way.

Never can admit when they're wrong. Always "We played good but gotta do better"

No one believes that Jive

(Is jive allowed on the forum? haha )

What he says to the media and what he says behind closed doors are different things completely. I'm sure Pep will have to explain his play calling to Pagano and co. It would please a lot of people if he said "Pep's play calling is just the drizzling poops" but that's not going to happen.

I've defended the coaches the last two years but I really can't anymore. They make too many mistakes, and they make the same ones. You know what they say about insanity? I say that is the improper word. Stupidity and stubbornness is more like it. And with a rapidly evolving NFL, you can't be that way.

Preach!!!

:clap:

i am really really starting to hate that quote from chuck, if the process worked we would have won. it is broken so fix it.... adjust and over come.

its really no different than when Dungy would say do what we do or what most coaches say during rough times. You hardly ever say a coach come out and say "whelp we messed this one up and we are going to blow up everything and start over." Colts were a play or two from winning tonight they need tweaks for sure but not drastic changes other the pass rush but that's a personal problem not a play calling problem.

its really no different than when Dungy would say do what we do or what most coaches say during rough times. You hardly ever say a coach come out and say "whelp we messed this one up and we are going to blow up everything and start over." Colts were a play or two from winning tonight they need tweaks for sure but not drastic changes other the pass rush but that's a personal problem not a play calling problem.

and hate it when coaches say that kind of stuff. i am not saying throw in the towel and blow up the team. Just admit we had some problems and there is stuff we need to iron out before next week. boom you acknowledged the problem and that you plan to make some adjustments so we can get a better result.

Didn't Enstein say "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"?  so what does that say about our process to this point?