Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Number 1 Seed Anyone?

braveheartcolt

I like our chance, and now that our toughest game is out of the way, I expect us to go on a great run. 13 - 3 is very achievable, with the Eagles, Steelers and Cowboys being the toughest matches.

I'm assuming we can actually get ahead at half time on some of our games, and if we keep any deficit to single figures at the half, we can win out!

Clearly we need some reasonable luck on the injury front, and a few good bounces, but I'm confident we can nab home field advantage.....

And yes, I took that from the way we played yesterday, our upside, and our schedule. Feel free to rip me to shreads.....

Take care of the home games first, and the Patriots and Eagles are top on list of home games, IMO, followed by Bengals and Ravens.

Road games - Steelers outside division and Titans inside division are the ones that concern me the most. The sneaky set up game is the NY Giants game before the bye week since the Giants will be coming off a bye before playing us.

I am thinking 12-4 and a #2 seeding.

I like our chance, and now that our toughest game is out of the way, I expect us to go on a great run. 13 - 3 is very achievable, with the Eagles, Steelers and Cowboys being the toughest matches.

I'm assuming we can actually get ahead at half time on some of our games, and if we keep any deficit to single figures at the half, we can win out!

Clearly we need some reasonable luck on the injury front, and a few good bounces, but I'm confident we can nab home field advantage.....

And yes, I took that from the way we played yesterday, our upside, and our schedule. Feel free to rip me to shreads.....

you had me till you said the Cowboys as a tough team

Playing a cupcake schedule might get them into the playoffs, but beating playoff-caliber teams is what will keep them there. In other words, Denver isn't going away.

If the Colts lose to the Eagles then I say at best the Colts will go 8 and 8.  The Titans are a cause for concern with that they did in Kansas City.  The Texans defense is better than the Colts offensive line.  I just do not know about this team.  Of course Luck could play unconscious the next 15 games and the Colts could go 15-1. 

No one knows if the Broncos we faced last night will be the same Broncos we could face in January

True, and the Colts could get a lot better between now and then too. Or, they could continue to be the 27th ranked rushing offense that  struggles to protect Luck, and in particular, struggles to pressure opposing QBs. We just don't know. I'm hopeful, but I'm also a realist. Whether it's Denver or some other team, any flaws hidden by an easy schedule will be exposed.

True, and the Colts could get a lot better between now and then too. Or, they could continue to be the 27th ranked rushing offense that  struggles to protect Luck, and in particular, struggles to pressure opposing QBs. We just don't know. I'm hopeful, but I'm also a realist. Whether it's Denver or some other team, any flaws hidden by an easy schedule will be exposed.

agreed but anything can happen

Its gonna be hard but you can hope that the Seahawks will give the Broncos that 1st loss especially since they will be in Seattle. Other then that, we have to cross our fingers they get 3-4 more losses which will be very hard for them to lose...

Cowboys are a joke. 2-3 good players at most on their team. Defense that was already lacking depth and undersized, now losing Ware, Jason Hatcher, and Sean Lee doesn't help. I'm predicting a 2-14 or 4-12 season for the Cowboys. 6-8 at best. They have easily the worst defense in the league this year.

No...its just that without Mathis now permanently..and with so little running attack..

Its hard to be optimistic right now

The Colts aren't making the playoffs without Mathis, this is a 7-9 or 8-8  team at best. Every team in the division has improved and the Titans looks like the class of the division under Wisenhunt. The good that will come out of this is that will end up with a top 10 pick and finally get a chance to draft a great defensive player, this teams needs a franchise game changing defensive player  to compete with the best teams in the league.

I say 14-2 or 15-1 because we have to finish ahead of broncos since they own tie breaker and I dont see them losing too many games

I didn't see anything from the Broncos or Colts which suggests either team could accomplish a win / loss record like that.

The Colts aren't making the playoffs without Mathis, this is a 7-9 or 8-8  team at best. Every team in the division has improved and the Titans looks like the class of the division under Wisenhunt. The good that will come out of this is that will end up with a top 10 pick and finally get a chance to draft a great defensive player, this teams needs a franchise game changing defensive player  to compete with the best teams in the league.

not sure if serious or trolling :D

the colts are still the best team in the division and are going to win it, i have no doubt about that.. 

but no1 seed? or even a bye week? not at the moment, we'll see how the rest of the season and the injuries unfold..

not sure if serious or trolling :D

the colts are still the best team in the division and are going to win it, i have no doubt about that.. 

but no1 seed? or even a bye week? not at the moment, we'll see how the rest of the season and the injuries unfold..

I mostly agree with what You say. But Texans' D is better now, Watt is a beast again. Winning the division...well I'm not sure about that right now, it may slip easily to Texans. Lets waut a few games and see how our D steps up. Right now I fear in Mathis absence it will be hard for us to win this division, however they did quite OK in 2nd half on Sunday.

I like your optimism BHC. I go with 12-4 with losses to the Eagles, Pats, Bengals, & losing to the Texans once. Steelers crushing the Browns means nothing to me. I'm not scared of the Steel Curtain. This isn't the 1970's now is it? LOL! 

Rip my buddy to shreds? No, never BHC. You know your stuff & you always made me laugh.  ;)

Wait, you think Dallas will win? With that swiss cheese defense? I will admit that Romo can generate offense points, but if you can't stop anybody, the game is over before it even starts. 

Sorry...can't see that for this year.  Defense can't generate a pass rush; interior of offensive line is inadequate; Luck needs to be more consistent for 4 quarters.  This team has some obvious flaws.  They have heart though. That will make up for some but not all of what ails them. 

It will be a tougher fight than anticipated just to win the AFC South.  Colts took a big hit with the loss of Mathis for the year; Titans, Jags and Texans look a bit better than expected. 

Sorry...can't see that for this year.  Defense can't generate a pass rush; interior of offensive line is inadequate; Luck needs to be more consistent for 4 quarters.  This team has some obvious flaws.  They have heart though. That will make up for some but not all of what ails them. 

It will be a tougher fight than anticipated just to win the AFC South.  Colts took a big hit with the loss of Mathis for the year; Titans, Jags and Texans look a bit better than expected.

I did post this only a few hours before the Mathis story broke...,.

I think people are getting too excited about our AFC South rivals......but time will tell. All teams have areas of weakness, sometimes posters on here think our opponents are perfect in all areas. The majority have more flaws than us, especially the teams on our schedule this year.

I did post this only a few hours before the Mathis story broke...,.

I think people are getting too excited about our AFC South rivals......but time will tell. All teams have areas of weakness, sometimes posters on here think our opponents are perfect in all areas. The majority have more flaws than us, especially the teams on our schedule this year.

Ok...thanks for clarifying that post. I was optimistic before that too and probably would have been more prone to agree.  

I still think our division opponents will be better than most Colts fans were anticipating this year.  Titans in particular.  Colts most likely won't be as strong as initially hoped in lieu of recent events...just can't replace a guy like Mathis and what he means to the defense's ability to pressure the QB.  We may still be able to fight off our division challengers but imo we are no longer legitimate Super Bowl contenders until proven otherwise.