Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is it me or is Peyton having a hard time getting over last season?

bap1331

Hes literally played til half time in preseason every game, maybe alittle more. I dont think he ever really went past the first or second drive any other year before passing it to the backup. He played the preseason against the Hawks like it was the Super Bowl. I just hope he doesnt take it out on the Colts in Week 1. lol.

I think Manning may be riled up this season because of the Super Bowl loss. I said that on the other thread. That could be a good thing if the emotions are channeled into another great season or a bad thing if incidents like Swearinger pop up again. I think it is easy for us to brush aside the game and focus on this season as fans but imagine being Manning or any player on that Denver team and trying to digest that loss all season. The hardest thing about the Super Bowl is that it is the last game of the season so no game the following week to help you put it behind you. I think Manning will be fine but I am more interested to see how his teammates react and even Fox. Not every player gets over a loss like that.

Hes literally played til half time in preseason every game, maybe alittle more. I dont think he ever really went past the first or second drive any other year before passing it to the backup. He played the preseason against the Hawks like it was the Super Bowl. I just hope he doesnt take it out on the Colts in Week 1. lol.

He will and you can count on it.

He will and you can count on it.

Wouldn't make any difference what team he played in the first game of the season.   Look what he did to the Ravens last year. What was it   7 TD    :hide:    Oh I forgot the Ravens beat them in the playoffs.  

As Sup said above,  He didn't even play last night....  Pay attention.

He wants that second Super Bowl real bad. I don't blame him, and fully understand. The tough thing for the Broncos , I think, was their 2012 team that lost to the Ravens, was probably the best team in the NFL, and would have beaten SF that year. It just didn't work out, and as we know , the best overall team doesn't always win. I think the Broncos were weaker last year, and Seattle was a bad match up. You have to love this guy 's intensity, I know I do. I wish he would have played in Baltimore. Trust me, he is well liked and respected in the Charm City. We know a good quarterback when we see one , as we saw another good one in this city long ago.

He wants that second Super Bowl real bad. I don't blame him, and fully understand. The tough thing for the Broncos , I think, was their 2012 team that lost to the Ravens, was probably the best team in the NFL, and would have beaten SF that year. It just didn't work out, and as we know , the best overall team doesn't always win. I think the Broncos were weaker last year, and Seattle was a bad match up. You have to love this guy 's intensity, I know I do. I wish he would have played in Baltimore. Trust me, he is well liked and respected in the Charm City. We know a good quarterback when we see one , as we saw another good one in this city long ago.

So you reckon this is the year of the Orioles?.

I doubt we'll see any sort of hangover affect with the Broncos here. They'll be fine. Manning has, like all the greats, had his share of tough losses. 

Really ANY loss like that is tough. The Patriots have had plenty. You lament the lost opportunity because you know how hard it is to get there. But once the games start and the new season is underway it's ancient history. 

So you reckon this is the year of the Orioles?.

I hope, but with Macado and Wieters out, I'm very worried. Right now , with 29 games left, and a 7 game lead, I just want them to win the division. It's been a long time, 1997 , since they won one. When you have the Yankees and Red Sox in your division with bloated 200 million dollar payrolls , and no salary cap like in the NFL, it isn't easy. If we get the division, you just take it from there. I was lucky enough when I was younger to see the O's in six World Series, winning three in 1966, 1970, and 1983. But it's been 31 years, where did the time fly , if they could win this year?

I hope, but with Macado and Wieters out, I'm very worried. Right now , with 29 games left, and a 7 game lead, I just want them to win the division. It's been a long time, 1997 , since they won one. When you have the Yankees and Red Sox in your division with bloated 200 million dollar payrolls , and no salary cap like in the NFL, it isn't easy. If we get the division, you just take it from there. I was lucky enough when I was younger to see the O's in six World Series, winning three in 1966, 1970, and 1983. But it's been 31 years, where did the time fly , if they could win this year?

Man thats long :).

Hopefully this year. I have conceded yankees not just for this year but for near future.

So you're saying he's guaranteed to throw a tantrum, directed at us, when we 're dismantling the broncos?

I like your confidence.

He will throw a tantrum if one of our players makes a dirty play and injures one of our players. I think the Broncos and Peyton will be much better prepared than the Colts and I expect us to take a very bad beat down.

He will throw a tantrum if one of our players makes a dirty play and injures one of our players. I think the Broncos and Peyton will be much better prepared than the Colts and I expect us to take a very bad beat down.

Naw stand by your original prediction man! Have confidence in what you already said!

Peyton is going to take out his frustrations on his teams inadequacy, for being unable to stop the Colts from destroying them, on our team by talking about us behind our backs and being passive aggressive.

Whooooooo! Go Colts! You got me hyped now!

Man thats long :).

Hopefully this year. I have conceded yankees not just for this year but for near future.

It's a long shot, but the Yankees and Orioles still have 8 games left head to head. They still have a shot, but it's getting longer this year. Long term, with 200 million bucks in payroll , the Yankees will always be viable. Unlike other teams, they can eat bad salaries, or add top players when other teams can't. I like the NFL salary cap deal much better than MLB.

Naw stand by your original prediction man! Have confidence in what you already said!

Peyton is going to take out his frustrations on his teams inadequacy, for being unable to stop the Colts from destroying them, on our team by talking about us behind our backs and being passive aggressive.

Whooooooo! Go Colts! You got me hyped now!

Peyton threw a 7 touchdown tantrum at us last year. I can't say I enjoyed it !

I doubt very much losing in the Super bowl had anything to do with that incident. 

maybe it did and maybe it didn't I mean when you have to go up to a DB and get in his face like that for a hit that was all shoulder and if it would been a guy that lets say is 6 foot tall it would have been in his chest either Manning is still mad how about that super bowl loss or the broncos are just so soft that every time Peyton sees one of his receivers get hit he has to say something I mean watch the super bowl you could tell his receivers were sacred of Seattle's DBs  

Hey Orioles used to be one of my favorite teams back in my Baltimore days!! I used to love this guy!!

maybe it did and maybe it didn't I mean when you have to go up to a DB and get in his face like that for a hit that was all shoulder and if it would been a guy that lets say is 6 foot tall it would have been in his chest either Manning is still mad how about that super bowl loss or the broncos are just so soft that every time Peyton sees one of his receivers get hit he has to say something I mean watch the super bowl you could tell his receivers were sacred of Seattle's DBs  

Nope I'm fairly sure it was to do with incidents during the joint practice they held with the Texans, Swearinger has history for late hits and trash talking during such things. Nothing to do with the Super Bowl as much as you seem to like that narrative. 

That's just inaccurate

As Sup said above,  He didn't even play last night....  Pay attention.

Manning has played in 89 snaps this preseason, and didn't play last night.

Andrew Luck has played in 79 snaps this preseason, and didn't play last night.

This entire concept is entirely a construct of OP's imagination.

LOL, you should do standup.

There is nothing funny about that. I expect him to have a huge day against us in the opener. Peyton always has his guys ready and the rest of that coaching staff will have everyone else ready and they have a huge bad taste in their mouth. They will take that out on the Colts big time. I look for Peyton to pass for 400+ and 4 touchdowns +. I look to see Luck set on his back a bunch of times and be under constant pressure. That will result in fumbles and picks. I hope I am wrong but I don't think it will be pretty for the Colts.

There is nothing funny about that. I expect him to have a huge day against us in the opener. Peyton always has his guys ready and the rest of that coaching staff will have everyone else ready and they have a huge bad taste in their mouth. They will take that out on the Colts big time. I look for Peyton to pass for 400+ and 4 touchdowns +. I look to see Luck set on his back a bunch of times and be under constant pressure. That will result in fumbles and picks. I hope I am wrong but I don't think it will be pretty for the Colts.

I'm calling it now, Manning doesn't reach 300 passing yards in the opener.

I'm calling it now, Manning doesn't reach 300 passing yards in the opener.

Ha. I have something I would like to call now but it is not allowed. The bigger question might be does he get 300 yards in the first half. We do not have a defense that can handle was they are going to see out there. They also have never played in altitude. That Denver defense is going to get the Colts off the field quickly and they are going to force turnovers that will give Peyton even more possession time. The only way he goes under 300 yards is if they are up 35-0 in the first half and they pound the ball on the ground for the rest of the game.

Ha. I have something I would like to call now but it is not allowed. The bigger question might be does he get 300 yards in the first half. We do not have a defense that can handle was they are going to see out there. They also have never played in altitude. That Denver defense is going to get the Colts off the field quickly and they are going to force turnovers that will give Peyton even more possession time. The only way he goes under 300 yards is if they are up 35-0 in the first half and they pound the ball on the ground for the rest of the game.

Did you forget we man handled them last year until we got injured in the secondary?

I think your basing your prediction off a selective past, thinking of the past manning, and forgetting the past beating we handed them last season.

Did you forget we man handled them last year until we got injured in the secondary?

I think your basing your prediction off a selective past, thinking of the past manning, and forgetting the past beating we handed them last season.

We didn't beat them badly last year in fact they were a goal line fumble away from tying or winning that game. This is in Denver. This is not the same Denver Defense. Peyton is till Peyton, he was the MVP last year with the greatest season every by a QB. He will be close to that again this year. You are going to be sobbing in your beer when this one is over.