Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PHI @ IND Post-game discussion: coaching and playcalling

1yrdandacloudofdust

Bring back Bruce Arians.

• Led the Colts to a 9-3 record in his 12 games and helped Indianapolis clinch a playoff berth while tying the NFL record for most wins ever by an interim coach.
  • Was named both "Coach of the Year" and "Assistant Coach of the Year" by Pro Football Weekly & the Pro Football Writers of America.  Chuckstrong was nice, but we need a smart head coach, not a heartfelt one. We want to win, at least make good choices like put the ball in Bradshaws hands when game on line, not fumble prone Trent. Trent gets tackled sometimes with one hand on him while Bradshaw runs over people. After two fumbles and and being tackled by ONE hand of a defender, Coach Pagano decides Trent is the best option on our last drive? Why throw on 3rd and two with Bradshaw havin his way all day? WE NEED A SMART COACH!!!!!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pagano lost the game. Not the refs or our mistakes, everyone gets bad calls and makes bad plays, part of the game. But a good coach will make smart decisions. Pagano needs to be reviewed and removed. We had a losing record,  Bruce arians took over and we made the playoffs. Not rocket science.

Poor coaching of the offensive scheme and play calling, poor coaching of the offensive line, and the offensive players (they're dazed and confused) tend to make Andrew Luck tentative and unsure.  The pressure on Luck is internal.  With these coaches, that will never change.  It will be just another wasted opportunity of great talent - just like Peyton Manning with the Colts last decade. Peyton should have won at least 2 SBs.

Defensive coaching is better, but not of the D-line. These guys could perform much better with better coaching.

The Colts can't seem to properly evaluate coaching talent (the reality vs. the hype). Dunning-Kruger effects?

or maybe the o-line just doesn't have the best talent yet. Anytime a player doesn't play well the blame the coaches card comes out. Sometimes players aren't good enough talent wise or experience wise and that's why they struggle. I think it's safe to say that's the case with the o-line and has been the case since Luck got here. That's a personal problem not a coaching problem.

I am not buying the idea that Luck being wild with the football is the product of anything other then Andrew. It's a very common problem with young QBs which no matter how well Luck has played is two years he's still a young QB who is learning and growing every day. It took Peyton Manning five years to grow into the Peyton Manning we knew and loved so much.

This pile on the coaches because fans don't like the way someone plays is gettIng old. You have no way of knowing if the D-line would have played better with different coaches or not. By the way threw two game the d-line has played very well. That's the front 3. They struggled a little when Jones went down but that is to be expected. The problem on D is the linebackers and the safeties. The linebackers are without maybe their best two linebackers due to injury and the safeties we knew were going to be an issue before the season started. Again, that's a personal issue.

and yet up until late in the game it was still working for the Colts. It got stuffed one time in the fourth quarter and then they didn't go back to it. The ironic thing here is the play that really hurt the Colts was the INT which people are screaming should have been a run and now here people are ripping Pep for not throwing it more. People can't have it both ways.

I didn't like the play calling on the first series or the last but other than that I don't think the play calling was as awful as some want it to be. The ground game was effective tonight something we have been waiting forever to see I had no issue with running it until the Eagles stopped which to their credit they did late which is why I didn't like the play calling on the last drive that seamed more like playing not to lose.

I absolutely could not agree more.  Ran out of likes though but quoted for truth.  People are so bent out of shape from the loss that they don't realize they're talking out both sides of their mouths.  I think what it comes down to, honestly, is that there are some people that simply can't accept that Luck is capable of making mistakes and of having a poor game.  He's had a couple poor games in a row now, but it's a lot easier to blame the OC and the playcalling (that Luck has a hand in, by the way) than to blame the greatest QB since John Elway.  He's a young QB, he's going to go through some growing pains and we're seeing that now.  It's nothing to panic about but he has not been playing very well lately.

I didn't really have a problem with it.  We had 3:30 on the clock and the run had been working practically all game long.  All we had to do was get into field goal range.  The first went for 6 yards setting us up for 2nd and 4.  Maybe on 2nd down we could havep assed, but I didn't have a problem with the called run. 

Thank you! That's what I thought happened, but the way some people have been describing it I thought I was remembering incorrectly.  I had no problem with that play call either.  The run game had been working all night, the first run picked up 5/6 yards so even though the second run was stuffed, they were still in a very manageable 3rd and 5.  

By the way, am I the only one that heard Luck yell out "Kill, kill, kill" on the 2nd run?  Could have sworn he did which likely means he changed the play from what Pep called in.  Maybe he changed it from a run right to a run left, or maybe he changed it from a pass to a run.  No way to tell for sure, but I love the fact that people are calling for Pep's head on a stick for playcalling when many of the play calls that they hated could very well have been on Luck and not Pep.  Somehow though, that will be Pep's fault too.

You're comparing apples to oranges. On the int play we were in the redzone and just needed a fg to go up 10. So should of just took the 3. At the end when we needed to score we tried running it again. Result 3 and out.

Yeah, that's called "coaching not to lose", not "coaching to win"...which ironically people on here keep saying that the coaches are coaching not to lose, not to actually win yet this play is clear proof that's not the case, but people still aren't happy about it because it didn't work.  I had no problem at all with that play call.  It just didn't work that time because of a blown call by the officials and a poor decision by Luck.  

Pagano lost the game. Not the refs or our mistakes, everyone gets bad calls and makes bad plays, part of the game. But a good coach will make smart decisions. Pagano needs to be reviewed and removed. We had a losing record,  Bruce arians took over and we made the playoffs. Not rocket science.

we were 1-2 before Pagano got sick it's not like they were 2-6 when that happened. Even Arains has said Pagano stayed involved with that team to what level we won't ever know. Still even if you toss that out last year they took a very clear step forward from the Arains year by winning the division and a playoff game. So does that not count or do we look for some reason to not give Pagano credit for that either because some have already decided he needs to go and that little fact doesn't support that arguement?

All I have heard since the 49ers game last year was the Colts have to find away to run the ball and be more balanced. Last night they did and now I am hearing people complain because the Colts were balanced with an effective run game (look at the play calls last night it was almost 50/50 pass/run which is what you want) and people complain they ran too much except for when they were aggressive late and it didn't work. Then they should have ran of course. That's just people who the coaches can't win with no matter what they do.

The end of the game sure that's very fair to argue they should have been throwing no matter how well the run had worked to that point. So no Pep wasn't perfect in his play calling. Still ripping him for sticking with the run until the Eagles stopped it is silly.

But it's like Pep will run our offense into the ground before he realizes something is being stopped. In the 2nd half I knew when the Colts were running the ball before Luck snapped it, and so did Philly. How many times does Trent have to fumble for Pep to stop giving him the ball? How many times did we get blown up BEHIND the LOS before we stop running up the gut? I could tell it was going to be stopped before The Eagles stopped it. It doesn't have to get to that point.

At the end of the game Luck had ZERO rhythm. He was out of it after that pick. We did nothing all game to get him in a down field rhythm. Pep has arguably the best young QB in the league at his disposal, make him the focus of the offense. Let's establish Luck not Trent.

Nope, not even a little bit.

But it's like Pep will run our offense into the ground before he realizes something is being stopped. In the 2nd half I knew when the Colts were running the ball before Luck snapped it, and so did Philly. How many times does Trent have to fumble for Pep to stop giving him the ball? How many times did we get blown up BEHIND the LOS before we stop running up the gut? I could tell it was going to be stopped before The Eagles stopped it. It doesn't have to get to that point.

At the end of the game Luck had ZERO rhythm. He was out of it after that pick. We did nothing all game to get him in a down field rhythm. Pep has arguably the best young QB in the league at his disposal, make him the focus of the offense. Let's establish him not Trent.

Luck is not going to be all that he can be without a viable running game and play action.  If Luck is the QB that many would like to believe that he is, then he shouldn't need Pep's help getting into a rhythm.  

Bring back Rod Dowhower ... Bring back Frank Kush ... Even bring back Jim Caldwell. No. let's not. But bad coaching is demonstrably bad coaching. This is not a criticism of the individuals involved, but of a pattern of systemic dysfunction.

Luck is not going to be all that he can be without a viable running game and play action.  If Luck is the QB that many would like to believe that he is, then he shouldn't need Pep's help getting into a rhythm.

Every player needs to get in some sort of rhythm, this is human nature. I have no doubt we need to establish a running game, but not make it our offensive emphasis. Last night the stars of our gameplan were the running backs. We established them, then once established did nothing but repeat the same plays.

I agree we need play action, but last night we just kept running. Perhaps we tried to milk the clock, but you cant milk the clock for an entire half. Pep took his foot off the gas. Give the ball to your 1st overall franchise QB, get him in the game, let him win.

I wasn't talking about the end of the game I was responding to a poster who was talking about us needing to throw more in general. I've said I didn't like the play calling at the end of the game. I get needing to throw there no matter how well the run had worked earlier.

Oh sorry, my bad.

I absolutely could not agree more. Ran out of likes though but quoted for truth. People are so bent out of shape from the loss that they don't realize they're talking out both sides of their mouths. I think what it comes down to, honestly, is that there are some people that simply can't accept that Luck is capable of making mistakes and of having a poor game. He's had a couple poor games in a row now, but it's a lot easier to blame the OC and the playcalling (that Luck has a hand in, by the way) than to blame the greatest QB since John Elway. He's a young QB, he's going to go through some growing pains and we're seeing that now. It's nothing to panic about but he has not been playing very well lately.

Thank you! That's what I thought happened, but the way some people have been describing it I thought I was remembering incorrectly. I had no problem with that play call either. The run game had been working all night, the first run picked up 5/6 yards so even though the second run was stuffed, they were still in a very manageable 3rd and 5.

By the way, am I the only one that heard Luck yell out "Kill, kill, kill" on the 2nd run? Could have sworn he did which likely means he changed the play from what Pep called in. Maybe he changed it from a run right to a run left, or maybe he changed it from a pass to a run. No way to tell for sure, but I love the fact that people are calling for Pep's head on a stick for playcalling when many of the play calls that they hated could very well have been on Luck and not Pep. Somehow though, that will be Pep's fault too.

Yeah, that's called "coaching not to lose", not "coaching to win"...which ironically people on here keep saying that the coaches are coaching not to lose, not to actually win yet this play is clear proof that's not the case, but people still aren't happy about it because it didn't work. I had no problem at all with that play call. It just didn't work that time because of a blown call by the officials and a poor decision by Luck.

You could say that. Or you could say it's better to go up 10 then come out with nothing. Everything is being said in hindsight. If they called the penalty, if he connected, if we kicked a fg. We just had to many things go wrong in the second have. Gave up a couple huge plays to the mighty midget. Trent coughing up the ball. We beat ourselves. We need to get out stuff cleaned up overall as a team.

But it's like Pep will run our offense into the ground before he realizes something is being stopped. In the 2nd half I knew when the Colts were running the ball before Luck snapped it, and so did Philly. How many times does Trent have to fumble for Pep to stop giving him the ball? How many times did we get blown up BEHIND the LOS before we stop running up the gut? I could tell it was going to be stopped before The Eagles stopped it. It doesn't have to get to that point.At the end of the game Luck had ZERO rhythm. He was out of it after that pick. We did nothing all game to get him in a down field rhythm. Pep has arguably the best young QB in the league at his disposal, make him the focus of the offense. Let's establish Luck not Trent.

You know what the final play count was? 34 passes to 38 runs that's nearly 50/50 and that's with 4 Luck scramble tossed in. Take those out as they were not designed runs and it's 34 passes to 34 runs or a 50/50 split. That's what you strive for in an offense. You want balance. That's not even counting the four luck scrambles as passing plays which is what they were originally called as if you do that they called more passing plays than they did running plays.

Also the Eagles didn't start shutting down the Colts ground game until late. That's why they stuck with it because it was working. You just don't seam to like running the ball at all. I don't care what they do as long as they move the ball and it works last night running the ball worked.

You know what the final play count was? 34 passes to 38 runs that's nearly 50/50 and that's with 4 Luck scramble tossed in. Take those out as they were not designed runs and it's 34 passes to 34 runs or a 50/50 split. That's what you strive for in an offense. You want balance.

Also the Eagles didn't start shutting down the Colts ground game until late. That's why they stuck with it because it was working. You just don't seam to like running the ball at all. I don't care what they do as long as they move the ball and it works last night running the ball worked.

Aside from the first drive and last I loved the play calling. I loved ramming the ball down their throats. I just wished we could if capitalized off it with some play action. I just don't feel we are getting our weapons involved "yet".

Aside from the first drive and last I loved the play calling. I loved ramming the ball down their throats. I just wished we could if capitalized off it with some play action. I just don't feel we are getting our weapons involved "yet".

I saw Luck look down the field on several passes last night and then check down. My guess is the Eagles had the deep threat covered. I know more than once Luck squeezed it in to some tight windows and tried at least twice to force it down field to well covered guys when he shouldn't have. Some credit needs to go the Eagles secondary who played very well and might explain why we didn't get more out of the deep passing game.

By the way, am I the only one that heard Luck yell out "Kill, kill, kill" on the 2nd run?  Could have sworn he did which likely means he changed the play from what Pep called in.  Maybe he changed it from a run right to a run left, or maybe he changed it from a pass to a run.  No way to tell for sure, but I love the fact that people are calling for Pep's head on a stick for playcalling when many of the play calls that they hated could very well have been on Luck and not Pep.  Somehow though, that will be Pep's fault too.

Yeah, I actually liked most of what he did last night.  The run was working almost all night long, so I don't see why he gets criticized for calling a run (or Luck optioning to a run, whichever the case might have been) in that situation. 

Now, one place where, in retrospect, I wished we would have run the ball or called a RB or bubble screen was on the interception.  I know that you couldn't have predicted that play going down the way it did, but I would have preferred a safer play with 5 minutes left in the game and a two score lead. It would have changed the dynamics of the game entirely.  Amongst other things, it would have burned another 40 seconds off the clock.  Then, when they get the ball back, they would have probably managed their timeouts differently, we possibly hold them to a field goal, or maybe they do an onside kick, and in that event if they managed to get the ball back one last they are at the 20 or further back (assuming no good return), probably have no timeouts and a handful of seconds left on the clock.

My next day observations ....

1.  I like the combo of Trent and Ahmad at RB.  I think they can be very effective, IF the OC schemes the RB plays properly.  The Colts are NOT a power running team, for they do not have the OL to be so.  Because of our weak OL, we need some excellent offensive scheming.  I have not seen evidence that Pep can make things happen.  For Pep's calling to succeed, I think our players have to step up and play perfectly.  IMHO, Pep is not taking advantage of the Colts talent / strengths.

2.  Running game was just fine, including Trent Richardson (his two fumbles excepted), but the running game was not always used correctly.

3.  I think we have outstanding talent at QB and Receivers to run a much more aggressive, pressure offense, which would set up the running game to better succeed.  Yesterday's game showed what a pressure offense can do, versus having a bland offensive that is itself being pressured.

4.  Horrible no call on the pass interference on TY, but bad play calling that resulted in that play.  Still, theft due to the non-call.

5.  Horrible horse caller penalty that was clearly no penalty at all.  The NFL needs to wake up and allow certain kinds of penalties to be challenged.  We have the technology, for goodness sake.  The NFL powers that be have to wake up and improve the integrity of the game.  Horse dung calls have ALWAYS been the bane of the league and they have the technology to now mitigate that b.s.

6.  Loss of Arthur Jones is going to suck, but even with him, I do not like our defensive scheme.  Defense, like the OL, has been a major weakness for more than half a decade and it is very saddening to me that the Colts seem incapable of solving this mystery.  Manusky is in his 3rd year here, under the direction of Pagano ... the defense is going to have to start answering the bell or somebody is going to have to pay with their job.

7.  I cannot fathom that a team that has the weapons of Luck, Richardson, Bradshaw, Allen, Fleener, Wayne, Hilton, Nicks, Moncrief, and Da'Rick Rogers cannot consistently be a high octane, potent offense that DICTATES play rather than having to continually have all the pressure on their backs to catch up or come up with game saving drives.  The OL is still a weakness, though I think it is actually improving.  The problem is in offensive scheme and play calling.  If I am any one of Pagano, Grigson, or Irsays, I'd be ( I am) FURIOUS with the poor offensive coordination.  The talent is MORE than there ... USE IT!!!

I didn't really have a problem with it.  We had 3:30 on the clock and the run had been working practically all game long.  All we had to do was get into field goal range.  The first went for 6 yards setting us up for 2nd and 4.  Maybe on 2nd down we could havep assed, but I didn't have a problem with the called run. 

I would have liked to see 2 passes called after the run on first down.  Either way, you could make the case that Hilton would have caught the ball if he weren't being mugged on 3rd down.  I don't like that specific call, but I don't think that was what cost us the game

With all do respect, it's not hard AT ALL to say that Luck had nothing to do with it. This team has Reggie, T.Y., Nicks, Moncrife, Fleener, and Allen. There is absolutely no reason why Luck should not end every game with 250-300 yards. I understand our O-Line is laughable, but call roll outs and bootlegs then, get creative!!!!! 

Pep Hamilton makes ANDREW LUCK look like a game manager......... ANDREW LUCK???????????????????????????????????????????????????

We had 3 TDs off of rollouts in the red zone, so I'd say they were called and executed at appropriate times. And I personally think Luck has been part of the problem with playcalling, so he deserves blame as well. Just like in Denver when he decided to do that sweet QB sneak and get stuffed at the goal line on 4th down.

I would have liked to see 2 passes called after the run on first down.  Either way, you could make the case that Hilton would have caught the ball if he weren't being mugged on 3rd down.  I don't like that specific call, but I don't think that was what cost us the game

Not by a long shot.  Missed opportunities and some shoddy officiating will do you in every time.  We really only have ourselves to blame.

You could say that. Or you could say it's better to go up 10 then come out with nothing. Everything is being said in hindsight. If they called the penalty, if he connected, if we kicked a fg. We just had to many things go wrong in the second have. Gave up a couple huge plays to the mighty midget. Trent coughing up the ball. We beat ourselves. We need to get out stuff cleaned up overall as a team.

Well, yeah obviously it would be better to go up 10 than come out with nothing, but even going up 10 was no guarantee.  I also agree that the Colts beat themselves, but it wasn't the 2 playcalls by Pep (or Luck, who audibled multiple times) that most people are griping about.

Well, yeah obviously it would be better to go up 10 than come out with nothing, but even going up 10 was no guarantee. I also agree that the Colts beat themselves, but it wasn't the 2 playcalls by Pep (or Luck, who audibled multiple times) that most people are griping about.

No I agree. I'm upset about the game but reading some of these posts on here you'd think they have internet at the local looney bin.

Well, yeah obviously it would be better to go up 10 than come out with nothing, but even going up 10 was no guarantee.  I also agree that the Colts beat themselves, but it wasn't the 2 playcalls by Pep (or Luck, who audibled multiple times) that most people are griping about.

Given the two options, 1) attempt a short range field goal and go up by 10 points, or 2) attempt a pass on third-and-9, and continue to run out the clock, I'd go with the field goal. 10 points gives you a two-possession game. Even if the Eagles go down the field and score, most likely the Colts would get the ball back (unless the Eagles get an onside kick). Up until that point, the Colts offense had outscored the Eagles, and an argument can be made that we would've been able to score as well. Everyone discounts our ability to score in this situation. Why is it that the Eagles will automatically score 10 and the Colts will just wither?

Lastly, there is no doubt that T.Y. was held on the pass play and it was a horrible no-call. So if you say that passing was the right call, that's fine. But T.Y. was well short of the first down. So was Wayne. Even if the pass was complete, it would've resulted in a 4th down. That's a poor play selection. Way too much risk for very little reward. It ultimately cost us the game.

Given the two options, 1) attempt a short range field goal and go up by 10 points, or 2) attempt a pass on third-and-9, and continue to run out the clock, I'd go with the field goal. 10 points gives you a two-possession game. Even if the Eagles go down the field and score, most likely the Colts would get the ball back (unless the Eagles get an onside kick). Up until that point, the Colts offense had outscored the Eagles, and an argument can be made that we would've been able to score as well. Everyone discounts our ability to score in this situation. Why is it that the Eagles will automatically score 10 and the Colts will just wither?

Lastly, there is no doubt that T.Y. was held on the pass play and it was a horrible no-call. So if you say that passing was the right call, that's fine. But T.Y. was well short of the first down. So was Wayne. Even if the pass was complete, it would've resulted in a 4th down. That's a poor play selection. Way too much risk for very little reward. It ultimately cost us the game.

That play cost us the game? No.  It did not.  Multiple factors went into the Colts losing the game.  It did not come down to one play call.

2nd, I'm confused.  You say you'd rather run the ball and then kick the field goal, but completing a short pass and kicking a field goal is unacceptable?  I get that there is a bit more risk involved, but there's also the possibility that one of the WR's gets open beyond the first down marker, or one of the speedier guys, like Hilton catches it a few yards short but is able to gain the extra yardage needed to get the first down.  Either way, I have no problem calling a pass, but the QB has to be smart with the ball.  I'm pretty sure Luck was simply trying to draw attention to the mugging of Hilton, but I've never been a fan of that strategy because if it doesn't work then you're royally screwed.

That play cost us the game? No.  It did not.  Multiple factors went into the Colts losing the game.  It did not come down to one play call.

2nd, I'm confused.  You say you'd rather run the ball and then kick the field goal, but completing a short pass and kicking a field goal is unacceptable?  I get that there is a bit more risk involved, but there's also the possibility that one of the WR's gets open beyond the first down marker, or one of the speedier guys, like Hilton catches it a few yards short but is able to gain the extra yardage needed to get the first down.  Either way, I have no problem calling a pass, but the QB has to be smart with the ball.  I'm pretty sure Luck was simply trying to draw attention to the mugging of Hilton, but I've never been a fan of that strategy because if it doesn't work then you're royally screwed.

I would argue that the play to T.Y. Hilton was the most pivotal play of the game. Since we didn't get the call, or the completion, it led to a loss. I think that's fair, but can easily see an argument against it. No biggie.

The play selection is what I have a problem with. Well, first, I have a problem with passing there, simply because of the risk involved. But even if we wanted to stay aggressive and pass, I am not impressed with the play call. Sure, all of the things that you had mentioned could have happened. T.Y. could've caught a 6-yard pass and ran for a first. Wayne, could've caught a 5-yard pass and ran for a first down. I get that. But again, in that situation, it was highly unlikely for either to have happened. Based on the play call, the likely outcome, given a reception, would've been a 4th down anyway. It was safer to run, as we all saw in disgust.

I would argue that the play to T.Y. Hilton was the most pivotal play of the game. Since we didn't get the call, or the completion, it led to a loss. I think that's fair, but can easily see an argument against it. No biggie.

The play selection is what I have a problem with. Well, first, I have a problem with passing there, simply because of the risk involved. But even if we wanted to stay aggressive and pass, I am not impressed with the play call. Sure, all of the things that you had mentioned could have happened. T.Y. could've caught a 6-yard pass and ran for a first. Wayne, could've caught a 5-yard pass and ran for a first down. I get that. But again, in that situation, it was highly unlikely for either to have happened. Based on the play call, the likely outcome, given a reception, would've been a 4th down anyway. It was safer to run, as we all saw in disgust.

To the bolded, I do agree with that, it was definitely a pivotal point in the game and was one of the most influential plays in determining the outcome. I simply disagree with the assertion that it was that one play that cost us the game or that it was that playcall that cost us the game.

To the rest of what you said, I can definitely see that point of view, and if they had run the ball 3 times in that situation, I wouldn't have come on the board complaining about it.  It would not have been my preferred strategy but I would have understood why they would have done it.  What I don't get are the people who simply cannot see why they also felt that passing in that situation could be beneficial as well.  There's no such thing as a steadfast set of rules as to what a team should do in a particular situation...every situation is different.  Even if it's the exact same score, same down and distance and same amount of time left, the flow of the game to that point, the tendencies of each team to that point...these things are still going to be different.  So people calling for Pep to be fired for that play call is just ludicrous.  IMO of course.

We had 3 TDs off of rollouts in the red zone, so I'd say they were called and executed at appropriate times. And I personally think Luck has been part of the problem with playcalling, so he deserves blame as well. Just like in Denver when he decided to do that sweet QB sneak and get stuffed at the goal line on 4th down.

This gets over looked.  Honestly we don't know how much control Luck has over play calling but he clearly has at least some.  People just assume he runs what is called every play and then bash Pep when they don't like the play call.  Gruden said at least once last night Luck is running a check with me offense.  It sounds like to me Luck has more control over the play calls than most people would care to admit.

So after listening to the Reggie Wayne show today he explained why they threw there.  He said if you look at the Eagles scoring drives they were scoring in about two minutes and they knew the D was exhausted so they wanted to get another first down and drain the clock down to about two minutes to put as much pressure on the Eagles as humanly possible. 

The hosts brought up a good point too about how people have spent the whole time since Pep got here complaining he's too conservative and that he needs to be more aggressive, now when he's aggressive and it doesn't work people are turning on a dime to yell he should have been conservative.  That's just Monday morning quarterbacking in a spot where Pep is darned if he does and darned if he doesn't because people are just waiting for a chance to jump on him if what he does doesn't work and then give him zero credit when what he does does work. 

I'd also toss this out here say the Colts did run there and Adam comes out and kicks about a 37 yard field goal and we will just assume he makes it for argument sake.  The Eagles are now down 10 with about five minutes left.  Say they go right down the field and score in two minutes and then we go three and out and the Eagles use their timeouts to stop the clock and then they come back out and go right back down the field and score again in about two minutes and they win the game with two late touchdowns what would everyone be yelling?  They would all be screaming that Pep was too conservative by running it on third down when one more first down would have really put the Eagles in a bind with the clock and that the Colts need to be more aggressive and trust Andrew Luck more.  Pep was darned if he did and darned if he didn't unless the Colts won the game and then everyone would have been talking about how great the running game was and what a great job the o-line did and how Pep should have been calling games like this all along and he's a bad coach for not doing that again not giving him credit. 

I beleive there is issue with the type culture that has speead to the entire organization, possibly from the top down. The culture I'm referring to is one of complacency and a complete lack of accountability. It was explemified perfectly Monday night, Trent fumbles twice at the most inopportune moments and is in the gane crunch time. We have Bradshaw putting up 7 yards a carry, 2 td, and not a single mistake yet he's on the sidelines and Trent is still trotted out there. That sends a message to everyone one the team that it doesn't matter if you to do your job well or not. It shows the up and comers they won't further themselves with great performances when they see Bradshaw out, and that they can be careless and directly cost us a win without consequence. Who is that on? Pep for keeping him in? Pagano for not stepping up as a leader and pulling him despite Pep? Grigson for wanting to be right about the trade so badly he keeps making the coaches stick with this liability? Irsay for not adequately setting a standard and setting a horrible example for the rest of the team? I think they all have blame, but at a point it's Pagano's job to make sure ACs are competent or replace them. He has failed to thsi do this and we are 0-2 as a result.

I beleive there is issue with the type culture that has speead to the entire organization, possibly from the top down. The culture I'm referring to is one of complacency and a complete lack of accountability. It was explemified perfectly Monday night, Trent fumbles twice at the most inopportune moments and is in the gane crunch time. We have Bradshaw putting up 7 yards a carry, 2 td, and not a single mistake yet he's on the sidelines and Trent is still trotted out there. That sends a message to everyone one the team that it doesn't matter if you to do your job well or not. It shows the up and comers they won't further themselves with great performances when they see Bradshaw out, and that they can be careless and directly cost us a win without consequence. Who is that on? Pep for keeping him in? Pagano for not stepping up as a leader and pulling him despite Pep? Grigson for wanting to be right about the trade so badly he keeps making the coaches stick with this liability? Irsay for not adequately setting a standard and setting a horrible example for the rest of the team? I think they all have blame, but at a point it's Pagano's job to make sure ACs are competent or replace them. He has failed to thsi do this and we are 0-2 as a result.

Trent hardly has a history of having a fumbling problem.  One of the fumbles from that game was a situation where the defender's helmet hit squarely on the ball.  Trent is not the only player who would have fumbled in that situation.  He fumbled only twice in all of 2013.  Also, he was pulled from the game for several series.  I never expected him to be pulled for the rest of the game.