Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Geeen Bay @ Seattle (9-4-14)

oldunclemark

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They start 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks on their O Line 

We're starting 2 first round picks and a 2nd round pick. That doesn't mean anything. 

They have a very good OC

This is the main reason why they can have such an effective ground game despite a bad oline. 

To be fair all Seattle did was what their own whipping boys have done that past 2 years...beat overrated Green Bay lol! I do think they will have another winning season, if not another SB though.

They'll at LEAST be 10-6 easily

Only real toss ups on their schedule are Denver & their division games

They'll at LEAST be 10-6 easily

Only real toss ups on their schedule are Denver & their division games

I'd throw in the eagles too. It's in Philly, in the cold, and eagles have the best rushing attack in the nfl. I'd still favor Seattle, but I think Eagles can make it close if they're defense has improved a little bit since last year (it actually did improve as the year went on).

I'd throw in the eagles too. It's in Philly, in the cold, and eagles have the best rushing attack in the nfl. I'd still favor Seattle, but I think Eagles can make it close if they're defense has improved a little bit since last year (it actually did improve as the year went on).

Redskins

Giants

Cowboys

Raiders

Chiefs

Including tonight's win that's 6 wins there

They're gonna sweep one if not two of their division rivals

So yeah, that's about right. 10-6 at the least

We're starting 2 first round picks and a 2nd round pick. That doesn't mean anything. 

This is the main reason why they can have such an effective ground game despite a bad oline. 

Our 2 first round picks are the strength of the O Line our T's  The second rounder is a rookie not quite the same thing. Their C has been the pro bowl C the last 2 yrs runninng.

We could be in the same place if we hit on our picks especially the C. If Holmes turns out to be a pro bowl level C and Thorton continues to improve we hit on Mewhort then we will have a pretty good O Line much like Seattle. They have been together longer. We are a young team.

I agree their OC is very good I think their O Line is pretty good too.

Percy Harvin makes them so much tougher..

..but you have to score....

San Diego and Denver will attack Seattle better than this

Denver and San Diego will be lucky to score what Green Bay did... The Superbowl wasn't some anomaly. If you can't run the ball on them while they are dropping 6-7 in coverage, you are going to have heckuva time throwing on them. They look good...

Richard Sherman seriously needs to stop. They have him playing special teams so he doesn't get "BORED"? Seriously?

Go shadow a #1 WR then you won't be bored. You're covering a #3 WR, of course that's boring.

Prove you're the best in the game, shadow the #1 WR

Makes no sense to put him on special teams and increase his injury chance to keep him " entertained"

:facepalm:

They don't move their corners not sure TK but it seems like they are doing something right.

They don't move their corners not sure TK but it seems like they are doing something right.

Yeah they don't but was it really necessary for the commentators to keep pointing out Richard Sherman not getting the ball and what he's doing to keep from being "bored"?

Like seriously?

I feel like you're making a big deal out of nothing.

I'm not making it a big deal. Just pointing out how you can't complain about being bored when you don't shadow the top CB's

Then he does the little yawning motion. Just a bit much, but whatever floats the guy's boat I guess

I am interested to see what the NFL does with a full years worth of film on Chip's offense. He has Sproles now too it will be interesting if they haven't figured something out Philly could put up some points

Redskins

Giants

Cowboys

Raiders

Chiefs

Including tonight's win that's 6 wins there

They're gonna sweep one if not two of their division rivals

So yeah, that's about right. 10-6 at the least

So wrong...

RG3 has a new offensive coordinator so he's going to the pro bowl.

Eli is a two time SB MVP and he's so good he makes it seem like he's horrible. When he puts on his sour face, the league better watch out.

Jerry is going to trade for Manziel and they'll be unstoppable.

Didn't you hear James Jones? Carr is the next Aaron Rodgers.

Chiefs have a qb with an elite size contract so good luck stopping that passing attack.

Have you seen that Rams d-line? They don't need no stinkin quarterback.

Cardinals have the best CB (this is actually true) in the league so...

49ers have guys who aren't intimidated by anything. Heck their players shout "bomb" in airports.

Yeah they don't but was it really necessary for the commentators to keep pointing out Richard Sherman not getting the ball and what he's doing to keep from being "bored"?

Like seriously?

Yeah not proving much covering Boykin not sure Rogers would throw that way very often regardless the match up.

So wrong...

RG3 has a new offensive coordinator so he's going to the pro bowl.

Eli is a two time SB MVP and he's so good he makes it seem like he's horrible. When he puts on his sour face, the league better watch out.

Jerry is going to trade for Manziel and they'll be unstoppable.

Didn't you hear James Jones? Carr is the next Aaron Rodgers.

Chiefs have a qb with an elite size contract so good luck stopping that passing attack.

Have you seen that Rams d-line? They don't need no stinkin quarterback.

Cardinals have the best CB (this is actually true) in the league so...

49ers have guys who aren't intimidated by anything. Heck their players shout "bomb" in airports.

:sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

So much sarcasm in there you could have a deal for Hollywood to be acting haha

I'm not making it a big deal. Just pointing out how you can't complain about being bored when you don't shadow the top WR's

Then he does the little yawning motion. Just a bit much, but whatever floats the guy's boat I guess

You keep saying this, but he plays better on one side of the field. Why would you take him away from his strength? It gives Seattle a huge advantage as he takes away that whole side.

But meh, no biggie.  :dunno:

You keep saying this, but he plays better on one side of the field. Why would you take him away from his strength? It gives Seattle a huge advantage as he takes away that whole side.

But meh, no biggie. :dunno:

Just hard to believe that you can be the best in the game when you only play one side. Then you sent guys like

D. Hall

P. Peterson

J. Haden

You see all them shadowing

I just think Seattle's defense would be that much better if Sherman eliminated the #1 WR like "The best CB in the game" should.

But that's just my opinion

I know it sounds suicidal..but you have to go at Richard Sherman....otherwise you concede too much of the field.

Denver isn't going to run their 'Eddie Lacy'...(because they don't have one)..

I'd line up Demariyus Thomas in front of Sherman and go right at him

there's no blueprint for beating Seattle but I thought GB was conservative and that's not their nature

Just hard to believe that you can be the best in the game when you only play one side. Then you sent guys like

D. Hall

P. Peterson

J. Haden

You see all them shadowing

It's not hard to believe when Sherman was the least targeted CB last year(with the most picks, I might add). Like i said, why take him away from his strength? It lets Seattle game plan for a smaller field since they know Sherman won't be picked on. 

But meh, no biggie. :dunno:

I agree with TK. Just imagine if Sherman went up against Nelson, who had 9 catches. What little production occurred in the passing game...well there would have been even less. Most teams don't have two #1s (can only think of the bears, cardinals, and maybe the colts if hilton makes one more leap). If you take away that number one wr, teams will have no chance at doing anything through the air against seattle. Seahawks only have one vulnerability atm. If Sherman covered the best guy, they'd have no weakness on D.

I know it sounds suicidal..but you have to go at Richard Sherman....otherwise you concede too much of the field.

there's no blueprint for beating Seattle but I thought GB was conservative and that's not their nature

I don't know how Peyton will or won't attack Sherman. But I believe the plan shown in the superbowl and in preseason is to have DT go right after Maxwell. And I think that's smart. Maybe with sanders speed you can get some separation for some catches vs Sherman. But I wouldn't waste DT on Sherman.

I don't know how Peyton will or won't attack Sherman. But I believe the plan shown in the superbowl and in preseason is to have DT go right after Maxwell. And I think that's smart. Maybe with sanders speed you can get some separation for some catches vs Sherman. But I wouldn't waste DT on Sherman.

I agree with TK. Just imagine if Sherman went up against Nelson, who had 9 catches. What little production occurred in the passing game...well there would have been even less. Most teams don't have two #1s (can only think of the bears, cardinals, and maybe the colts if hilton makes one more leap). If you take away that number one wr, teams will have no chance at doing anything through the air against seattle. Seahawks only have one vulnerability atm. If Sherman covered the best guy, they'd have no weakness on D

I guess we just agree to disagree. I've already said why I think Sherman's just fine as he is.

Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers did some not so smart things in this game to kill drives, and the unnecessary 4th down attempt in the 3rd quarter only being down 7 to 10 points. They gave the Seahawks excellent field position and they capitalized on it.  Rodgers made some wild throws that missed after scrambling out of the pocket and being two to three yards away from first downs he could have run for.  You can't do stuff like that to kill drives against good teams like the Seahawks.  

To me Rodgers in the passing game seems to be missing guys like Donald Driver, Jennings, James Jones, and some of the other guys he used to be very comfortable with as well.  For the Seahawks to feel like they would be fine stopping Green Bay once Lacy was shut down tells me they didn't respect the Packers wide receiver corps. The guys they've had in the past used to be a cause for concern even with no running game.

I am less impressed by GB and their continuous craptastic ways then I am impressed by Seattle tonight. To be fair though, tons of teams suck in Seattle. Just flat out SUCK. I give the Saints credit at least for hanging tough there in the divisional in January and coming close.

I am less impressed by GB and their continuous craptastic ways then I am impressed by Seattle tonight. To be fair though, tons of teams suck in Seattle. Just flat out SUCK. I give the Saints credit at least for hanging tough there in the divisional in January and coming close.

While we hung up there and gave it everything, we still got beat into the ground there too.

Just can't win there...period. The asylum is not too find to it's visitors.

This brings up an interesting question. Why DOESN'T Sherman play the #1 WR at all times? I always assumed he did. How can he be more effective on only one side of the field, when he plays a linear position on a rectangular field? Why can't he just mirror what he does on the other side? Is this normal for top rated CBs?

First of all I must say that the last few weeks and/or months have been pretty tough for this wizard. So I'm glad to have the game of football back, and tuned in for the game which I thought was pretty good for the most part. The one problem I had was with the defensive holding calls... and I think this move will rank right up there with the tuck rule and the push out as being bad moves for the NFL. The game was fine as it was, but they can't seem to leave well enough alone. You will now have games changed by the smallest of moves. Seattle was as advised, and Green Bay has become quite adept at beating themselves with silly plays that leave people wide open. Their o-line is looking pretty rough too. Much worse than ours.

There is a blue print line Hitlon on Sherman and let him go to work :disco:  All joking aside they may be even better than last year have to give it up to the Off coordinator he mixes it up really well keeps D's guessing .  

I agree that Wilson is over rated but the seahawks don't suck, their OC is nothing short of amazing and that D-fence is spectacular. I will also through in that I have never met a seahawks fan until 2012 lol. Just goes to show how fickle people are...

That stadium has been known for being one of the toughest places to play for a long time. They caused an earthquake in 2011.

This brings up an interesting question. Why DOESN'T Sherman play the #1 WR at all times? I always assumed he did. How can he be more effective on only one side of the field, when he plays a linear position on a rectangular field? Why can't he just mirror what he does on the other side? Is this normal for top rated CBs?

I think it depends. Mostly, top guys follow the best receiver, but some of them stay on one side of the field. Nnamdi did in his prime, which is why he was never throw at. Revis is more of a shadow guy, as are the other top corners in the league right now, like Peterson, Haden, etc. That's the knock that those other corners always bring up on Sherman, that he stays on one side of the field. I think it weakens his case to be considered the best corner in the league.

Ill talk to the rookie tackle...

you saw Wilson escape almost certain sacks at least 6 times...you and I both did

Seattle's O Line isn't  horrible or their backs aren't getting to the second level without being touched consistently. Lynch's longest run was 21 yards first contact was after 18 he had a walk in TD. He had huge holes to run through most of the night.

Luck escapes almost certain sacks nearly every game was the reason he was only sacked what 12x last year a less mobile QB would not have made it through the season.

I am not saying they have the best line in the league but it is a solid O Line full of high draft picks. The rookie LT was a 2nd rounder. How is he going to get better if he doesn't play? Will he make mistakes yes he will. Now they have a 1st or a 2nd at every spot but left guard.

The reason I thought O Line with our first pick this year was the smartest move. May not have taken the same player but you have to have talent and we got more with Mewhort.

The Hawks O Line is just now coming together all those high draft picks. 2009-2011 they spent 2 first and 1 second. Then this year they took a LT in the 2nd. Two of them have already been to the pro bowl 

Seattle has their players do what they are good at. They aren't asking their rookie LG to pull because that is a favorite play of the OC.

Same reason they aren't moving Sherman all over the field. He is good right where he is at.

The fly sweep went for over 13 yards every time they called it someone was blocking. Then boom they fake it hand the ball to Lynch I could have drove my truck through the hole. Blocking is easier when you have the player going in the direction you want to move him. They have a very good OC and and a solid YOUNG offensive line of high drafts picks two of which have already been to the pro bowl.